BEWARE => "good_old_bball" !!! HE CHEATED ME !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that have endured reading every post in the multiple threads...
Most would know ive stood by steve from the beginning.
I could not say he hadnt done something really stupid but i could say that he is not a conman or ripoff merchant.
Now before people think i condone this sort of behavior...ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!
Ive been in contact with steve and given him my full support...however i also stated he need to get this sorted ASAP !!!
He has admitted he is at fault and told me he will get on to it.
I can only hope this is the case.

As graham stated...they cant tolerate this sort of behavior...and i agree
There must be actions taken to support the whole oct community.
I can only hope that (assuming it gets sorted pronto) people remember
What person here can claim to be a complete angel...if you do then odds are you seriously need a rethink.

Granted the deal was higher end but (in my opinion) everyone deserves a second chance.
Remember....this is based on him sorting this nightmare out asap
And
Even then...some form of punishment...eg short term ban of account..loss of feedback etc.

What ever the mods here decide...so be it.
Ill hold no grudges..ultimately he was at fault.

Not sure if this deal was done via this site, maybe Boli can confirm, but both these guys are members of other card sites as well, so for clowns on other sites to have ago about OCT is a bit rich...
Anyway i meet someone over the internet who was not a member here or any other sites, been cautious of giving money away to a stranger($400), i rang Paypal told them ithe story and asked them what is the best way to cover myself just in case he ripped me off, told me to make sure that in the comments box to note down what the money was for etc, i then hung up and rang them again, got a different operator told me the same thing, did the deal that way cards arrived all good, but even if they did not arrive, i was still relaxed knowing that my money was safe....

Your spot on Michael, over the last couple of months I've done the same thing and purchased a few big ticket items overseas through my site and I've always ensured that I mention in detail what the payments were for, even down to the smallest of details in the description box.

It's a good habit to fill in those blank spaces, after all that's why they're there and it might just save your ass when your deal goes south of the border.:v:

Originally Posted by graham

What has happened so far is cyber fraud and only this week a girl went to jail for accepting money for goods he didn't have. I seriously hope Steve understands the seriousness of this situation. Once the AFP are involved it's not something you can just brush off by ignoring emails.

I'm guessing that was on Oxford Street?:lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.:v:

I'm sick of the people blaming Bolli, all he did was trust a site, he trusted a guy that had the best feedback on OCT. It is in no way his fault. Anyone could have something like this happen to them. There is plenty of money to make in ripping people off.

I do believe Steve will come through though, even though it's been a fair bit of a mess.

Good luck Bolli.

Im ****ing sick of people referring that the deal was done on OCT!!! WHERE THE FK IS THE DEAL THREAD THEN!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Both Bolli and Steve are members of other forums, they both have obviously had lots of dealing on a couple of sites... Just because the issue was raised here doesn't mean it fking reflects on OCT!!!!

Yes Steve is at fault, Yes Steve abused Bolli's trust... BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bollis COULD HAVE, SHOULD HAVE done the correct things for such a high end deal!!!!!!!!!!! This Deal is worth what, $5k FFS! Why wouldn't you do al the appropriate things to safeguard YOURSELF from this even happening..... If Steve didn't want it done that way then thats bacj on Bolli! Even without a deal thread, Bolli should have opened up the claims on both payments and let it run its course!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Steve is in the wrong, but fk me, it takes 2 too Tango!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, im 3/4 cut, but this and the crap over at that drop kick zone HK has just pi$$ed me right off...........................

I really hope Bolli gets his card/s or money back, but I also hope, and am super sure he has, learnt a valuable lesson from all of this!! Money is an evil that can bite the most trusted/likeable/reputable people/bussiness' in the a$$ in a big way!!!!

Putting on my detective hat, i will assume your pretty pi$$ed...

Im ****ing sick of people referring that the deal was done on OCT!!! WHERE THE FK IS THE DEAL THREAD THEN!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Both Bolli and Steve are members of other forums, they both have obviously had lots of dealing on a couple of sites... Just because the issue was raised here doesn't mean it fking reflects on OCT!!!!

Yes Steve is at fault, Yes Steve abused Bolli's trust... BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bollis COULD HAVE, SHOULD HAVE done the correct things for such a high end deal!!!!!!!!!!! This Deal is worth what, $5k FFS! Why wouldn't you do al the appropriate things to safeguard YOURSELF from this even happening..... If Steve didn't want it done that way then thats bacj on Bolli! Even without a deal thread, Bolli should have opened up the claims on both payments and let it run its course!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Steve is in the wrong, but fk me, it takes 2 too Tango!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, im 3/4 cut, but this and the crap over at that drop kick zone HK has just pi$$ed me right off...........................

I really hope Bolli gets his card/s or money back, but I also hope, and am super sure he has, learnt a valuable lesson from all of this!! Money is an evil that can bite the most trusted/likeable/reputable people/bussiness' in the a$$ in a big way!!!!

I'm more concerned that at this time of the night your only 3/4 cut but on a more serious note I think this whole community will learn a valuable lesson out of this.

