COMC Mailbox Thread

Hey guys, just wondering is there a way to buy cards and have them added to what I already have rather than send out the purchased one's? No know what I mean right? @Moe@COMC you would know if the others guys don't :)
Hi mate, everything you add to your account via purchases or mailbox submissions will sit there until you request a shipment, wherein you can add/remove items as you please. Sorry if that isn't the answer! :D

Hello guys! I had a slight drama come up this morning and am seeking advice. Apologies in advance for the long read!

So this morning I get an email from Moe stating that a delivery addressed to my mailbox was received damaged and empty, along with photos detailing the condition of the mailer (there is a clear opening cut through one side). Of course this particular package is for a high value card ($350) :rolleyes: but the US based seller seems very reputable. I contact the seller outlining the details and open an item not received case. His response indicates he is of the belief that COMC is responsible for the missing card. I then get notification that the seller has opened a case with the resolution centre and an ebay representative then emails me saying I will need to file a police incident report with the in order to pursue my refund request. Obviously this will prove difficult as I'm in Melbourne Australia and would not know who to contact in the States to file a report.

Furthermore, my understanding is that while the package was shipped with signature confirmation, the delivery was rejected at the COMC's end and no signature provided. However, photographic evidence was taken of the damaged and empty package which I have forwarded to the seller.

According to the items tracking information a successful delivery has not been completed and as such would it not the onus be on the sender and/or USPS to file an incident report with the local authorities in regards to this possible case of mail theft?

I'm awaiting further details from Moe & eBay but would greatly appreciate any advice especially from those of you who have had similar experiences with missing COMC mailbox submissions. Thanks!

Sounds like a tough scenario. You'd have to think that no signature for receipt means that feebay would rule in your favour, however as we've all seen in the past, they normally side with whoever seems to have the best relationship with them.
I hope the best for you and it should be in your favour if all these facts check out.

can i ask why this keeps happening to me....... i have card shipped to comc in brand nes magnetic as it is shown in pic and when it get to my inventory it is in a top loader?? is has happend to me 3 times this month!!

It doesn't just happen to you, we do it to the nearly all of the Mailbox cards that come in; it's done for scanning purposes. The majority of one-touches that come in are in poor shape and the scans aren't very good, so we have to remove the cards and put them within new toploaders. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It doesn't just happen to you, we do it to the nearly all of the Mailbox cards that come in; it's done for scanning purposes. The majority of one-touches that come in are in poor shape and the scans aren't very good, so we have to remove the cards and put them within new toploaders. Sorry for the inconvenience.
but to me that pic looks really good from that magnetic?? i had a card last week that was in a screw down card holder with scratches on it and it was never removed from that?,..

Hi,

I asked for clarification and this is what I got - straight from the processing handbook:
· If a card arrives in a toploader (or one touch), that toploader may be used for that card if it is or can be clean. Clean is defined as free of any marks that would incorrectly represent the card as in worse condition than it is. Excessive scratches or tape residue are examples of such marks.
· If a card arrives in a toploader that is unusable, the toploader should be replaced. Unusable magnetic touch cases and screwdowns should be replaced with toploaders.

There it is...COMC policy.

Hi,

I asked for clarification and this is what I got - straight from the processing handbook:
· If a card arrives in a toploader (or one touch), that toploader may be used for that card if it is or can be clean. Clean is defined as free of any marks that would incorrectly represent the card as in worse condition than it is. Excessive scratches or tape residue are examples of such marks.
· If a card arrives in a toploader that is unusable, the toploader should be replaced. Unusable magnetic touch cases and screwdowns should be replaced with toploaders.

There it is...COMC policy.
ok but that still does not explain why in the pictures shown that all my good magnetics have been taken and the worst ones which have scratched ones still remain, im not trying to be a pain but from what ive seen is that the better the magnetics of mine have been taken and the ones in alot worse condition or the ones in screw downs remain.......

I get your frustration with this, but this is all I've been given by the processing team. I wish I had a better answer for you. If you have some examples of the "worst ones" (card ID numbers, etc) I can forward them on and see if I can get any word on them for you.

I get your frustration with this, but this is all I've been given by the processing team. I wish I had a better answer for you. If you have some examples of the "worst ones" (card ID numbers, etc) I can forward them on and see if I can get any word on them for you.
here are a few that were kept in top loaders (which all happen to be scratched and a screw down and the ones that are now gone (brand new) are whos nos were
Vernon-Maxwell.jpg
Vince-Carter.jpg
Dwyane-Wade.jpg
i no this might sound petty but it seem to me neally all my new magnetics get taken away and the ones that are scratched seem to stay . Its seems a little back to front to me and a concern that these new one just get thrown and and i then have to pay extea to get them put back in top loaders. Agian not trying to to a pain but i feel that something should be done about this....... just out of curiosity what happens to all the good magnetics?

The cards are kept in the "good" magnetics and stored in the warehouse that way. The holders that aren't usable are recycled, since we can't use them.

And, just to play devil's advocate here...we've seen several instances where an eBay seller tells the card buyer that the card is being shipped in a new one-touch, but once the seller sees it's going to the COMC Mailbox, they'll swap out the new one-touch for one that's a little more "used", thinking that the card buyer won't notice it. Unfortunately, there are some people out there like that.

I'm just saying that you may be told you're getting a new one-touch, but that's not necessarily the reality when the card arrives here. It doesn't happen a lot, but it's happened.

And, in the meantime, I'll bring this to the attention of the Mailbox team.

Hey @Moe@COMC one of my cards was processed today and had a rather interesting description. Has this not been processed properly?

Username is vivo87 :thumbsup:

upload_2014-10-29_21-41-7.png

Hey, this is something new to help our processing team handle the copious amounts of Mailbox submissions we've been receiving lately - all cards received via the Mailbox are marked "Mailbox Submission", since the majority of them are being shipped out without ever being made available for sale. If you want the card to be identified, then you have to submit a correction request.

I had heard this was going to happen...I just wish they had given me a little notice so we could have made an announcement or something. Sorry for the confusion.

Hey, this is something new to help our processing team handle the copious amounts of Mailbox submissions we've been receiving lately - all cards received via the Mailbox are marked "Mailbox Submission", since the majority of them are being shipped out without ever being made available for sale. If you want the card to be identified, then you have to submit a correction request.

I had heard this was going to happen...I just wish they had given me a little notice so we could have made an announcement or something. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi @Moe@COMC . Will this correction request come at a cost?

I hope that is not the case since we have already been charged the processing fee.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom