Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

Feel free to elaborate if you have some facts?

I don't have any facts on this and don't really care to be honest but for what its worth, I have had at least 3 different people tell me the same thing since the weekend.

Were these decisions cost cuts due to Covid or was something done untoward by this say employee?

Interesting times.
interesting to hear this new turn of events..
would of thought things were rolling along nice and smoothly, considering the last few years has seen a huge improvement in quality and some fantastic releases that have flown of the shelf or sold out.
yet, behind the scenes ... who knows? certainly is interesting times

Man I’m shattered it’s been delayed was looking forward to this release, would be the perfect time to drop it with the lockdowns, but might be hard to get it I guess

Wonder if they're holding up proceedings due to the fact this say employee would be on all their previews and have had to re do them

Bummer either way, was super pumped to see this set.

This was one of the rumours floating around.....

In terms of a certain Select employee, I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner.

While the person did amazing things in terms of helping get wonderful cards produced, the person was also undermining it all with the way they acted towards certain people/ pages and other break pages whether it this person personally or as part of a inner group of people running a certain page.

I know that at least 3 complaints were made over the last few months about the behaviour shown including reporting people to Government bodies, redirecting stock intended for other break pages and photoshopping the numbers on cards to show another number and releasing the photo.

I fully believe in the idea that this person was trying to create a monopoly within the AFL card collecting world especially after the first two incidents through both the paid position at Select and Admin of one of the biggest pages within AFL cards.

Covid may of played a part in this person being removed from Select, but by the way a certain page has reacted (Breaks cancelled at last moment, admins dodging questions, people still waiting on refunds) I would be led to believe Select have had enough of this behaviour and not only cut this person loose but also the connection to the page they were affiliated with.

Last edited:
In terms of a certain Select employee, I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner.

While the person did amazing things in terms of helping get wonderful cards produced, he was also undermining it all with the way he acted towards certain people/ pages and other break pages whether it was him personally or as part of a inner group of people running a certain page.

I know that at least 3 complaints were made over the last few months about the behaviour shown including reporting people to Government bodies, redirecting stock intended for other break pages and photoshopping the numbers on cards to show another number and releasing the photo.

I fully believe in the idea that this person was trying to create a monopoly within the AFL card collecting world especially after the first two incidents through both the paid position at Select and Admin of one of the biggest pages within AFL cards.

Covid may of played a part in this person being removed from Select, but by the way a certain page has reacted (Breaks cancelled at last moment, admins dodging questions, people still waiting on refunds) I would be led to believe Select have had enough of this behaviour and not only cut this person loose but also the connection to the page they were affiliated with.

if true, that's pretty disgraceful. I know the photoshopping of the card was apparently a "joke".... and personally, I found that response pretty disgusting.... Almost as disgusting as Supremacy team breaks being back doored..... I dont know much about the other stuff, but I was never one of the "cool kids" on facebook

Last edited:
MK.jpg

if true, that's pretty disgraceful. I know the photoshopping of the card was apparently a "joke".... and personally, I found that response pretty disgusting.... Almost as disgusting as Supremacy team breaks being back doored..... I dont know much about the other stuff, but I was never one of the "cool kids" on facebook

It was such a weird thing to do given the context of how the situation ended up for the only response be "get over it, it was a joke lul"

No doubt some collectors would of changed how they were going to collect, in the idea that exact numbered card is now not in circulation.

While the person did amazing things in terms of helping get wonderful cards produced, the person was also undermining it all with the way they acted towards certain people/ pages and other break pages whether it this person personally or as part of a inner group of people running a certain page.

its weird for them to claim to be breaking teamcoach now because younger fans/kids asked when they have always been bagging out teamcoach in the past. not wearing any more select polos in recent videos as well as the removal of select branding on their desk.

It was such a weird thing to do given the context of how the situation ended up for the only response be "get over it, it was a joke lul"

No doubt some collectors would of changed how they were going to collect, in the idea that exact numbered card is now not in circulation.

If nothing more, it was a terrible look coming from a Select employee....

its weird for them to claim to be breaking teamcoach now because younger fans/kids asked when they have always been bagging out teamcoach in the past. not wearing any more select polos in recent videos as well as the removal of select branding on their desk.

That's the main reasoning as to why I think the person was let go due to previous behaviour rather than say just Covid. Select would of been more in favour of keeping that relationship if it was purely unrelated and unfortunate circumstances that saw them let go.

Yeah, most see through the BS, its just not worth engaging... the continued censorship, banning of members and deletion of posts just makes people think "why bother".... I actually felt for the guy up until today and figured it was a bad spot to be in, both select employee and head of largest FB card page, but the more Im hearing publicly and privately (if true) is just mind blowing, especially for all the preaching and carry on that went on over there.... Very poor form by all involved (including select) to say the least

Yeah, most see through the BS, its just not worth engaging... the continued censorship, banning of members and deletion of posts just makes people think "why bother".... I actually felt for the guy up until today and figured it was a bad spot to be in, both select employee and head of largest FB card page, but the more Im hearing publicly and privately (if true) is just mind blowing, especially for all the preaching and carry on that went on over there.... Very poor form by all involved (including select) to say the least
i think select have done really well the last few years in regards to the quality of their releases and looking forward to Dominance 2. There shouldnt be so much drama with cards, which is seems that this individual has caused with their behaviour recently. hopefully select can move forward without this drama.

Back
Top Bottom