At the end of the day, it does'nt matter if a deal was done up, someone could do up a $5k deal with me right now and if they were too trusting I could walk away and run off. THERE IS PLENTY OF MONEY IN RIPPING PEOPLE OFF! It's a pathetic game that I hope very few participate in.

Bolli is in no way in the wrong. This kind of thing even happens on ebay. Like I said earlier, I do think Steve will come through, he seems to be too involved in the hobby. I don't think it was just one big massive pay day for him.

Have another drink everyone, I know I will :)

I'm more concerned that at this time of the night your only 3/4 cut but on a more serious note I think this whole community will learn a valuable lesson out of this.

I am hoping as well but that's if everyone has read or heard of this thread. But if somene went on a holiday for a few months and missed all the action regarding this deal then they wouldn't know. Maybe make this a sticky thread in the buy and sell section could help.

Very true Maso! The whole community will learn a great lesson from all this!!

3/4 cut because Im a light weight these days! the missus is out with the girls and Im at home by myself with 3 sleeping kids!! A dual hangover will suck so I'll just take the headache part of it! :thumbsup:

Sorry Drobfan but Bolli should have protected himself to the utmost he could have... Not condoning what Steve has done in anyway shape or form, but for THAT sort of cash, with the coverage paypal DO offer, why wouldn't you follow it up properly?? Like I said, I really hope Bolli gets sorted after all of this and he can move on without a loss! Take it as you want, not having ago at Bolli and not shying away from Steve being at fault, but it could have been handled better!!

At the end of the day, it does'nt matter if a deal was done up, someone could do up a $5k deal with me right now and if they were too trusting I could walk away and run off. THERE IS PLENTY OF MONEY IN RIPPING PEOPLE OFF! It's a pathetic game that I hope very few participate in.

Bolli is in no way in the wrong. This kind of thing even happens on ebay. Like I said earlier, I do think Steve will come through, he seems to be too involved in the hobby. I don't think it was just one big massive pay day for him.

Have another drink everyone, I know I will :)

I actually read the whole thread at HK and there's one comment there that really fits what might have actually happened to the money that Bolli sent. That Steve's got a gambling problem. I had that in mind ever since I read the first few post in the original thread. I am basing that in my own experience. :v:

I think it´s very interesting that many people search more for my mistakes than for Steves! Do you people understand this thread? I started to deal with Steve on this site with pm (I can proof that and when the Mods wants then I can give them my paawort and they will see when I got the pm from Steve and what is inside this pm)! IT DOESN´T CHANGE THE SITUATION THAT THERE IS NO DEAL THREAD! There are pm/mails and the user lives in Australia and so it´s normal that in this thread is much more emotions than in other. But don´t forget that I opened the threads in all these Communites to warn the people!!!!!

So please be a little bid smarter and don´t talk aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the time about the deal thread! When there is a ebay member who scammed 100 person and I open a thread about him => would you say "hey, he hasn´t a deal thread on OCT so it´s not a deal. What the f..., I´m pi$$ed of, etc.etc.". Harharharharharhar...I´m sorry but I really sit here in front of my Computer and have to laugh :D

I think it´s very interesting that many people search more for my mistakes than for Steves! Do you people understand this thread? I started to deal with Steve on this site with pm (I can proof that and when the Mods wants then I can give them my paawort and they will see when I got the pm from Steve and what is inside this pm)! IT DOESN´T CHANGE THE SITUATION THAT THERE IS NO DEAL THREAD! There are pm/mails and the user lives in Australia and so it´s normal that in this thread is much more emotions than in other. But don´t forget that I opened the threads in all these Communites to warn the people!!!!!

So please be a little bid smarter and don´t talk aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the time about the deal thread! When there is a ebay member who scammed 100 person and I open a thread about him => would you say "hey, he hasn´t a deal thread on OCT so it´s not a deal. What the f..., I´m pi$$ed of, etc.etc.". Harharharharharhar...I´m sorry but I really sit here in front of my Computer and have to laugh :D

ANd posting on all the forums is a good thing... but OCT is copping the Negative crap over it... So you don't talk to him off of here? You don't talk to him through other sites???

I do really feel bad for YOU Bolli! What has happened to you is just simply crap and should never, ever have happened! Steve has done you wrong, no one is denying that!!

Im just confused, for such a high end deal, $5k+ worth why you wouldn't tae a bit more care?? Yes I know you trusted Steve and had ggod reason to and thats human nature, but money can turn the greatest people in the world into scammers/scum instantly!

At the end of the day, I haven't seen ANYONE saying you haven't been wronged, you have been, but YOU COULD have done more to help protect yourself could you not??

I really hope everything works out for you mate and you are not out of pocket!! You have done all the right things SINCE it went bad!

I never think it was your mistake at all. I read your first post even before anyone else posted and I felt very sad for you. I have PM'd one of the admins regarding how people still putting the blame on you when its clear that Steve ripped you off completely.

Deal thread or not, since paypal always sides with the buyer, if you had of proceeded or let the claims run their course you would have had your money back already. The End.

