eBay issue, help required.

nenjabin

World's #1 Pat Burke Collector
Real Name
Benjamin Smith
eBay User
nenjabin
Hey guys, Need help with something. This seller accepted this offer of mine so that the price would be $25.00 with postage, after a bunch of messages through eBay.

70-08 EXQUISITE HEREBERT HILL AUTO JSY ROOKIE #ED 225 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 04-Aug-08 13:09:27 AEST)

He then messages me 2 days ago saying this and I also recieve a refund:
"I REFUNDED YOUR PAYMENT. SHIPPING IS ALMOST $10 YOU DIDNT TELL ME I WAS SHIPPING TO AUSTRALIA SRY I WILL STILL LEAVE POS FEEDBACK"

To which I reply:
"You should have contacted me prior to refunding! Yes it is shipping to Australia and eBay tells you that, but I assure you if you ask for First Class International shipping it will cost you $1.07-$1.90 to ship a card in a penny sleeve/toploader/team bag in a Bubble mailer. Trust me, if you ask for that service then it will be less than $3.00.
I'll re-make the payment and we can try this again, yes?
Ben"

I then find this listing from him yesterday after he did not reply to my reply above:
70-08 EXQUISITE BASE - JSY - AUTO - #ED - BOX - LOT - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 16-Aug-08 05:14:17 AEST)

So I message him to this listing saying:
"I do hope that is not my Herbert Hill card in this lot as we still have an open transaction where I did purchase that card off you. International shipping is not $10, it costs less than $3, usually $1.07-$1.90 for First Class International and I still would like that card that I won.
Please get back to me.
Ben"

He replies:
"I WENT TO THE POST OFFICE AND THE LOWEST THEY OFFERED WAS 9.45 THIS ISNT MY FIRST RODEO. YOU ARE TEL.LING ME THAT IT IS CHEAPER TO SEND IT TO AUSTRALIA THAN TO SHIP IT TO NEW YORK LOL. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE THE COST CALULATE IT YOURSELF USING EBAY. AND YOU ARE RIGHT IT EBAY DOES SAY THAT YOU ARE IN AUSTRALIA BUT I DONT KNOW THAT TILL AUCTION IS OVER YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME KNOW BEFORE. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE BEFORE AND I DONT WANT TO START NOW. LIKE I SAID I REFUNDED YOU YOUR PAYMENT AND WILL LEAVE POS FEEDBACK"

I replied:
"There's the issue there. eBay's calculator is always wrong with international. I will show you photos of the hundreds of bubble mailers I have at home, sent from the US, with a range from $0.90-$2.40 shipping labels on them if you like? I even factored into my quote to you the recent postage rate rise in the US. It used to be $0.90-$1.80, now seems to be $1.07-$1.90 (most commonly) but could be ~$2.50 for an Exquisite card. I don't need to calculate the cost because I have had 50+ US transactions this month alone.
$3.50 is actually about what 90% of US sellers charge to ship to Australia even, which is why I thought you knew I was in Australia.
I am sorry for that confusion, but we did exchange a large number of messages before the listing ended over a few days so I thought you were aware.
I thank you for the refund, but I would rather the card so lets work it out.
Ben"

And now we have no reply from hyim for 24 hours, the new listing now has a bid (it was originally $50.00 start bid with a $200 BIN on it), and it seems this guy will not honour the eBay contract. What do I do? I have my money, but I want the card.

What do I do? What eBay measures do I take and how do I contact them?

Contact him again and try to get Matt (Shawn_Bradley_Fan) to give you a hand, and ship to him, then to you.

If that's no good, and he won't contact you back, hit him up with a very nasty neg. - You'll get a reply then!!

If I'm selling and I get an offer from someone, it tells me where they're from.... If not, then you look at their ID, so you know for sure...

If he refunded your payment, I dont think you can do anything...You can report him to Ebay but even that wont get you your card. No matter what you do, I dont believe you will get the card sorry to say. That sucks man.

Contact him again and try to get Matt (Shawn_Bradley_Fan) to give you a hand, and ship to him, then to you.

If that's no good, and he won't contact you back, hit him up with a very nasty neg. - You'll get a reply then!!

If I'm selling and I get an offer from someone, it tells me where they're from.... If not, then you look at their ID, so you know for sure...

Yeah it shows nationality so I don;t know what he's doiung other than trying to get a higher price for his rather crappy Exquisite box he bought.

If he refunded your payment, I dont think you can do anything...You can report him to Ebay but even that wont get you your card. No matter what you do, I dont believe you will get the card sorry to say. That sucks man.

Even if it ends up that I don't get the card from him, I'll find a way. I'll be reporting him though if he doesn;t work with me. It's not like we're talking months here, he's relisted a card I bought from him only 1 week ago in a new lot! Have had sellers claim postage costs are higher before, which is fine, but they always/usually give you a chance to make it right via extra money or letting them know exactly what service to ask for. This guy has done neither, is being an ass about it, and is blatently ignoring his contract with me so eBay cleaners is the way me thinks soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom