ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

Perhaps, I can apologise to Sea Eagles Team Collectors on behalf of ESP for their choice of Young Gun (as illustrated on Sell-Sheet).

Cheyse Blair.... that is all kinds of wrong.....

I don't mind a single parallel set, this has been a feature for at least a decade and even the mojo idea seems good at the moment, it maybe not so good if I don't get one though.

The second special parallel I can take it or leave it

I don't mind a single parallel set, this has been a feature for at least a decade and even the mojo idea seems good at the moment, it maybe not so good if I don't get one though.

The second special parallel I can take it or leave it

I don't mind a parallel set I get bored with the plain silver ones tho, I liked the look of the gold in last years elite. and the gold this year looks good too. see what they are like in hand.

Is it just me or does there not seem to be the excitement with this release ?

Have ESP alienated that many of us ?

Just finished work and i am reading through the replies on here and thinking the same thing.

We havent really been told much in the sell sheet to get excited by though.

Couple mentions of the Jersey cards and the rest is parallel talk basically

The design for most of the product looks decidedly average, though that George Rose card looks awesome.

The design for the unsigned young guns looks so much better than the signed ones. With the signature and the hulking text of young guns it takes up way too much of the card.

The Jersey cards look alright. Don't see the point of making the signed and unsigned different colours. The silver one looks far better. Considering the size of the swatch it would be quite easy to get 200 multi coloured swatches though I doubt all of them will be. Select had plenty of single coloured swatches.

Releasing the checklist the day before is pretty rough.

Seriously, how good would it be for the base set to be inspired by those 1987 Scanlens cards - the purple borders just POP, and with the glossy finish of cards these days - you really would generate some interest in commons again.

They lose so much by taking the background out - ESP can do it - we've seen the Magic Moments cards in this years Traders. The Eels magic moment with Semi in full flight just works.

Is it just me or does there not seem to be the excitement with this release ?

Have ESP alienated that many of us ?

I look forward to every release (except QLD origin releases) to say I'm excited would be a stretch though.

I wouldn't say ESP have alienated me, they have introduced fresh idea's regularly and that is great. For me I would like them to keep improving though by taking on board more of the feedback offered, the size of the sets drove me away from set collecting years ago and I think this is a killer for a lot of collectors but I would suggest redefining your collecting goals and then move on supporting the hobby

Ross

I like the idea of two parallels. Three pushing it. Four way too much.

Two displays well with the base.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I look forward to every release (except QLD origin releases) to say I'm excited would be a stretch though.

I wouldn't say ESP have alienated me, they have introduced fresh idea's regularly and that is great. For me I would like them to keep improving though by taking on board more of the feedback offered, the size of the sets drove me away from set collecting years ago and I think this is a killer for a lot of collectors but I would suggest redefining your collecting goals and then move on supporting the hobby

Ross
I will always support the hobby Ross.

I scaled back a bit in the last couple of years with my collecting habits.

I just don't see the need for so many inserts other than to drain the pockets of collectors.

Making it harder to collect even basic parallels is ridiculous in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom