Charles Barkley Mail - Inserts/GUs and Auto - Update 03/09/2013

alex_mkd2000

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Alex
Hello OZCT,
As some of you may know, I've been collecting Charles Barkley cards on and off for many years.
I was looking through my collection a few months ago and thought it looked a bit bland, so I thought add a little kick to it.
The following are cards that I have acquired over the last 2 months or so, I've received a lot more but couldn't be bothered scanning them all, when I can i will update the thread. Also, have a lot more incoming, so ill update as they come in.

inserts2.jpg

The Bowmans are both atomic refractors. The oversized Star card is in almost perfect condition.

inserts3.jpg

The Ultras are the Platinum medallions, the SPX are the lowest #ed in the set, apart from the 1/1.
The Moses/Barkley is a 1983-84 Nike Poster sample card, It's in excellent condition for its age. It was used as a sample is sports/collectable stores, if someone liked the look of it they could order a full size poster.

inserts1.jpg

Some 80s Star cards, Big men on court standard and z-peat and some other nice 90s inserts.

gu-au.jpg

Flair Showcase legacy #ed /100, Heart and Soul #ed /100, Flair Dynasty dual Jersey w/ Iverson, SPx Dual Jersey 2 color.
The Topps Stars Auto is apparently a buyback from Scoreboard, it has a embossed Scoreboard Authentic Autograph on it. Im not to sure if its 100% legit but I don't mind either way, it cost me almost nothing.
The Fleer Hawaii Game Worn Patch is an absolute beauty, #ed /34!

Scan0006.jpg

Fleer Fresh Ink, barkley autos are pretty rare so i was pretty stoked when I got this one. Thanks heaps to board member ElkyJnr for helping me acquire this card.

I'd also like to thank pmitch_82, for helping me acquire alot of sweet 90s inserts.

If anyone has any Charles Barkley cards that they would like to sell/trade please PM me.

Alot of the cards in the scans look in worse condition than they actually are, I think its from the scanner.

Thanks for looking guys, hope you enjoy!

Alex

Awesome pickups the score board auto i would say is fake there has been a huge increase lately on ebay of scoreboard autos and all are fake.

Yeah thought it might be, had the faintest hope it might be legit because of the embossed scoreboard auto logo on the card.
Like I said not to worried, the seller didn't claim it as legit, he said he wasn't sure. I got that card, the 4 Star cards pictured and 6-7 other inserts i needed for $50 delivered, so still well worth it.

Thanks for looking everyone.

Barkley autos are rare as Hen's teeth! How many auto cards does he have available? Aweome pickup!

Thanks for the comments guys, I've got a lot more nice cards coming in so ill update as they arrive.

skip20 - His only got about 12 Auto cards listed on my beckett checklist, but that includes a ted williams, sportskings and some post fleer bankruptcy cards. I think only about 6-8 official release ones.

If anyone has any nice barkleys please PM me!

Thanks for looking.

Yeah your right KB, because he has so few auto cards they go for a premium.
I actually got a pretty go price on it.
One recently sold for $540 i think, which is an absolute bargain, but the seller was from the Philippines and 0 feedback, so a little risky.

A little apdate guys, a couple nice cards, nothing to over the top though. The ones worth bragging about are on the way!
Excuse the quality, they are off the iphone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371444258.569625.jpg

Upper Deck great eight #ed /800
2 x finest gold refractors
Bowmans Best Atomic Refractor
Stadium Club Luminiscent(sp?)
Upper Deck Wild Level 2 #ed /100

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371444278.870501.jpg

Star XRC BGS 9
Fleer RC BGS 9.5 with a 10
2 x flair showcase legacies #ed /100

Alot more incoming, will update again once they arrive.

Enjoy!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371443777.593618.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371444099.352237.jpg

New update guys, its been a while but I think its worth the wait.

uploadfromtaptalk1378190260637.jpg

All cards above #ed 150 or less.

uploadfromtaptalk1378190381383.jpg

Top row numbered to #ed 100 or less.
Apex Extra #ed to 50
Flair showcase legacy #ed to 20
Gold Label #ed to 25

uploadfromtaptalk1378190531155.jpg

Single and dual game used ball.
Proven performers #ed 75/75
Hardwood jersey #ed to 99
Hardwood jersey plus patch #ed 1/34

uploadfromtaptalk1378190760338.jpg

Last but not least, these beauties.

Excuse the poor picture quality, enjoy!

uploadfromtaptalk1378190260637.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378190381383.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378190531155.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378190760338.jpg

Congrats! That's a very productive two months worth! There was a rumour last year that Brian Gray was in talks with Barkley to sign for Leaf - fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom