Did you accept PayPal Policy updates? -eMail!

Hennessy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hendra Barnes
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any of you have received this message from PayPal. This e-mail is practically a reminder to accept the Product Disclosure Statement and if you don't, your PayPal account will be limited and you will no longer able to receive or send payments.

Now, as far as I know, scam messages by PayPal or eBay doesn't introduce you by your first name, rather by your username. This e-mail however, introduced me with my first & last name, which as far as I know, is one of the first sign to know that this isn't a scam e-mail.

The thing is, I don't remember PayPal sending me an e-mail about the acceptance of the Product Disclosure Statement nor can I find it anywhere in my inbox or junk mail.

Can you valuable forum members contribute and help me out with this situation as I don't really want my PayPal account to become limited as I've got a few payments to make. [-X

Cheers!

If it directly addresses you, I'd say it's o.k. From what I can see in your message, I think they want you to go to the website and complete a sign-up process or something like that.
Never reply to an email like that anyway.
What I would do is, open up a new browser, then go dierectly to the paypal site and your account. Then see what needs to be done in your account.

as long as you do not have to give your password when you click the link then it wont be a scam..
goto paypal.com.au, and see if the message is in there..
if its not then its a scam

henkita217 said:
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any of you have received this message from PayPal. This e-mail is practically a reminder to accept the Product Disclosure Statement and if you don't, your PayPal account will be limited and you will no longer able to receive or send payments.

Now, as far as I know, scam messages by PayPal or eBay doesn't introduce you by your first name, rather by your username. This e-mail however, introduced me with my first & last name, which as far as I know, is one of the first sign to know that this isn't a scam e-mail.

The thing is, I don't remember PayPal sending me an e-mail about the acceptance of the Product Disclosure Statement nor can I find it anywhere in my inbox or junk mail.

Can you valuable forum members contribute and help me out with this situation as I don't really want my PayPal account to become limited as I've got a few payments to make. [-X

Cheers!

That email's a FRAUD mate.
Delete and forget about it!
If PayPal had something for you to accept, you'd know about it when you made a payments, they wouldnt send you emails like that.

As for how the email was addressed to you, you'll find there are MANY ways in which these scam, spoofed, etc emails will come in, and address you.

They do their research, find out details on the servers, relating to Domains, and can send emails mentioning someting to do with your Domain, trying to get your attention, and reply or worse, activate a weblink in their email, possibly leading to Viruses, or worse, receiving personal information.

Hope it helps...

S

I also received and e-mail from Paypal.

I dont think it was a scam e-mail, it was actually from paypal. I opened the link and it went to a direct paypal site, and scam e-mails usually redirect u to another site which has the same layout as the original page but with a different URL.

To doublecheck I opened my paypal account and there was a link to click saying to accept the paypal policy updates.

I dont think it is a problem. :)

Never hurts to check though.
Hopw that helps.

I could be wrong then... no biggie.

But I just went to log into www.paypal.com.au and once I logged in, it came up with this:
You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error is often the result of using bookmarks. To enter the PayPal website, please click on Welcome.
If you are already logged in, please click on My Account to continue.

I opened a new browser and typed it in "www.paypal.com.au" and it goes to "www.paypal.com/au". Next step, is delete my cookies.

Another Update...

So I rang PayPal, and got someone I couldnt understand, but any how, they basically told me that they (PayPal) have made changes to their site(s), and also, for some reason, (hope others are the same and not just me), but I make all payments via Credit Card (or balance transfers), and they've reset my limit.....? WTF....

I was forced to add a bank account to allow direct deposit payments, which ok, it's another source, but I was happy the way things were.

Anyways, the whole verification process of setting up bank accounts takes 3-4 days. They deposit a small amount into my account (only cents), I then need to log in, and confirm these amounts. THEN, the limits on my payments and accounts gets waived.

So now I've had to email my sellers to let them know about my situation, that in effect, my account is inactive until I can confirm their deposits. What a cunt of a fucking way to run things.... NOT HAPPY!!!

Has anyone else had this problem or been in this situation?

Yeah, only when I was using Paypal and then had to become verified.

Yeah, I had the same message when I logged in too, but I actually have the US site bookmarked, and not the Oz site, so not sure why I should get that message.

Its not a scam. But it is the ATO's way of keeping a better track on things down under. So be very careful if you are making coin from the card business, you may wish to consider alternate payment options. In any case, it is much safer to spend your paypal balance rather than transferring it to your Aussie bank a/c (in terms of taxation). Im still waiting for my verification - SIGH!

But it is the ATO's way of keeping a better track on things down under. So be very careful if you are making coin from the card business, you may wish to consider alternate payment options.

They may keep track better...but I don't think there's not much they can do as long as you're not a registered business...because what the majority of us do is considered a hobby. And our Aussie Poker champ Joe Hachem proved that it doesn't matter how much you earn (ie.$10 million!!)....if it's a hobby there's nothing they can do.

Allstar cards inc said:
They may keep track better...but I don't think there's not much they can do as long as you're not a registered business...because what the majority of us do is considered a hobby. And our Aussie Poker champ Joe Hachem proved that it doesn't matter how much you earn (ie.$10 million!!)....if it's a hobby there's nothing they can do.

Or just prove that you spend more than you earn (ie make a loss), if they treat it as a business.

Back
Top Bottom