Celtics Youngsters! lol

Its definitely true about Celtics collectors paying more. As soon as Walker got traded back to the Celtics his prices for cards in Celtics uniform shot up double what they were selling for within a few weeks.

I think Big Al has alot of potential, I picked up a few of his RCs and I think in a few years it will be worth it.

Of course I was fuming when Ainge got Walker back for half a season, they had nearly the best record in the East for that half then traded him at the end of the season but I think they should have held onto Joe Johnson and of course Billups back in the day.

this is a bit off the topic, but i think that if afl footy cards where popular to collect and had a price & grading structure similar to Beckett then you would find clubs like Collingwood, Essendon & Carlton (i am only using Vic clubs as the example) their players rookie cards would be expensive also regardless where they where picked up in the draft. The more supporters the club has the more demand there will be for rookie cards so therefore the card price will be higher than that of a rookie player with similar or a little better ability at a club with a smaller supporter base such as the Kangaroos. So the way i see it is popular teams in the NBA such as the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls & Knicks there rookies will generally see higher prices regardless if the player turns out to be average or a star cause these teams have a big supporter base.

I totally agree with chadjaja®.
Celtics RC stuff sells high comparing to other RCs, because people who collects them has $$$!
Most of my Big AL, West, Perkins RCs was bought by Secote on Ebay. He and several other bidders are the reason why their stuff sells high.
Secote is not from MA, but people in MA has a lot of money to spend/playing. I have been in show in MA several times, and you will be suprised how high dealers are putting on Celtics stuff, but they sell!
It's just simply demands. People who like Celtics has $$$. Stats doesn't tell you how good their cards sell. People invest in RCs. That is just that simple.

andrew3134 said:
this is a bit off the topic, but i think that if afl footy cards where popular to collect and had a price & grading structure similar to Beckett then you would find clubs like Collingwood, Essendon & Carlton (i am only using Vic clubs as the example) their players rookie cards would be expensive also regardless where they where picked up in the draft. The more supporters the club has the more demand there will be for rookie cards so therefore the card price will be higher than that of a rookie player with similar or a little better ability at a club with a smaller supporter base such as the Kangaroos. So the way i see it is popular teams in the NBA such as the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls & Knicks there rookies will generally see higher prices regardless if the player turns out to be average or a star cause these teams have a big supporter base.
I totally agree, thats a great way to put it. As an Essendon fan i find it hard and expensive to buy the auto rc from each year as they seem to sell high.

Back
Top Bottom