Broncos vs Cowboys GF 2016

Didn't look real hungry when they were poleaxed by an ordinary team like the Tigers a few weeks back....
We all no the Broncos can't play day games either look what happened at shark park on a Sunday arvo lol

We all no the Broncos can't play day games either look what happened at shark park on a Sunday arvo lol

You have to look at each game in its relevant context though. Brisbane travel to Shark Park and get absolutely blown of the park in the first half, lots of good tries and a couple of very fortunate bounce of the ball type tries. Second half the possession evens up, Brisbane do the same to Cronulla and go down by 2. The

I still believe that the top 4 are the benchmark. I would include Parramatta in this if they weren't losing 12 points. The dogs are building nicely but like the other teams outside the 4 are very inconsistent. Teams like Canberra, Penrith and The Coast can be anyone on their day and while the Dragons are right in the mix their lack of point scoring ability will sink them I feel.

Agreed. You can't talk about who's winning and losing in origin series. Broncos were down 5 players in their loss to tigers. 5! Sure they lost this week with origin players, who played.
True but the Broncos made it through the Origin Series last year without losing a game with one extra man (Hodges) out/backing up due to Origin. This week could help see how their tracking a home game against the Storm.

They lost by 2 points and came back from 20 points down to almost win? You really have no idea? Katrina

You have to look at each game in its relevant context though. Brisbane travel to Shark Park and get absolutely blown of the park in the first half, lots of good tries and a couple of very fortunate bounce of the ball type tries. Second half the possession evens up, Brisbane do the same to Cronulla and go down by 2. The

I still believe that the top 4 are the benchmark. I would include Parramatta in this if they weren't losing 12 points. The dogs are building nicely but like the other teams outside the 4 are very inconsistent. Teams like Canberra, Penrith and The Coast can be anyone on their day and while the Dragons are right in the mix their lack of point scoring ability will sink them I feel.
I think Brendan is 100% correct. If you were at the game in which i was, Cronulla had 2 first half trys awarded that were pure luck bouncing of players, goal posts etc etc. Angry has no idea, Katrina.

Almost winning isn't winning
This is also very true. Everyone from this forum is passionate about which team they follow, that's normal. Both the Broncos and Penrith supporters must feel like ripping their hair out most weeks considering who many games they have lost by 2 points etc etc. Katrina

I don't think the Broncos have the maturity to win the comp.

Sure, they are extremely talented. But when they need poise, they do not possess this. Meanwhile, teams like Nth Qld and Cronulla and Melbourne possess it in spades.

With 10 weeks to go and 3 weeks of finals and GF to play...I don't think you can really absolutely discount any of the top 10, and even then down to 12.

Dragons, Warriors and Titans...they get the rub of the green, string together some confidence boosting wins, they could all be 5-8 on the table. With nothing to lose, they can go hell for leather. The Tigers are also very dangerous on their day.

Souths, Roosters, Manly and Knights, despite languishing, have all lost close games this year. Souths and Roosters still have the ability to be threats but unlikely. All 4 teams can be utter nuisance value taking valuable 2 points from any of the teams they face in the next 10 weeks. To say otherwise, is absolute folly.

For mine, its a totally open comp. I haven't looked at 10 weeks of match ups but let's face facts: one false start, one slip up, one crucial injury or suspension, one game where you don't respect your opponent might see you slip from 4-8 to 9-10.

It's a close, open, exciting comp. I'm as one eyed as the next person about Souths, and passionate. But NRL 2016 is incredible. Strap yourselves in. I'm expecting the unexpected.

With 10 weeks to go and 3 weeks of finals and GF to play...I don't think you can really absolutely discount any of the top 10, and even then down to 12.

Dragons, Warriors and Titans...they get the rub of the green, string together some confidence boosting wins, they could all be 5-8 on the table. With nothing to lose, they can go hell for leather. The Tigers are also very dangerous on their day.

Souths, Roosters, Manly and Knights, despite languishing, have all lost close games this year. Souths and Roosters still have the ability to be threats but unlikely. All 4 teams can be utter nuisance value taking valuable 2 points from any of the teams they face in the next 10 weeks. To say otherwise, is absolute folly.

For mine, its a totally open comp. I haven't looked at 10 weeks of match ups but let's face facts: one false start, one slip up, one crucial injury or suspension, one game where you don't respect your opponent might see you slip from 4-8 to 9-10.

It's a close, open, exciting comp. I'm as one eyed as the next person about Souths, and passionate. But NRL 2016 is incredible. Strap yourselves in. I'm expecting the unexpected.
Well said

I do have an idea but I'm not a one eyed supporter like you,
I am not one eyed, i just think this is the best the Broncos have looked in almost 10 years. Personally I would love to Parramatta and Canberra do well as these teams have waited a very long time to get back to the glory days. Katrina

Well said

Seconded.

Long suffering Canberra supporter and they know how to lose games they should win. I don't expect the Knights to roll over this week, shown some fight for periods of late.

Bit of rivalry now also with Canberra stealing Tapine & BJ. Knights did take Barnett back ( loads of aggression and runs tough lines) and have another ex raider in Mataora who was beast in 20's and is just starting to mature as a first grader.

Last edited:

Nailed it!

Looking at the draw I think you can safely say the Sharks, Cowboys, Storm, should be the clear top 3 Broncos and Dogs should make the 8 fairly easily, Raiders with their 1 point should get there so leaves Eels, Panthers, Warriors, Titans, Tigers & Dragons battling for the last 2 spots.
28 points should do it and depending on results 26 might snare you 8th. Eels can loose 1 maybe 2 depending on other results, the rest just need to win 50% or better of their remaining matches.

Back
Top Bottom