Durant redemption's not going to be fulfilled

why didnt the card company have the player sign the cards before the release???

is that how it is for all basketball cards??? release the product and when the redemptions start flowing, then get the player to sign it.

Thats pretty bodgy...

---------- Post added 14-10-2009 at 12:12 PM ----------

instead of having them all sitting there signed waiting to be sent out

as people have already said, i cant believe they put redemption cards in boxes and they didnt even have the players sig on the card yet, surely they dont wait until a redemption card comes in then get the player to sign it, thats just dodgy and unprofessional!

I think one factor that a lot of people may not know about is that there is a rumour that is going around that UD alledgely still owes quite a few players, suppliers and printers money.

One scenario that has been thrown up is Durant alledgedly may still be owed money from previous signings and wont sign anymore until he his paid for the work he has already done.

What UD generally does is if the player hasnt signed in time for the release, they will put a redemption card in the product and have the player scheduled to sign for them at a later date. I have heard that big dealers quite often hold the signings for the players and pay them upon completion of signing the goods. In some cases the players cant fit in a signing, or they just dont sign and the cards end up being replaced.

This is one of the main reasons why sticker autos are great for production.....the player can sign 10,000 stickers and thats a few years worth of releases.....

Cheers
Matt

as people have already said, i cant believe they put redemption cards in boxes and they didnt even have the players sig on the card yet, surely they dont wait until a redemption card comes in then get the player to sign it, thats just dodgy and unprofessional!

nah that is why they have redemptions. When a player can't sign on time before release they put in redemption cards, so when the player eventually does sign, people can get that card.

so when Durant eventually does sign hey, see what im saying mate, he's not going to eventually sign. they put the redemptions in and now cant follow through. very unprofessional.

Very unprofessional? Maybe, but Id rather run that risk then buy Select products for example. You have to realize that UD and Topps put players into certain sets for many reason, sometimes they just can't get all the players to sign on time, remembering this isn't afl and the players travel more for one game then some afl teams travel in a season! Id would much rather have to wait for a redemption here and there then not have any cards made of said player.The old saying, Damned if you do, damned if you don't seems to ring true for me, take the risk, or at least be compensated properly for it! The area of most concern with redemption's is getting ripped off with replacements, the companies need to make sure they replace like for like, that's where the trouble begins!

UD wouldnt need to have redemption cards if they already had the auto before the product was released. Thats why there are redemptions; because they dont have it yet.

Back
Top Bottom