Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

The boxes it ordered for myself and my dad have finally arrived today after a few loops of the country. Had a blast ripping through them.
Pulled this absolute beauty.
It IS for sale. Thought I’d put the feelers out here first.

8F1ADF40-C5DA-4225-9109-9D9CF043901B.jpeg

5054A2C4-8443-423A-A380-9FB551917E38.jpeg
congrats mate..fantastic hit

Card values in the future are irrelevant to my collection to a degree, we alll want to know what we are spending our hard earned on is of value, But I never plan on selling any of my PC.
My kids can.
My dad collected coins his whole life was it worth a fortune. No!
Did it make him happy. Yes it did.
Do I care he spent his money on them! Not at all.
As a team collector it’s what makes me happy. I want every Lions High end card,
For someone who wants everything a limited card is always a limited card. Try finding some early non signed cards. Eg 1996 brownlow comp cards, at the time I know they were thrown out as losing cards, lost or destroyed. Good luck putting a set of those together. Some are close and most cards are buried deep in collections and will probably never see the light of day again.
I collect for myself and enjoy the chase, are some overpriced. Yes. Will they come down, some yes but others will not, miss the boat and you may never see some of those rare ones again and if you do you might be paying a pretty penny.
Everyone needs to decide what there own collecting goals are, and can they afford it.

I'll be damned if I'm leaving my cards to my kids so they can live off the riches haha

But who can really determine values in the future? Never saw this little bubble coming with people paying nearly 5k for a box of basketball cards.

Collect what you like to collect, you'll have cards that are worth more one day and cards that are probably worth less. Don't let future values affect your collecting today.

Depends on your motive and objective, but if you are a collector and cards for your PC (and not to flip). Than it's worth whatever value you place on it...from experience don't underestimate the joy of having a specific card in your collection that you can just admire and satisfaction in knowing you have one.

There are a handful of cards I look back at (in my earlier days of collecting) where I'm now saying damn I should have grabbed it when I could (even if priced seemed little high at the time)...Mark Viduka Signature redemption from A-League release case in point.

Yeah lets be honest none of us real collectors intend to sell so it is irrelevent to a degree but deep down you do like to think ypur collection will be worth something down the track (eveb if not as much as you invested) ahaha not that i think anyone is going to want to buy my 50 ainsworth holos lol i know they are just of value to me and me alone lol

But in terms of sig vs non sig i dont thibj thats that much of an issue as lets be honest sigs these days are alot easier to get thab in the future. And just look at older nba cards. They dont need to be sigs to be worth value. All depends on player, collectability if that set and popularity.

Just wanted to ask what people think of this . I sent some redemptions in today and also a damaged card (low end insert) from a previous year. Now I will start by saying Select have always been accommodating with replacements for me. They replaced the card, but then told me they will only replace present year inserts from now. What do people think of this and have you received same information ? I buy alot of older packs and boxes and would still hope if the card had damage straight from a pack there can still be something done.

I had a feeling about that too the other day , but I cannot remember what triggered the thought lol.

I had a feeling about that too the other day , but I cannot remember what triggered the thought lol.

Clearing out all the old stock, Supremacy 2 is ready to go for next year (know one of the jersey card players already)......... boost the balance sheet for someone to buy them.

That might just have been it. They have been doing it for a long time so it is time for someone else to take over I suspect.

I was also thinking that they actually might run out of stock to sell , the higher end stuff anyway mmm interesting.

the hobby seams to be going from strength to strength..selling out in minutes/increased collectors joining the flock ect.. why would they give up the cash cow now?

Yeah lets be honest none of us real collectors intend to sell so it is irrelevent to a degree but deep down you do like to think ypur collection will be worth something down the track (eveb if not as much as you invested) ahaha not that i think anyone is going to want to buy my 50 ainsworth holos lol i know they are just of value to me and me alone lol

But in terms of sig vs non sig i dont thibj thats that much of an issue as lets be honest sigs these days are alot easier to get thab in the future. And just look at older nba cards. They dont need to be sigs to be worth value. All depends on player, collectability if that set and popularity.
Put Sam Mitchell on a card and i'll want it :rofl:

There is a reason for this.

I strongly believe that Select will not renew when their current licence expires. Its just a hunch but all the things they have been doing just solidify this view in my opinion.

Clearing out all the old stock, Supremacy 2 is ready to go for next year (know one of the jersey card players already)......... boost the balance sheet for someone to buy them.

That makes exactly zero sense

The value of the select business is in the exclusive AFL licence, not renewing means the only value is the old stock which they are clearing out

If they wanted to sell the business now would probably be a good time but any purchaser would only purchase with the licence in place

That makes exactly zero sense

The value of the select business is in the exclusive AFL licence, not renewing means the only value is the old stock which they are clearing out

If they wanted to sell the business now would probably be a good time but any purchaser would only purchase with the licence in place

You said it yourself to sell the business now would be a good time (market is booming)..... the balance sheet has been improved (and continues to be) now is the time to make yourself as attractive as possible to a prospective buyer. Selling up and cashing out would be a nice retirement present for Mr Copley (not getting any younger)!

And yes if I was buying Select, you would want assurances that you had the licence for an extended period of time - that is a given.

It is booming makes you wonder if it is time for another card maker to come in. It’s a bit like the 90s again but it’s sold online mainly. Cards are selling out so fast another couple of higher end sets would be handy for us collectors and sellers alike.

You said it yourself to sell the business now would be a good time (market is booming)..... the balance sheet has been improved (and continues to be) now is the time to make yourself as attractive as possible to a prospective buyer. Selling up and cashing out would be a nice retirement present for Mr Copley (not getting any younger)!

And yes if I was buying Select, you would want assurances that you had the licence for an extended period of time - that is a given.

What do you believe would be asking price to buy Select?

Back
Top Bottom