Demons 5th Straight

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
DEMONS 136 V Hawks 61 Sorry AJ

Thought id start a thread to pump up the boys for a blockbuster clash next week against the WC Eagles ;)
heres a few points.
* A beautiful sight of 40,000 giving Neita a standing ovation after he kicked his 3rd and surpassing the great Norm Smith as the demons higgest goal kicker of all-time, just one of many records Neitz will break befour he retires. Couldnt of come at a better time with his testimonial tommorrow. 6 Goals GREAT EFFORT
* BROCK MCLEAN, You are an absolute SUPERSTAR :D If you watched the game you would of witnessed the greatness of this boy in just his 3rd season. His evasive skills, tackling, pick ups, skills, run and footy brain are superier than many players in the AFL.
* Tackling - 1st in the AFL and showed tonight we arent intimidated at physical teams like Hawthorne. Embarrased them so bad especially Cambell Brown.
*Jamar - Looks to hold his spot in our best 22. He is a massive unit and in the last few weeks has prooven to be a good foward and a great 2nd ruckmen. Very strong hands, those 2 marks in the last and his near speccy shows his leaping ability and strengh.
*Dunn - Another foward, only played 3 games and has beat all his opponents and provided a spark for us.
*Backline, our achellias heel in past years actually looks quite potent this year. Carroll, Rivers, Whelan (one of the most under-rated players in the afl and jmac could be thrown in this catorgry) Bell... Held the Hawks to a score of 61 and they didnt even score in the last qter.
* Bryon Pickett - Its amazing how much of a difference one recruit can make, he said himself he has 3-4 years left and that would be great for the club if he plays to the form he is at the moment. He has hardened the whole team up even Yze and Bruce and wins everything.

I couldnt be happier a team that was down 0-3 and now are 5-3 and have all the confidence in the world. I am so looking foward to giving the eagles their 2nd loss of the season :)
i leave you all with a funny pick of brock with his dad an uncle :shock:

brocky.jpg

brocky.jpg

haha good to see the Demons going well. Completely destroyed the Hawks in the 2nd half. Hawks discipline was very ordinary. Bateman had aboout 5 clangers in 1 and 1/2 quarters lol.

Good on Neitza and Brocky is the man!!!

MetallicA' said:
i thought id add ;)
if your an AFL fan, than you must see Yze's hit on Brown in the first Qter, HOLY SH*T, was just as big as the Kossi hit.

heres the man Pickett aswell :lol:

Pickett.jpg

No it wasn't, cos Brown bounced right back up :p

Magicman said:
haha good to see the Demons going well. Completely destroyed the Hawks in the 2nd half. Hawks discipline was very ordinary. Bateman had aboout 5 clangers in 1 and 1/2 quarters lol.

Good on Neitza and Brocky is the man!!!

Yup Hawthorn's discipline was pathetic. They let some tiggy touchwood free kicks and 50m penalties (none of which, if you ask me were deserved, else umpiring consistency should have seen at least one 50m penalty awarded to Hawthorn for similar infringements) get to them.

Goldspink had it in for Hawthorn, letting Dees get away with tiggy touchwood stuff, but not the Hawks. I don't ask much from umpires, just consistency. If they gonna be strict be strict on everyone.

That said Hawthorn would have still lost, Melbourne are on fire. However the margin may have been four goals less with some umpiring consistency.

MetallicA' said:
i thought id add ;)
if your an AFL fan, than you must see Yze's hit on Brown in the first Qter, HOLY SH*T, was just as big as the Kossi hit.

heres the man Pickett aswell :lol:

Pickett.jpg

Are you on drugs??? just as big ???? rofl brown bounced back to his feet instantaniously (might be the first bump Yze has ever laid), kosi spent the week in hospital with a fractured skull.....the best hit of the year has been Luke Hodge last week against brisbane.

Well personally i thought it was a massive hit. I said JUST as BIG not a bigger hit :rolleyes: Brown is a tougher player than an injury proned ruckmen!

AJ 24-18 Free kicks is preety even in my eye. Not many seem to think many of those frees werent frees. Hawthorne were just un-discipline and Brown was the main culprit. Melbourne were tougher and smarter.

MetallicA' said:

I couldnt be happier a team that was down 0-3 and now are 5-3 and have all the confidence in the world. I am so looking foward to giving the eagles their 2nd loss of the season :)

That game is in Perth so it WILL be a BIG ASK M !!!

Richo said:
That game is in Perth so it WILL be a BIG ASK M !!!

well freo beat em and the pies almost did too, a team like melbourne in the form they are in full of confidence could easily get the W in perth.

Very true, West Coast certainly don't seem invincible at the moment and Melbourne actually have a good record at Subiaco (Compared to most) so it certainly isn't out of the question. I will have a few $$$ on Melbourne just in case (I always do) ;)

Well done to the demons on a great win and Neita for achieving his feat lastnite. :D
Again it will be upto the mighty WEST COAST EAGLES to deliver a much needed reality check to more over excited victorians. I look forward to a report from you on next weeks game Dees game Jon ;)

MetallicA' said:
LOL Justin. we will see :cool:
#1 Tackling side in the comp. :D wc and the dees both have an awesome foward line and midfielders. WIll be a great game to watch.

True that....i cant wait for the match...should be an absolute ripper=P~ .

The dees look very good at the moment and most of their stars are firing...especially Travis Johnstone...31possies, 2 goals, 8 tackles and 9 marks. I am glad he is in my dream team:D .

And lastly....how good is the presence of Pickett. People are looking over their shoulders when he is around. Not only that he is lifting the rest of the team....like Jon has mentioned #1 tackling team in the comp...you cant get any better than that!!!

You will see Jon and Ben!! :)

DVS said:
like Jon has mentioned #1 tackling team in the comp...you cant get any better than that!!!

did I mention the MIGHTY EAGLES are the #1 team in the comp? :p

Back
Top Bottom