Case 2 12-13 National Treasures - BUSTED!

Roydngr

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ray
Screw waiting for the weekend!! Couldn't sleep so I cracked open my second case at like 5am this morning...

Thought I'd bust this case a bit differently; flipping the stack over and working backwards from the printing plates to the autos (first moving the base card to the rear ala Chris @CardsInfinity, if you've been watching his breaks on YT) - just to build up the suspense a little more yeah?? :D

Box 1

Blake Griffin silver base /25
Tristan Thompson 12-13 Crusade base black plate /1
John Starks 12-13 Preferred cyan plate /1
Kobe Anthology
Ty Lawson NBA Trios jersey /99
Tiago Splitter Material Treasures jersey /99
Carmelo Anthony Timeline Custom Names Patch /25 (great patch)
Tobias Harris/Jared Sullinger 11 vs 12 Dual Auto /99
Brandon Jennings NBA Gear Combos Auto redemption /49
Nikola Vucevic RPA /199 :) (but he could've spread his sig out a bit more!)
Jason Kidd Springfield Bound Auto /49 (a simple &elegant looking set)

2154c3548e4c8c051aaa6dd28acc1ef0_zpsdd473a8f.jpg

Nice, at least there was a decent RPA in there...

Box 2

Danny Granger base /99
Ty Lawson 12-13 Certified Black plate /1
Quincy Miller 12-13 Preferred Silhouette Yellow plate /1
Kobe Anthology (hmm wonder if these carry any value? It's an NT exclusive after all... Still prefer it to those evil Anthology packs lol!)
Caron Butler NBA Gear Dual jersey /99
Steve Nash Timeline Team Names jersey /49
Derrick Rose/John Wall Matchups Dual jersey /49 (that's cool, wish it was a prime though)
Marcus Morris/Royce White 11 vs 12 Dual (sticker, to add insult to injury) auto silver /25
Kawhi Leonard/Jeff Taylor 11 vs 12 Dual auto /49
Derrick Williams Group 1 RPA /199 redemption (should be a good looking card with a Minny patch!)
Zach Randolph Timeline Custom Names jersey auto /99
Jason Kidd Gold base /10

dfa6b57e7bb6512547a8d1d150ba9848_zpsb8a1a222.jpg

Two base and three sticker autos?! Not a magnetic worthy card in that box! Bah :p

Box 3 - lucky last; and things better liven up quick as this case is quickly heading to disasterville!!!

DeMar DeRozan base /99
Jae Crowder 12-13 Preferred Cyan Plate /1
Evan Fournier 12-13 Gold Standard Rookies Black plate /1 (Yes! That makes two printing plates from every single box I've opened - that's twelve 1 of 1's!! Panini delivers many mojos for sure!!! *sarcasm, btw*)
Kobe Anthology
Evan Turner NBA Gear Trios jersey /99
Andre Iguodala Timeline Custom Names Jersey /99
Goran Dragic/Beno Udrih Matchups Dual patch /10 (oh dear)
Al Jefferson Colossal Jersey Numbers auto Prime redemption /25
Danilo Gallinari Colossal jersey auto /25
Wow... my RPA has been replaced by none other than Kent f####n Bazemore's no-patch RC auto /99 :( :( :(

So right now I'm feeling very queasy in the pit of my stomach... this is actually going to turn into one of those horror cases that they tell stories about on the internet sportscard forums to scare the kiddies...

I'm literally down to the last card of the last box of my last case...

...keep in mind I've been busting this case back to front so all the cards are facing downward...

I see it's James Harden on the rear...

...but the way this case has gone - I sh*t you not - I stare at it in disgust and don't even want to turn it over thinking it's likely a bloody one colour swatch sticker auto...

Eventually, I slowly turn the card....

Fuuuuu.......

Eh... who am I kidding?? We know where all this drawn-out drivel is headed! Lol :D

8c99d44b7d167ec35caf8098d27a0b78_zpsa0fd720b.jpg

James Harden Colossal NBA LOGOMAN ON-CARD AUTO 2/3!

FEAR THE BEARD (then put him in a one-touch and skip around the room silently for a minute like an excited five year old)!!!

0ab4f91fab5d265fec26d67f3e3b58cd_zpsdf0e1ee4.jpg

Heh, I knew felt a logoman lurking in one of these cases!

So that'll be my first and only logoman pulled this year; could do a lot worse than Harden & am pretty relieved it only took two cases (I wouldn't have stopped until I hit one - I do need serious help for this goddamned cardboard addiction... seriously, I do).

Overall this years NT was an enjoyable break especially @ early preorder cost, not sure if I'd gamble on a case now with the inflated price & the falling exchange rate. I'd grade it as a far superior release to 10-11 NT, though my lone box from that year yielded a Hassan Whiteside RPA, so my opinion may be a tad skewed ;)

But if you enjoy your high end NBA cards in mostly white, riding emotional roller coasters and waiting for redemptions (no, really, I love the surprise of finding a nice card in the mail months after pulling its redemption) - then this is the product for you!!

Thanks for watching and good luck with your breaks guys! Nothing FS/T, I 'd like to enjoy these cards and the memories for a little bit...

:eek:holy crap balls!! that harden is how they should all be on card autos it looks insane mate well done!

NICE breaks buddy. Have to be happy with that. Keen on all your base from both breaks if you want to PM me a price. Cheers

I need a better word than mojo (as it's used too often nowadays), I can't quite think of what that is at the moment. However, whatever that word is, you have it! Great card, awesome bust, thanks for sharing.

.Plates galore some one should make a suit out of all the plates from the ozcards nt breaks.

LOGOMAN is sickkkk i love the card sweet carmelo patch wow the only way to go is a case instead of just one box .

Back
Top Bottom