Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

Sunshinecollectibles are selling individual boxes for $275 with heaps still in stock but right
I hope people that want to crack some boxes for themselves get onto this.
I managed to get my boxes to open with dad when they arrive! Hoping to hit some dogs stuff.

I hope people that want to crack some boxes for themselves get onto this.
I managed to get my boxes to open with dad when they arrive! Hoping to hit some dogs stuff.

Good for you and your old man :)

At the end of the day, this is still what the hobby is about (not that Select have ever cared about the genuine collector)

At least I have a box to open with my son too...

Actual photo of collectors heading into the Select HQ as we speak 😂

9F71C616-FB4E-43FD-82C5-238B6CF6DF81.jpeg

Tbh D20 won't be a sell-out - or even if it is, you'll easily find a cogs captain signature for as little as $250 by Xmas plus not to mention a swallow one for less than $200 even! Ok perhaps a dusty dominance black will be hard to find for less than $400 in years to come but I really can't think of any card here that would make history for collectors

That’s unbelievable.

I refreshed the page at the exact moment the clock on my phone ticked over to 8:30, it said sold out so about 15 seconds later I refreshed again and was able to add a case to my cart. I checked out pretty quickly because all of my details are pre-saved and luckily my order went through, but it sounds like it must have been literally a matter of seconds.

Enormous backlash already, going to be an interesting few days for Select. There’s no way it could possibly have sold out that quickly if all product was available for purchase at 10:30.
I did exactly the same, those seconds lost when the web page said sold out were costly. By the time I got to PayPal checkout, even though my address was already populated, I hit buy and they had sold out.
It seems unlikely that so many different buyers could have purchased large amounts so quickly. Surely the majority must have been pre allocated behind the scenes.
Like many others, I am seriously reconsidering what I collect.

I reckon there would have been less than 10% of the print run available on the website.

Everything else already allocated, what was left was snapped up.

I mean you have people willing to throw $2800 at you and you cant supply them?

Lots of unhappy people it seems!

I did exactly the same, those seconds lost when the web page said sold out were costly. By the time I got to PayPal checkout, even though my address was already populated, I hit buy and they had sold out.
It seems unlikely that so many different buyers could have purchased large amounts so quickly. Surely the majority must have been pre allocated behind the scenes.
Like many others, I am seriously reconsidering what I collect.

agree, no way multiple accounts could have purchased so quickly if they were used to get more than 3 cases for a single person.

It definitely looks like some dealing has gone on by the scenes.... Surprising, considering Select have always been such an upstanding company :lol:

Enjoy it while it last Grant...

agree, no way multiple accounts could have purchased so quickly if they were used to get more than 3 cases for a single person.

It definitely looks like some dealing has gone on by the scenes.... Surprising, considering Select have always been such an upstanding company :lol:

Enjoy it while it last Grant...
The unofficial Select page has posted they will be doing some breaks for Select, not sure on stock levels. I imagine if someone didn't get fired, they would have received even more stock...

I’ll be honest guys, this exact thing happened back in Feb/Mar with NBA boxes and is still happening!

If you want to get some affordable AFL boxes now is the time to do it as I did this with NBA boxes and then saw them continue to rise and rise. What will happen from here is breakers will break and break and then when Dominance runs out they will turn to the older product to bust and make a profit on.

I am done with AFL for now but I am still going to buy some older product while I can as I see the same thing happening to AFL sealed boxes that has happened to NBA sealed boxes......go try and find a factor sealed NBA box from previous years and see what they cost now.......the prices are insane and they are here to stay! Especially during the “Breaker era”.

We had the junk wax era and now we have the Breaker era so get in while you can!

Back
Top Bottom