EBAY SELL of the MONTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my nomination for "STUPID SELLER OF THE MONTH"

Bulk 1981 ARDMONA Manly - Sea Eagles SIGNED ** RARE ** | eBay

Here's part of the description - "I need to cover my costs and easily sell these at $20 each signed. So clearly there will be a reserve. If the bids are not anywhere near my reserve 2 nights prior to auction completion I will pull the addd and keep these cards for another ten years, simple as that. So over to you."

Pity this guy didnt put on a reserve and started the sale at $0.99. Nice work buddy.

Here's part of the description - "I need to cover my costs and easily sell these at $20 each signed. So clearly there will be a reserve. If the bids are not anywhere near my reserve 2 nights prior to auction completion I will pull the addd and keep these cards for another ten years, simple as that. So over to you."

Pity this guy didnt put on a reserve and started the sale at $0.99. Nice work buddy.

Just a word of warning, Dave is a member here on OCT

We know this but really..the sales pitch...Oh what the heck, i'll just take my bat and ball home:D

Any others, at the same time tonight some mint 1980 cards including a teddy Goodwin went for 4$ odd. Go figure..

I'd probably say this listing violates Ebay listing policy....on several fronts.

1) Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price,

I understand that in the AU auctions you can't set a reserve price excepts on cars, so in effect EWs starting price should be his reserve............ but then the fees are higher.........

So EW to conform to Ebays listing rules should just cancel bids and remove the auction upto 12 hours before it ends if he is unhappy with the way it is going stating item no longer for sale, although personally I would question the ethics of selling like this.

Ross

Agree With Hobo 100% wasn't going to say anything since EW is registered on here but yes i agree 100%.

i dont think what hes done is right.

Are all Dragons collectors nuts or just a few?

Not all of us but too many.

It makes collecting a STG PC a very expensive hobby...boy I wish I went for the Perth Reds.... :lol:

I haven't seen it but It's something ooneil should take into account in his price guide.

Cheers
Ross

My oath, use your search and watch list. Keep a eye out for Paypal payment only items and the newly listed late nights/ early morns. Example: At the height of the 2010 Diamonds at midnight were listed at 35$ each. Seen 1975 mints go dirt cheep. 1994 Legend subset for 6$. Collecting...stay at it you will score. Remember though that the cards are worth more and market governs price. Un fortunately for many this market is probably at its bottom at moment and quality is dominating. There are signs that conditions are improving hence some of the spectacular items selling on ebay.

Personally we all like to get a bargain but persistant lowballing isn't good for card collecting. My thoughts and good luck

Here's my 1985 Scanlens St George Stickers spares. Come and get them St George fans!!:thumbsup:

img066.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom