Displaying cards...

Trey

David Robinson Collector
Real Name
Marty
eBay User
admiral5071
we had a topic about this at the old forum, and some members showed off their display cabinets...
I made the trip to Ikea (fuck me that place is huge) had meself a $1 hot dog, and went cruising for a display case...some nice options, but none of them seemed perfect!

I remember seeing someones here, they said they got it from ikea, it had a light, plenty of shelves to fit plenty of cards, and they left the bottom shelf for a larger item...

I saw one that looked like it, though it was wall mounted, and it didnt have the light.

What Im after, is something that has the light, glass shelves, enough room to fit some DRob Magazines in the background (or starting lineup figures) while the cards will sit on little stands, I was planning on using the larger bottom shelf for either my 2 folders with all the rest of the DRobs, or for one of those spurs basketballs you can get for 20 bucks at Rebel.

I have these little stands that were for medals that stand the cards up nicely, but I only have a limited number, so I may need to find more...

And how much do screwdowns go for? I hate em, but now Ive got those equisites in screwdowns already, id like to keep the uniform appearance, and figure its easier to get more screwdowns then it is finding toploaders that will fit an equisite...

I do have one option, and that begging my brother to make one, he's heaps handy like that, but he's a busy guy....

yeh just make one out of glass or even some good perspex offcuts..
u might remember a simple one i made for my bookshelf..
that was a very easy one

you can make a cabinet and save yourself some good money..buy an adjustable halogen(spelling) downlight and put that in (doesnt need wires or soldering)..
display cabinets are good fun to make .. have fun

Like this?

No lighting as its full of vintagae stuff now mainly. It changed a lot since these pics. I've also got another 50+ card stands coming in this week so it will hold less but look alot better with most of them on stands.

Now my Havlicek collection is in it. 1950's etc top shelf, Second shelf vintage rcs and high end vintage (1969 topps Chamberlain psa, Russell 61 fleer etc) and some of my other premium stuff mainly autos, star co, rc's and some gu too.

cardcabinet1.jpg

cardcabinet2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom