Don Bradman question

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Any collectors of Bradman or cricket cards know if he has a card where Bowral is mentioned on the back? Looking to add something to the collection in the future. Also, if I go for graded who has the best rep? SGC, PSA, CGA ?

cheers

Matt

Bump - found one mentioning Bowral on the back but it’s a cartoon/caricature card that I’m not a big fan of

25C64D72-A37E-40DB-972E-117DCC76ED35.jpeg

I'm the lucky buyer of the 1928 RC which sold tonight on Ebay

The owner pulled it out of an old plastic sleeve in a shoebox in a UK midlands attic, cleaning out after the passing of an extremely old local chap. He thinks it's been untouched for 70-+ years. Didn't know what he had and was shocked at the end price.

I think it's going to give the only surviving one over a PSA 6 a run for it's money when I get my hands on it and send it over to PSA. The coloring is increadible. I

It's going to live in Melbourne, as all these Bradman cards should reside in Aus.....

After refinding the hobby, this was definitely in the top handful of "grail cards" I wanted for my PC.

I think most of you would understand the rush you get when you land what might be a monumental one..

1684661568981.png

1684661607984.png

Last edited:
I'm the lucky buyer of the 1928 RC which sold tonight.

The owner pulled it out of an old plastic sleeve in a shoebox in a UK midlands attic. HE thinks it's been untouched for 6-+ years. Didn't know what he had and was shocked at the end price.

I think it's going to give the only surviving one over a PSA 6 a run for it's money when I get my hands on it and send it over to PSA.

It's going to live in Melbourne, as all these Bradman cards should reside in Aus.....
Congrats! Which card is it?

I'm the lucky buyer of the 1928 RC which sold tonight on Ebay

The owner pulled it out of an old plastic sleeve in a shoebox in a UK midlands attic, cleaning out after the passing of an extremely old local chap. He thinks it's been untouched for 70-+ years. Didn't know what he had and was shocked at the end price.

I think it's going to give the only surviving one over a PSA 6 a run for it's money when I get my hands on it and send it over to PSA. The coloring is increadible. I

After refinding the hobby, this was definitely in the top handful of "grail cards" I wanted for my PC.

I think most of you would understand the rush you get when you land what might be a monumental one..

1684661568981.png

1684661607984.png

amazing card congrats!

I picked up a PSA 1 the other day - was a good price and just wanted to get my hands on one 😬

amazing card congrats!

I picked up a PSA 1 the other day - was a good price and just wanted to get my hands on one 😬

There's 1 x PSA 8 in existence, which is about 2 grades higher than the next best.

God knows what it's worth.

It may be the most valuable Australian sports card in existence tbh.

Last edited:
amazing card congrats!

Got it in my hands tonight.

3/4 Soft corners as you would expect for an almost 100 year old card.

Edges are excellent, no signs of trimming and not much chipping. Perfectly centered. Zero staining.

No pin holes

Colours super bright and all the print intact.

Under 10x there’s micro cracking to the white border as you would expect.

I’ll be really interested to see what this grades.

I’m guessing a 4 or a 5.

As this is the first vintage cigarette card I’ve ever submitted or looked under a microscope, hard to compare vs other examples.

I managed to pick up raw of his Wills rookie card the other day in an auction, so will submit them together when I get it, that ones in rough shape, that’s likely a PSA 1, just wanted it for the PC.

Last edited:
Got it in my hands tonight.

3/4 Soft corners as you would expect for an almost 100 year old card.

Edges are excellent, no signs of trimming and not much chipping. Perfectly centered. Zero staining.

No pin holes

Colours super bright and all the print intact.

Under 10x there’s micro cracking to the white border as you would expect.

I’ll be really interested to see what this grades.

I’m guessing a 4 or a 5.

As this is the first vintage cigarette card I’ve ever submitted or looked under a microscope, hard to compare vs other examples.

I managed to pick up raw of his Wills rookie card the other day in an auction, so will submit them together.

Sounds pretty good either way but You were hoping for possible a 6 though going by photos?

Back
Top Bottom