Circumvention of eBay

Alistair

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Alistair
I've received an offer on a recently-listed set of cards. Since it's quite a high value item, I don't want to go through eBay and be slugged a few hundred in fees. The seller is happy to be invoiced via PayPal and has several hundred positive records @ 100% feedback.

Is there any way I can get screwed on this? I know PayPal nearly always favours the buyer in disputes. Am I ok by sending an invoice for "goods" and once the money clears into my bank account, shipping the cards insured and registered with a tracking number that needs to be signed for upon delivery?

I'm certain this guy is fine, but I need to cover myself. Anyone had experience in this? Thanks.

I've received an offer on a recently-listed set of cards. Since it's quite a high value item, I don't want to go through eBay and be slugged a few hundred in fees. The seller is happy to be invoiced via PayPal and has several hundred positive records @ 100% feedback.

Is there any way I can get screwed on this? I know PayPal nearly always favours the buyer in disputes. Am I ok by sending an invoice for "goods" and once the money clears into my bank account, shipping the cards insured and registered with a tracking number that needs to be signed for upon delivery?

I'm certain this guy is fine, but I need to cover myself. Anyone had experience in this? Thanks.

Yeah, the protection offered by Paypal has nothing to do with it being done through eBay, it is a paypal claim. So the buyers could make the same 'not received' or 'not as described' claims that they can through eBay.

As long as you send using a method with FULL tracking and signature on delivery, you can't get a 'not received' claim, but there are still other 'possible' scams that buyers try on!

Back
Top Bottom