Case card additions

BLOWN8

Such is life!
Real Name
Darren
eBay User
dazza_1563
This week I was lucky enough to get my hands on Kelvin Moore and Leigh Matthews 300 game case cards. So now my Hawks case card set is finally up to date again. The Matthews is quite difficult to get so when I put a wanted post up it was more out of hope than anything else. Thanks heaps to @ElijahCraigHyde for helping me out with that one.
Now just to wait for Russell Greene and Sam Mitchell cards so I can extend the collection. Am happy if the Greene has him in both Saints and Hawks colours similar to the Salmon card as long as when they release a Mitchell card he's not in Eagles colours, that would make me sick! Still find it weird Burgoyne isn't in both colours as he did play in a premiership and 157 games for Port.

IMG_2972.JPG

Last edited:
Now come on mate, Sammy in blue and gold looks quite resplendent and would clearly enhance any future case card ;)

Seriously, that's a great looking set - especially since Select have pretty much kept the design consistent. Nicely done :thumbsup:

Now come on mate, Sammy in blue and gold looks quite resplendent and would clearly enhance any future case card ;)

Seriously, that's a great looking set - especially since Select have pretty much kept the design consistent. Nicely done :thumbsup:

He doesn't look too out of place in an Eagles guernsey if I'm being honest, just hate the idea of one of my favorite players and all time Hawthorn greats not finishing his career at the Hawks. Still don't know why he couldn't have stayed and moved into a similar coaching role at Hawthorn, why he had to move to do this i have no idea and i just don't feel comfortable with it. But good luck to him, i hope he continues to play the kind of footy I've loved watching over the past 15 years or so, just not against Hawthorn ;)

Superb cards Darren. Now to chase after the Tuck and Lethal Case Card Sigs lol.

Couldn't agree more with everything you said especially regarding Mitch.

Also, is it just me or do the older design seem to look a bit better at least they mark the amount of games played instead of a generic "300" number.

Superb cards Darren. Now to chase after the Tuck and Lethal Case Card Sigs lol.

Couldn't agree more with everything you said especially regarding Mitch.

Also, is it just me or do the older design seem to look a bit better at least they mark the amount of games played instead of a generic "300" number.

Sadly i don't think my budget will ever stretch far enough to be able to get one of the signature case cards.
I like both designs, but also agree they look better with the actual games played once retired. Not sure why they didn't concentrate on all the retired players first and put the exact games, then worry about the others as they started to run out of players who had finished their playing careers.

It seems players are only pictured in the colours they wore for their 300th game, even if they had only been at the club for 2 minutes (Dal Santo).

That is, all except for Salmon as we can see above.

Pretty poor the lack of recognition of players who have played for more than one club, especially those who had the majority at their first.

I'm still waiting for Gordon Coventry and David Cloke. I don't understand why they don't have case cards yet.

I don't understand why there are 3 current players all in this Footy Stars set. As I've said before, why wouldn't they mix it up a little and have at least one older player in the set. They'll have to get to them eventually.

I don't understand why there are 3 current players all in this Footy Stars set. As I've said before, why wouldn't they mix it up a little and have at least one older player in the set. They'll have to get to them eventually.

My guess is they probably save the older players for serious collectors in Series 2. Could leave the more popular/relevant players featured in their more commercial product.

These are great cards, and yours look awesome together.

I haven't got my hands on the David Neitz card yet - partly because he would look sad on his own. Maybe I will look harder if Nathan Jones joins him in the 300 club in a few years.

These are great cards, and yours look awesome together.

I haven't got my hands on the David Neitz card yet - partly because he would look sad on his own. Maybe I will look harder if Nathan Jones joins him in the 300 club in a few years.

I can't believe that a club that's been as strong as the Dees has only one player play 300 plus games. Crazy.

nice collection of hawks 300 game cards, i am chasing a couple myself, namely matthews and langford. i have got 2 crawford signature 300 game cards signed by him, obviously aftermarket, if u r interested and have a spare 300 gamer let me know. oh yeah mitchell is in hawks colours for his 300 game card, luckily, as i couldnt believe that west coast had him on their home page with the brownlow medal wearing a wc guernsey.
the salmon card is unique in a couple of ways, as mentioned in essendon and hawthorn colours, yet burgoyne has played more games for port and not pics of him in port colours, which is good. lol. secondly why does the card have 324 games, when all others have '300', except for tuck which says afl games record. salmon card also says afl games record even though tuck held the record before him and after him?
i hadnt thought of russell greene as a 300 gamer but youre right darren he is a legit 300 gamer so get him in the series 2 set.
i also dont agree with select bringing out a 300 game card or active players, they obviously want to show players that kids can relate to, but it doesnt show the players true career stats and achievements.
something more to think about.............

Back
Top Bottom