Can the Cippers become contenders soon?

Andrewceesall

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
andrewceesall
I just watched the highlights from Clippers vs Cavs and I just love watching the Clippers.
Eric Gordan returned for 29 points and 5 assists and Blake had 29, 8 and 8
and that reverse Dunk was amazing 99% of players would have layed that up yet Blake still finds a way to throw it down.
They have a great young list Gordon, Bledsoe, Kaman, etc. and the Beast Griffin

But with such a talented young list will they be able to convert into a successful season and more import a successful finals campaign?

And should they try and pick up another star?

Yer I am a Cavs fan and this match was good. Both teams played hard and LAC have heaps of talent but still a long time untill you can call them condenters. The west is filled with great teams

Griffin is a beast so any team with him has a ceiling to improve to.

Gordon is very underrated, don't know if Kaman is going to stay there, even if he doesn't - DeAndre Jordan is a good young talent.

Very talented team, could easily see them pulling a Memphis and becoming a low playoff seed in a year or two. Contender? Too far to think about. They have no proven winners or veterans to really guide the young guys...

I think Bledsoe and Gordan have the talent to be all-stars one day. Hopefully they can get a better supporting role around them and Griffin. I really like Jordan as well but the guy's really gotta work on his free throw shooting it he's going to be playing big minutes or be around for big end of game situations.

its definitely way too early to be even considering them as contenders, but they arent that far from a decent playoff run. I think they need to pickup a half decent veteran in free agency if for nothing more than to give them a locker-room captain/mentor. It doesnt even have to be a special player, just someone with experience.

As long as Donald Sterling is the owner they will NEVER be a contender.

+1

It will interesting to see how the pieces they have in place (Blake Griffin, Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Bledsoe, Randy Foye, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon, Mo Williams) mesh together in the future.

They've signaled their intentions by dumping the potentially cancerous Baron Davis (as well as a 1st round pick); they intend to compete ASAP.

Blake is already laying the ground work saying he is watching what Sterling does off the court.

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom