Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

Perhaps another round of platinum dps cards like in 2008 and this time similar to the influential cards added to 2017 certified knowing we were getting opposite 9:9 teams for top ends and secondary top ends?

Perhaps another round of platinum dps cards like in 2008 and this time similar to the influential cards added to 2017 certified knowing we were getting opposite 9:9 teams for top ends and secondary top ends?

Given the shift towards low numbered case hits with the Showstoppers which have been huge hits and beautiful cards, an equivalent to the Influential sounds realistic.

I imagine there will also need to be a 1 per box hit to replace the Premiership Predictors of Dominance/Legacy and another 1:4 or 1:6 box hit to replace the FHOF/High Flyers.

Potentially a case could include:

1x Influential equivalent (1 per team, numbered to /40)
1x captain sig or Next Gen
1x Dominance
2x numbered hits to replace FHOF / High Flyers
4x medal winners

I have always wanted to see numbered medal cards or at the very least signed/redemption variants. Instead of pulling 15x identical Stephenson Rising Star cards over cases, boxes, loose packs and breaks it would be nice to pull a signed varient...

sighned/redemption variants with the medal cards are a great idea.. bring back the low numbered coleman medal sighnature aswell

if cameron is good enough to win the coleman,then he deserves a sigh card.(personally i rate j.c as the best foward in the league, love watching him play). The last c.medal sigh was what riewoldt and franklin? if my memory serves me???

Given the shift towards low numbered case hits with the Showstoppers which have been huge hits and beautiful cards, an equivalent to the Influential sounds realistic.

I imagine there will also need to be a 1 per box hit to replace the Premiership Predictors of Dominance/Legacy and another 1:4 or 1:6 box hit to replace the FHOF/High Flyers.

Potentially a case could include:

1x Influential equivalent (1 per team, numbered to /40)
1x captain sig or Next Gen
1x Dominance
2x numbered hits to replace FHOF / High Flyers
4x medal winners

I have always wanted to see numbered medal cards or at the very least signed/redemption variants. Instead of pulling 15x identical Stephenson Rising Star cards over cases, boxes, loose packs and breaks it would be nice to pull a signed varient...
I agree, I think an equivalent to the Influential is definitely a chance.

If we look at Honours 1 vs Honours 2 - the Brownlow Honour Roll was added and everything else was (largely) the same.
If we look at Certified 1 vs Certified 2 - the Influential was added and everything else was exactly the same.
Therefore it wouldn't be too hard to expect an addition to Dominance 2, given that we know its 525 cases (yes this has been confirmed and is the same as Dominance 1).
If this 'Influential equivalent' does exist, then it would likely be all teams and would expect it to be numbered to 30 - if its 1 per case. If its /40 then some cases would have 2.

450 cases should have a Captain sig (9 teams x 50), whilst a Gen Next Sig or equivalent should fill the remaining 75 cases (same as Dominance 1)
We also know the remaining 9 Dominance will be 1 per case - 9 teams numbered to 60, means maybe a few cases have 2.
Curious to see the replacement for High Flyers and also what Prem Predictors are replaced with.

Interested to hear how the potential inclusion of the older 001's fit in and also the impact of the FOTL type boxes.

if cameron is good enough to win the coleman,then he deserves a sigh card.(personally i rate j.c as the best foward in the league, love watching him play). The last c.medal sigh was what riewoldt and franklin? if my memory serves me???
2013 prime the last time it was done.

I also won't be surprised should a third honours theme come back next year or in a couple of years but as a Coleman medal focused theme instead of Brownlow and that's when things could take place?

I agree, I think an equivalent to the Influential is definitely a chance.

If we look at Honours 1 vs Honours 2 - the Brownlow Honour Roll was added and everything else was (largely) the same.
If we look at Certified 1 vs Certified 2 - the Influential was added and everything else was exactly the same.
Therefore it wouldn't be too hard to expect an addition to Dominance 2, given that we know its 525 cases (yes this has been confirmed and is the same as Dominance 1).
If this 'Influential equivalent' does exist, then it would likely be all teams and would expect it to be numbered to 30 - if its 1 per case. If its /40 then some cases would have 2.

450 cases should have a Captain sig (9 teams x 50), whilst a Gen Next Sig or equivalent should fill the remaining 75 cases (same as Dominance 1)
We also know the remaining 9 Dominance will be 1 per case - 9 teams numbered to 60, means maybe a few cases have 2.
Curious to see the replacement for High Flyers and also what Prem Predictors are replaced with.

Interested to hear how the potential inclusion of the older 001's fit in and also the impact of the FOTL type boxes.
What could replace high flyers:

Concept known as "GOAL!"
- similar apparence to black dominance but gold background instead of black
- words "GOAL!" in foreground instead of word dominance
- close up of depicted player in a frenzy upon scoring such goal
- similar apparence to strike force concept but a high end numbered to 60

What could be the bonus top equivalent to IC or honour roll:

Platinum show stopper
- white rainbow foil instead of gold or sterling silver
- past time legend of each club or recent retired star or current player over 28 in twilight stage of their career

Or possibly a parallel draft pick signature like in 2008 and perhaps a chance to make up for future force and collectors would now appreciate seeing players actually in team colours

Concept known as "GOAL!"

Dom Sheed 2018 GF version of that card

lol.gif

Concept known as "GOAL!"

Love this idea but I think they'd look even better in the design of High Flyers. Would give the certain play more context, and the finish on the High Flyers is amazing. For an Essendon fan, Tipungwuti's goal against North in Round 17, 2019 would be an amazing card!

I also think each year there should be medal cards (Brownlow, Coleman, Rising Star) as well as signed versions. Could add the medal cards to Footy Stars or Footy Stars Prestige (should it continue), then have signed version in whatever comes in Series 2

Imagine a Kennedy Gen X card! - John Kennedy SNR; John Kennedy Jr (Hawks) and Josh Kennedy (Swans) thus Hawthorn/Sydney hybrid card

Platinum showstoppers perhaps

ADL Modra
BNE Voss
CTN AJ
Cwd Buckley
ESS Hird
Freo pav
Gee Ablett snr
GCS Ablett jnr
GWS sheeds
Haw tuck
Mel Lyon
NME Carey
Pwr Williams, mark
Rmd Richo
STK Lockett
Syd Goodes
Wce Judd
Wbd Whitten

A high end insert card which relates to each club games record holder would be nice. Agree with comments that High Flyer look and feel was great, so retaining that would be good.

Another show stopper variant may be a bit too much...don't want to over do it and take away from the two great versions we've had to date.

With regards to comments on past draft signatures, this wouldn't be too bad and can be something similar to Top prospects in 2004.

As a Tigers man the main draft picks missed were(if only looking at first 2-3 picks in national draft)

2014 - C Ellis and Menadue...so no need to go back here
2015 - Rioli, Markov and Broad...Rioli had a signature card as part of 2017 premiership redemption
2016 - Bolton, Graham & Garthwaite...Graham had a signature as part of Supremacy

So in summary, I'm not too fussed as from above names only Bolton I'd love a signature for.

With regards to next generation...here's a list of Top 10 father son

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/the-top-10-father-son-combinations-in-the-game-54975

great point in regards to the show stopper, dont want to over do it. Keep it like the "footy finest" it's done... move on
past DPS no thanks...we have moved on, one of the great things of the "certified sighs" is you can pick any players for a sigh, plenty of players picked in the rookie draft/late in the national draft over the years would be great to add.

Back
Top Bottom