Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

I didn't rush or anything, set my alarm, took a few minutes to type my card details in and still managed to get away with a couple of boxes.

Really feel for everyone else, only making 1800 boxes available to the public is a disgrace.

It seems unlikely that so many different buyers could have purchased large amounts so quickly. Surely the majority must have been pre allocated behind the scenes.
Like many others, I am seriously reconsidering what I collect.

Hear! Hear! I was in the same boat, usually purchase a couple of boxes but was told sold out in 6 minutes,,WTF.
maybe time to give AFL a miss,

It’s upto $355 now,
$80 over Select sale price...what an easy way to make money, and the Ink's not even dry on the cards

I didn't rush or anything, set my alarm, took a few minutes to type my card details in and still managed to get away with a couple of boxes.

Really feel for everyone else, only making 1800 boxes available to the public is a disgrace.

Exactly what I did

Set alarm, woke up 5 minutes before hand and made sure I was logged in and such. It dropped, got two boxes and was finished in 3 button presses and went back to bed for a hour to wake up to everything blowing up.

It’s upto $355 now,
$80 over Select sale price...what an easy way to make money, and the Ink's not even dry on the cards

Product isn't even in hand either, can you imagine if this happened in other industries. Cars, houses, food...

I don’t get all the people on selects Facebook page blaming retailers for buying most of the stock, everyone I know had there allocation from previous years slashed by 50%, not there fault, not selects fault either the hobby has got massive the last 18 months and with NBA Being so expensive I bet people have jumped ship from NBA To AFL, plus the hundreds of breakers doesn’t help

I don’t get all the people on selects Facebook page blaming retailers for buying most of the stock, everyone I know had there allocation from previous years slashed by 50%, not there fault, not selects fault either the hobby has got massive the last 18 months and with NBA Being so expensive I bet people have jumped ship from NBA To AFL, plus the hundreds of breakers doesn’t help

I do, mainly for when retailers are already ramping up prices because they themselves created a bubble by being able to corner the market before it even existed. I have no real issue if they just move it on at RRP or very close to it. But Sunshine is setting a precedent here and I find it disgusting with some people saying he is just running a buisness. Nothing but a cheap cop out in the context of anything other then just him personally.

Some of the blame also lies on Select for not reading the market, seems they just went with the old method rather then noticing the large shift. But I guess it just comes down to their true motive. If it's just pure money then they wont care, if they care about longevity of the hobby then this isn't the way to go in my eyes.

I think your on to something with your comments regarding NBA boys jumping ship, onto our AFL ship...The price of NBA boxs is driving collectors out of the hobby.

Wow I wonder where this will finish

400 now

554BABA9-EEEE-4C13-9B02-D31E56D00E7C.png

How'd you feel if you didn't get your cases Brendan and missed out online?
Well that's probably how the collector's are feeling right now.
Not everyone knows and retailer or wholesaler like you do.
Even more frustrating for them is seeing flippers get 70% of the market and a rubbish post from Tony on behalf of Grant.

And hearing some who got wholesale even got some online whiles others missed out. How's the greed!

People are well within there right to be annoyed.

The Collector got screwed today and it isn't right!

I remember reading either here or elsewhere - someone predicted exactly this happening

When you are paying $300+ a box and pulling a Players Ink auto that sells for $30 no wonder its driving people out of the market.

Best piece of advice is let others break down the boxes and buy up the singles you need at a fraction of the cost of a case.

I'm sure $2800 will pretty much buy you all the cards in the release your team has!

Some of the blame also lies on Select for not reading the market, seems they just went with the old method rather then noticing the large shift. But I guess it just comes down to their true motive. If it's just pure money then they wont care, if they care about longevity of the hobby then this isn't the way to go in my eyes.

Yup, this is on Select more than anyone IMO. They have never been a proactive company, outside of Supremacy. They are just a "rinse and repeat" company capitalizing on their monopoly of the market. Not surprised really, Grant has never had a passion for any of it besides the $$$ side

When you are paying $300+ a box and pulling a Players Ink auto that sells for $30 no wonder its driving people out of the market.

Best piece of advice is let others break down the boxes and buy up the singles you need at a fraction of the cost of a case.

I'm sure $2800 will pretty much buy you all the cards in the release your team has!

This right here.... There is nothing in this product that really warrants this the prices on the secondary market topping $300 a box. Youd be better off just biting the bullet and paying the $1000 or whatever for a Pendles captain sig or the Next Gen etc (Afterpay it through Ebay if you must)... Get in early and you should get one... Unless the number of people hording boxes/cases is unlike anything we've ever seen, but even then, they will have to be busted eventually

On another note away from the issues of today !! Does anyone know who the case cards are in this set and how many there will be.

Thanks in advance

There is very likely shill bidding on the first auction to drive prices higher so resellers can profit. The breakdown value of an average case is not phenomenal, there are only a handful of major cards.

If allocations hadn't been cut by 50%, everyone would have been in the same boat as last year. Basing allocations on a restricted series 1 was a mistake. It would have been fairer to base them on last years Dominance orders. All the hype by Select and social media has fuelled the fire and many collectors will be paying a lot more or walking away.

How'd you feel if you didn't get your cases Brendan and missed out online?
Well that's probably how the collector's are feeling right now.
Not everyone knows and retailer or wholesaler like you do.
Even more frustrating for them is seeing flippers get 70% of the market and a rubbish post from Tony on behalf of Grant.

And hearing some who got wholesale even got some online whiles others missed out. How's the greed!

People are well within there right to be annoyed.

The Collector got screwed today and it isn't right!
Retailers in the past have probably bought 80-90% of stock and no one had dramas getting boxes I ran case shares every year so people could get boxes cheap, apart from supremacy I can’t remember select ever pushing so hard for people to buy through there website and when people missed out the retailers got the blame for buying all the stock, if retailers were still allowed to buy what they have in the past we wouldn’t be seeing what’s happened today, and this would be the 1st year in how long you haven’t been able to buy cases

Back
Top Bottom