Of course I did a mistake because I trusted toooo much and that´s naiv when I see the situation now. But my problem was that Steve already had my expensive cards and the first payment. I thought when I start a claim on paypal now then maybe I never will see my cards again (when he wants to cheat me). So I gave him more and more time :(

Like I said, I started the threads to warn the people because when Steve should be a Scammer (what I still not think or maybe I just hope so) then the people should know that so he can´t do that with other people, too.

Of course it´s wrong to make a whole Community responsible for the behaviour of one person but I think it would be badder to be silent after everything what happened.

Whatever, thank you for all your wishes and of course I know that you all want that this deal ends good because then this hurricane-thread can be closed ;)

I never think it was your mistake at all. I read your first post even before anyone else posted and I felt very sad for you. I have PM'd one of the admins regarding how people still putting the blame on you when its clear that Steve ripped you off completely.

See, now this is where I don't understand some peoples comprehension skills! Who has actually put the blame on Bolli? I think just about everyone I have seen post on here and HK has wished him well and hoped that he gets it sorted in his favour!!

Again, I for one really hope Steve comes through one way or the other and Bolli IS NOT out of pocket at all!

---------- Post added 21-08-2011 at 12:39 AM ----------

Of course I did a mistake because I trusted toooo much and that´s naiv when I see the situation now. But my problem was that Steve already had my expensive cards and the first payment. I thought when I start a claim on paypal now then maybe I never will see my cards again (when he wants to cheat me). So I gave him more and more time :(

Like I said, I started the threads to warn the people because when Steve should be a Scammer (what I still not think or maybe I just hope so) then the people should know that so he can´t do that with other people, too.

Of course it´s wrong to make a whole Community responsible for the behaviour of one person but I think it would be badder to be silent after everything what happened.

Whatever, thank you for all your wishes and of course I know that you all want that this deal ends good because then this hurricane-thread can be closed ;)

And unfortunately trust is Human Nature, we want to think the best of our fellow collectors!!!! At least he's responding again, and I do understand your apprehension in doing the claims but yeah, with that much money involved it obviously wasn't the right thing to do!! :thumbsup: I think Im done in here now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bolli showed himself that the deal was done via a forum which used deal threads. Doesn't even matter if it's not OCT, all card-trading forums use deal threads to make deals official.

Who is stupid enough to make a deal without a deal thread with someone who they've never met before and only contacted through the internet? Tell me how that's not a mistake?

Here's one.;)

---------- Post added 21-08-2011 at 01:13 AM ----------

See, now this is where I don't understand some peoples comprehension skills! Who has actually put the blame on Bolli? I think just about everyone I have seen post on here and HK has wished him well and hoped that he gets it sorted in his favour!!

Again, I for one really hope Steve comes through one way or the other and Bolli IS NOT out of pocket at all!

---------- Post added 21-08-2011 at 12:39 AM ----------

And unfortunately trust is Human Nature, we want to think the best of our fellow collectors!!!! At least he's responding again, and I do understand your apprehension in doing the claims but yeah, with that much money involved it obviously wasn't the right thing to do!! :thumbsup: I think Im done in here now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you're done. hahaha!!! Nyt Nyt...

The deal thread would make no difference; it's not a legally binding agreement, there's no repercussions from a failed deal. Steve had hundreds of good deals, there was no reason to think he would turn into a bad apple with his longstanding track record and reputation. Bolli just got conned by a sweet talking salesman who was desperate to make a quick buck. Man up Steve, the ball is in your court.

The deal thread would make no difference; it's not a legally binding agreement, there's no repercussions from a failed deal. Steve had hundreds of good deals, there was no reason to think he would turn into a bad apple with his longstanding track record and reputation. Bolli just got conned by a sweet talking salesman who was desperate to make a quick buck. Man up Steve, the ball is in your court.

100% right. Let's take a deep breath here - some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. What is clear is:

1. Bolli is the victim here - that is not in dispute. Let's not be ridiculous and say or give the impression that this entire situation would not have happened had he made a deal thread on this site - it could have happened to anybody on any site. This is a clear case of fraud. Therefore...

2. This should have zero impact on the reputation of this great site. From what I have read on HK, this negativity toward OCT is driven by one member. I trust that most collectors are intelligent enough to know that and can form their own impression on the value that this site brings to the trading card community and that this failed deal was not the fault of OCT or any of its moderators.

3. good_old_bball (Steve) has cheated Bolli (at this stage) and by most accounts had an impeccable reputation when it came to buying and selling cards, especially on this site. There was little reason to doubt Steve given his reputation and the existing relationship between himself and Bolli. Yes, Bolli was too trusting and in hindsight probably should not have been, but then again, there was little reason not to be. In any case, it is irrelevant to the situation here - Bolli was swinded. If anything, it just proves that sadly, there are crooks out there.

4. Nobody knows the reasons why Steve did what he did - everything is pure speculation and only Steve himself can clarify this. However, what is clear is that his reputation will never be the same.

5. Steve has recommenced communications with Bolli (which is a positive) and everyone here hopes that this situation is rectified one way or another and that Bolli either receives the cards or receives a refund from Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom