Betting/Punting News/Veiws

I don’t give out to many tips especially on my own dogs.
I have a dog running at Traralgon race 7 box 1 at 5:24pm his name is Soul Master will be a good each way bet this will be his first run back from injury trialing very well. :thumbsup:
Keep your fingers crossed for me.:v:

Mariners head to head at $2.55c, into Patriots minus the start. Into Rockies for game 4... that's my sport bet this weekend... I also think Gold Edition will win the match race into a Miss Finland double. She only needs a tiny bit of luck to win the Cox :thumbsup:

Nice win too Topps :D ... Shame it was not a wee bit longer! Did you have a small fortune on him?
He paid $1.40 W $1.2 P here

Very happy thanks :D:D he won in the best time of the night only payed $1.60 - $1.10 had a bit on him already spent it on some boxes and the first place money of $1,000 pays the bills.:thumbsup:

This years Cox Plate field is very open, so i've decided to back a couple of the outsiders in Zipping at 26/1 and Divine Madonna at 15/1. Zipping has drawn wide so he will need a lot of luck. Divine Madonna has drawn well in barrier 2 and she reminds me of a mare called Dane Ripper that won the Cox Plate 10 years ago. Divine Madonna is best known as a Sprinter/Miler and she hasn't raced past 1600m, but they said the same about Dane Ripper. I'm hoping she can save ground along the inside and burst through along the rails. In Race 9 i really like Flash Trick at 8/1, he looks a class above these and he should run well. Mind Your Head hasn't had much luck lately and he might also be a chance at big odds of 17/1. I'm also going to put on a Flexi-Quad Fat Quaddie that i will post tomorrow afternoon.

Good Luck to anyone having a bet.

Only going to have 2 bets today a Quaddie (MV)
1,3,6,8/6,10,11,12/3,4,5,6/2,8,10,15

Very tough fields to pick winners from today.

and A Box tri on the Cox Plate

Good Luck to everyone else having a bet!

Devil moon to win

Trifecta with haradasun, miss finland, devil moon & eskimo queen.

Also like hidden strings in the 5th & dr nipandtuck in the 9th.

Only going to have 2 bets today a Quaddie (MV)
1,3,6,8/6,10,11,12/3,4,5,6/2,8,10,15

Very tough fields to pick winners from today.

and A Box tri on the Cox Plate

Good Luck to everyone else having a bet!

Yeah Ryan it's always tough to find winners at Moone Valley. I've put on the following Flexi-Quad;

1st Leg - Race 7

2nd Leg - Race 8

3rd Leg - Race 9

4th Leg - Race 10

The total cost for this Flexi-Quad is $67 for a 4.02% Share

So who's everyone got for The Cup? I'm thinking of putting $50 each way on Purple Moon, and maybe try a few box trifectas. Hey, I noticed some of you guys who do trifectas actually have 4 or 5 horses in them, what's that about? Is it more expensive, but more likely to win?

So who's everyone got for The Cup? I'm thinking of putting $50 each way on Purple Moon, and maybe try a few box trifectas.

Will take Duoro Valley if it runs and a trifecta with Duoro Valley, Purple Moon and Mr. O'Rielly plus one or 2 more.

Hey, I noticed some of you guys who do trifectas actually have 4 or 5 horses in them, what's that about? Is it more expensive, but more likely to win?

Yeah can be more expensive but you can put whatever amount you want on it. Say you had 4 horses in your Box Trifecta you would need to put $24 on it to get 100% of the prize payout. But if you put $12 on you would get 50% of the trifecta payout. Whatever amount you put on you get a % back of the Trifecta payout. Works the other way to eg $48 would get you 200%.
Hope that answers your question.

So who's everyone got for The Cup? I'm thinking of putting $50 each way on Purple Moon, and maybe try a few box trifectas. Hey, I noticed some of you guys who do trifectas actually have 4 or 5 horses in them, what's that about? Is it more expensive, but more likely to win?

It's probably a bit too early to pick a Horse for the Melbourne Cup, but it would be nice to see Purple Moon win as we would get to see more of that stunning Francesca Cumani chick :woot:::worthy::drool::.

Is anyone having a bet at Derby Day tomorrow? I really like 'Serious Speed' in the Wakeful Stakes. She was very impressive last start in the Guinees but i'm a little bit worried that she is not that well weighted. I'm hopeing her class can get her over the line. I'm also going to put on a Flexi-Quad Fat Quaddie that i will post tomorrow afternoon.

Good Luck to anyone having a bet.

Got a couple of Trifecta's on today
Race 5 - 1,2,6,7
Race 6 - 4,6,14,15
Race 7 - 1,3,4,11

Plus a quaddie 1,3,4/1,4,6/2,6,11,12/2,5,10.

Anyone else having a bet.

Good Luck Ryan, i'm going to put on the following Flexi-Quad;

Ist Leg - Race 7

2nd Leg - Race 8

3rd Leg - Race 9

4th Leg - Race 10

The total Cost for this Flexi-Quad will probably be about $51.00 for a 5% share.

Just got back from the pub where I put $40each way on Purple Moon for the Cup, and 4 box trifectas based mainly around Master O'reilly and Purple Moon. Will probably put a similar ammount on Master O'reilly tomorrow before the race. I was hoping to get better odds on Purple Moon because of the rain around Melbourne, but when I checked it this afternoon the price had shortened, dammit...

Going to Have a Trifecta with 4,9,11,12,19,23. $30 = 25% return
Will also have Duoro Valley with $10 or so each way.

Looks like a very open race this year. I picked out 10 I think could win, to bad i can't afford to have money on them all.

Going to Have a Trifecta with 4,9,11,12,19,23. $30 = 25% return
Will also have Duoro Valley with $10 or so each way.

Looks like a very open race this year. I picked out 10 I think could win, to bad i can't afford to have money on them all.

Hey Ryan, when you say those 6 horses cost $30 in a trifecta for a 25% share, how much roughly do you think you'd be looking at winning if it did come in? Coz I was thinking of having a go at something like that myself, but wasn't sure what the returns would be like... Thanks.

Depends on what the places are paying, I think last year the Trifecta was about $1500 for the Melb. cup so you would have got about $375 back. But if all 3 fav's come in then it can be shorter.

Depends on what the places are paying, I think last year the Trifecta was about $1500 for the Melb. cup so you would have got about $375 back. But if all 3 fav's come in then it can be shorter.

WOW! :thumbsup: That's got me interested! So basicly, I fill out a box trifecta with "x" ammount of horses, and put the bet as 25cents for a quarter share? I might have a go at that then, thanks for the help, champ!

Because I got the box trifecta with 3 horses at another race this year with Gold Edition in it, but I think that only paid around $70 for a $1 stake ($6 bet), so I was thinking a quarter of something like that would be crap...

If you get a "Red" Flexi Trifecta Form then you just mark in your total spend. Then fill out a box trifecta with "x" amount of horses.

Because I got the box trifecta with 3 horses at another race this year with Gold Edition in it, but I think that only paid around $70 for a $1 stake ($6 bet), so I was thinking a quarter of something like that would be crap...

Melb cup is a bit different as pool is so large and no horse has very short odds.

Back
Top Bottom