Do NBA inserts go up in value?

Monsterdevik

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Wilson
eBay User
monsterdevik
Hi Guys,
Recently got into the hobby. Was just wondering do card inserts ever go up in value much? If so, in what scenarios? For instance, I got some Donruss the rookies/marvels/crunch time inserts, not sure if the value decreases or increases over time.
Thanks!

In general they will decrease as the appeal to collectors is getting a card they don’t have, so as time goes by the demand drops, and as they aren’t high end cards their value diminishes quickly. So if you have inserts or numbered you want to sell, or rookie cards from lower end like Donruss or Hoops, sell quickly. Prizm and high end products can be better to hold Rookies, Case Hits etc to see if the player turns into something or goes on a hot streak and their prices sky rocket.

Thanks for the information! Pulled a Donruss Tyrese Haliburton Auto numbered parallel, sounds like I should sell while it's hot!
Podcast sounds awesome. Look forward to listening to some.

Thanks for the information! Pulled a Donruss Tyrese Haliburton Auto numbered parallel, sounds like I should sell while it's hot!
Podcast sounds awesome. Look forward to listening to some.

I agree with Iron Clad.

Unless it's really a crazy $ amount, I would hold. He looks the goods. They may give him a lot more run late in the season.

If you sold what would you get with the the money?

Makes sense. Thanks for input!
“If” I sold, I was thinking probably get a slabbed luka optic or rj Barrett prizm/optic and then use leftover cash to get another box.

What's the value do you think?

Also, in regards to inserts, the only guys I'd be buying would be Bron, Luka, Steph.

I've been watching the Bron Hoops High Voltage and even a Bron PSA 9 is down to about $70.

Inserts just aint where they used to be as Autos, Golds, Galactics etc have taken over.

Still some winners in there.

But collect what you like. If you see long term upside go for it.

What's the value do you think?

Also, in regards to inserts, the only guys I'd be buying would be Bron, Luka, Steph.

I've been watching the Bron Hoops High Voltage and even a Bron PSA 9 is down to about $70.

Inserts just aint where they used to be as Autos, Golds, Galactics etc have taken over.

Still some winners in there.

But collect what you like. If you see long term upside go for it.
Only one sold on eBay for around $2150.
Yeah I can see he has a lot of potential. He seems to be a bit underrated atm too.

Haha yeah that’s why I’m contemplating hard.
3767C9E3-90EB-4509-B5CF-CB392544AFDD.jpeg

I am keen on getting a collection of 9's

Got my Luka for ~$675 and have sent 100+ away for grading so hoping some 9's return.

I like the value of psa 9's and BGS 9's without subs

Yes agree Haliburton has a bit about him and low numbered RC Auto can go big. Depends on your cash situation, if you sell and get money you are happy with, don’t have regrets later if it sells for more, everyone Has had that happen at some point. If keeping then you need to keep until next season to give him a chance to develop, so might be worth grading as it will be out of your hands for 10 months and you can’t be tempted to sell!

Yes agree Haliburton has a bit about him and low numbered RC Auto can go big. Depends on your cash situation, if you sell and get money you are happy with, don’t have regrets later if it sells for more, everyone Has had that happen at some point. If keeping then you need to keep until next season to give him a chance to develop, so might be worth grading as it will be out of your hands for 10 months and you can’t be tempted to sell!
that also sounds like a brilliant. will consider :)

Sell while there is hype.

How many players in the last 20 years have managed to maintain let alone increase their peak values from when they are rookies? LeBron? Even Durant and Curry had troughs between their rookie years and when they became superstars. Maybe Davis? (Wasn’t in the hobby his early years).

Invariably players come in with lots of hype as the shiny new thing then when they prove just to be good their value plummets. Look at Nunn last year, dunno what Herro cards are doing but bet they are off peak value from playoff time.

There is even a Williamson RC posted on here for $15 that has been there for days with no buyers. A few months ago that could have been $50 and sold in hours if not minutes - and he has been better in year 2 than I thought he would.

Now, your card is obviously a much different class to a basic Hoops RC. However, I think the overall point remains. The current rookies are the shiny new things of collecting. Halliburton could be a great player for 20 years but even if he is odds are his cards are still not going to be worth more than they are now because next year there will be another shiny new crop of rookies and they will get the attention and the $.

Back
Top Bottom