graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
DO NOT, and I repeat - DO NOT send paypal payments as gifts to traders you do not know or trust.

You have absolutely ZERO recourse in the event of a problem.

It has come to my attention that a member here specified to a newbie that a gift payment was required otherwise the deal would not happen. That member then sent a damaged card knowing full well the buyer had nothing to go back on.

If any members specify PayPal gift payment as the only option, please be sure to let us know so we can take care of it.

Thanks
Graham

Thanks for the tips Graham ! I never liked paying as a gift. gifts are just that and how can you ask for a gift back

What about payment owed ? Or has paypal decided that "zero fees paid" means zero cover !?

I dont want to start an arguement or anything here.. But how is sending VIA Direct Debit any different? Still get no protection... after all this isnt ebay..

Sending via a gift is prodomitly the same but easier... so are you saying you should only use paypal (Purchase) for all new users?

Direct debit and Paypal are totally different

Paypal is an american company (we are in Australia) If I paid for an expensive card through direct deposit and someone tried to rip me off, I would take it further than a negative feedback. just my thoughts :)

To say that "Sending via a gift is prodomitly the same but easier" is just naive IMO

I dont want to start an arguement or anything here.. But how is sending VIA Direct Debit any different? Still get no protection... after all this isnt ebay..

Sending via a gift is prodomitly the same but easier... so are you saying you should only use paypal (Purchase) for all new users?

I have to agree....when I do deals I recommend the use of the "Gift" option to buyers on OCT (as well as other payment methods) as it allows me to reduce prices.

In this case I think the Thread Title may be too harsh as Graham's post is not suggesting a blanket ban on the use of this payment method.

I think that this is once again a timely reminder that you take a risk with any deal....it should however be remembered that if the deal is done through OCT, then there is generally a higher degree of security.

---------- Post added 03-01-2010 at 12:42 PM ----------

Direct debit and Paypal are totally different

Paypal is an american company (we are in Australia) If I paid for an expensive card through direct deposit and someone tried to rip me off, I would take it further than a negative feedback. just my thoughts :)

To say that "Sending via a gift is prodomitly the same but easier" is just naive IMO

How would you take it further?

I have a deal atm with a member and he has been banned and i sent the paypal as a gift. his name is payney85

I think what Graham is getting at is that use the gift option on your own accord but it shouldn't be demanded. If you request payment via Paypal be prepared to pay the fees otherwise request payment via DD

Comes down to common sense if you ask me. I won't hesitate to send as a gift to high feedback members, long term members and members I have dealt with before. Saying you won't send as a gift to anyone is the naive thing IMO. And it's also plain rude! Of course your a clown if you send to a known problem member or someone that has been around for 2 seconds.

You will not be able to file a claim if you send as Gift or Payment Owed. I NEVER do it unless I personally know the person or have dealt with them before.

usually if someone has more feedback then me then i dont have problem covering the fee plus you can always just send a little more to cover the fee as well.

when i was dealing with the now banned GMB#8 he always said to me pay as a gift in the end i didnt but just letting people know.

when i was dealing with the now banned GMB#8 he always said to me pay as a gift in the end i didnt but just letting people know.

good to see he got banned, in a trade it took nearly 3 weeks for him to send the card...

DO NOT, and I repeat - DO NOT send paypal payments as gifts to traders you do not know or trust.

You have absolutely ZERO recourse in the event of a problem.

It has come to my attention that a member here specified to a newbie that a gift payment was required otherwise the deal would not happen. That member then sent a damaged card knowing full well the buyer had nothing to go back on.

If any members specify PayPal gift payment as the only option, please be sure to let us know so we can take care of it.

Thanks
Graham

Yes don't do it very disappointed :(
thanks for ur help and advise Graham

Comes down to common sense if you ask me. I won't hesitate to send as a gift to high feedback members, long term members and members I have dealt with before. Saying you won't send as a gift to anyone is the naive thing IMO. And it's also plain rude! Of course your a clown if you send to a known problem member or someone that has been around for 2 seconds.

Yup I agree with you there (underlined) :)
I have requested payments sent as a gift but I NEVER say it is the only option.

As Graham has stated this is more directed towards people making gift payments to NEW members or members they have not built a TRUST with (yet).

I am still happy to send payments to people as a gift as long as I know & trust them :thumbsup:

I have a deal atm with a member and he has been banned and i sent the paypal as a gift. his name is payney85

Hi, just letting everyone know that I had a deal with payney85 as well and paid paypal as a gift. The deal was made on the 12 of Dec and I still havn't received my cards. I have dealt with payney85 before and I had no problems. Now that he is banned, I don't think I will see my cards or get my money back somehow. Thanks for the advise. I won't be doing that again.

Kind regards Ellen Kerr

Hi everyone, it seems that fate can be kind when your nice to people. Just 2 mins ago, I sent a email to Payney85 requesting info about the cards. I was very diplomatic. A minute after the parcel delivery man droped off the cards. I guess it was the postie strike that affected delivery. I do feel like a goose now, sorry everyone.

My items arrived today from payney85 and i paid him as a gift.
I think your items will arrive soon.

---------- Post added 04-01-2010 at 05:40 PM ----------

Or they will arrive any second:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom