Ebay store sellers...what now??

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
I asked this the other day before the site crashed....it must have wiped out my post.
Anyway I'm interested to know the thoughts of other Ebay Store sellers....with the price increases coming into effect tonight, will you be continuing your store in it current form?
Will you be using auctions more as Ebay wants us to??
What do other Ebay users think? Do people with shops and fixed prices take away from the "Ebay buying experience"?

I stopped my store when the email about increased fees came out.
I didnt really spend enough time on the store selling things to make it worthwhile.
This should really hurt eBay... fee increases are never a good thing

I closed my store for now... I closed it almost a month ago... I will see if its worth it. You got to have S*** loads to list or high value items for it to be worth it... But not for a 99 cents card.... Ebay is just greedy as far as i'm concerned...

I am thinking of just using the auctions and put a higher starting bid... :(

http://forums.ebay.com.au/thread.jspa?threadID=500027746&tstart=0&mod=1156201662708
The link above is for a thread in the Ebay forums where people are listing their stores that have closed due to Ebay's fee changes...240 stores and counting....I would estimate that this would only be 10% of the stores that have closed in Australia.
The upside of it is there may well be more bargains available at auction on Aus Ebay.

Allstar cards inc said:
http://forums.ebay.com.au/thread.jspa?threadID=500027746&tstart=0&mod=1156201662708
The link above is for a thread in the Ebay forums where people are listing their stores that have closed due to Ebay's fee changes...240 stores and counting....I would estimate that this would only be 10% of the stores that have closed in Australia.
The upside of it is there may well be more bargains available at auction on Aus Ebay.

Higher starting bids will avoid your stuff from getting sold at a bargain price... Just one of those ebay tricks.... :(

gemini0928 said:
Higher starting bids will avoid your stuff from getting sold at a bargain price... Just one of those ebay tricks.... :(

Higher starting bids are one of Ebay's trick of getting more fees out of you...remember a 1c to 99c starting bid only costs 30c. (But then as you say you are at risk of selling your item too cheap)

yep stuff them, lol.
found where to cancel it, thanks for the tip "Allstar cards inc" i must have skipped the part where it says listings are 30cents which start under $1.

I have been ending lots of listing over the past few weeks but may keep the store open for a while after thinking I was surely going to close it when I first got the notice. :) It won't be too bad if you have lots of items under $20 to sell at fixed prices, will try and dig some up and see how it goes after a month or two. I'm bringing the inventory right down atm and may start fresh with some new listings in the near future.

It won't be too bad if you have lots of items under $20 to sell at fixed prices, will try and dig some up and see how it goes after a month or two.
I have a problem with the fee structure, where if you sell 20 items at $2.50 each (as i would with my Ultra pro card sleeves) Ebay charge you a listing fee of 50c because the total value of the items is $50.00. Multiple items is where they get you!!!

they just try get more profit at the moment since there are lot of people have a store and mostly they are targeting the big seller..... i think they just a pain in the arse and robbed our money.....

R3vival said:
they just try get more profit at the moment since there are lot of people have a store and mostly they are targeting the big seller..... i think they just a pain in the arse and robbed our money.....

Your point about big sellers is right....I'm still yet to hear anyone complain (as Ebay claims was happening) that Buy it Now items in stores were taking away from the traditional Ebay experience (ie. auctions).
If anything it enhanced buyers choice and options....now that will be diminished. Only time will tell whether the auction side can pick up the slack.
Apparently the oz auction site someone mentioned the other day has had a huge influx of members.....

It appears Ebay have had a minor change of heart....

Please note the 20 July announcement stated that the insertion fee tier for a multiple item listing using the Store Inventory Format was to be determined by multiplying the asking price by quantity of your items.

Upon further analysis we have decided to reverse this decision and in a few months Insertion Fees for Multiple Item Listings will again cover any quantity of items within a single listing in Store Inventory Format. We regret any inconvenience and will be issuing credits for the difference within billing in the interim. Any applicable refund will appear in your regular statement.

Back
Top Bottom