Do you collect base cards of your PC players?

Some great responses guys.... today it might be less appealing to collect base cards as seeing as most "decent" cards today are too thick to fit in an album you can't really look at all your cards together..... but I've always liked looking at all my cards together when they could all fit in an album, all next to each other..... base cards, parallels, sweet inserts et al all together. :D

I have just started to collect Brandon Roy cards and i dont think i am going to worry about base due to the fact that i could buy a base off ebay at $1 but then there is $2 postage so after getting 20 base or so i could of had enough so maybe get a cheap auto or gu. but thats just me i respect the people that chase every single base and insert i just dont have to time/money to do so.

I have just started to collect Brandon Roy cards and i dont think i am going to worry about base due to the fact that i could buy a base off ebay at $1 but then there is $2 postage so after getting 20 base or so i could of had enough so maybe get a cheap auto or gu. but thats just me i respect the people that chase every single base and insert i just dont have to time/money to do so.

I don't buy them in single form like that... as you say it's not worth it..... but I pick them up where I can, usually in lots.. to make it worth it :)

i collect all for pippen, ive steered clear of oddball junk though, i think oddball and proof stuff is just sh!te..i used to after them but couldnt be stuffed now, i go for whats on the beckett checklist however i do try and pick up shadow cards(pip in the background like dotnet said).....for those who dont collect base go to the beckett marketplace and find a buyer who ships cheap(avzen is where i pick up base) and theres another site thats been on here but i cant remember what its called and they have cheap base and postage. i picked up 20 pippen base for $10 total

Collect Jordan/Pip/Rodman.

Don't go for bases of Pip and Rodman unless I get them in a BIG lot.
I do try and pick up every Jordan base I can cos I can't afford his nicer stuff :D

I collect everything CP3 even his base cards =) i won't go out of my way to get them but because i can usually pick them up for peanuts at my local CS i don't see why not. I've also got CP3 8x10 auto,figurine,swingman and authentic jerseys and t shirts. CP's my main man so why not go all out...

yeah, esp those i collected before (mutombo, starks).. but the later ones I only collect the rcs of (sergio, koufos)

i have just started collecting chris paul
i go 4 anything of his, rookie, jersey, auto, rares and base
i recon if u collect a player u just go 4 as many cards u can get of that player :)

Back
Top Bottom