Best Wife Ever!!!!!

drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
So I was recently given an early birthday present! SUPER EARLY! I just turned 29 at the beginning of January, which means my 30th will be next, and the wife wanted to make it a big present.

She wanted to make it a surprise, but new I would want/need to help with some of the details, so she gave me the present on the weekend.

We will be flying to New York, Memphis, Los Angeles and SAN ANTONIO!!!!

I have 3 young kids, so I can't just up and leave them for a month, so this will be a short trip, about 10-12 days all up.

I am ECSTATIC! I can't believe I will finally be going to a Spurs Home game!!!

We will hopefully also be catching either a Knicks game in NY, or a Lakers game at Staples

I have plenty of time to learn all of the tips and tricks to get great tickets and to get autographs, but would love any help or suggestions from anyone that has been before!

Also, if there is anything that is a 'Must See' in any of those places, that you wouldn't normally know about from tourism sites??

:kick: :kick: :kick: :kick: :kick: :kick:

Seattle might be back in the league next year, you'd have to see one of their games if it happens!

Very nice pressie mate, congrats. (super jealous over here)

Great stuff man. Dont waste too much time asking for autographs, its kind of short lived and the players are kind of over that stuff as they do it every day. Instead break out a random conversation like ask timmy d how his chop shop is going, that gets their attention. Getting to MSG would be cool too. Just pay out your behind and get the best tickets possible.

I also recommend the chicken fried steakpin San Antonio. It's like KFC skin around a steak with this amazing country sauce. Mmmm having a homer moment, i think I might have to come to show it to you!!

That is awesome Adam, had massive grin just reading about your present! I might win Tattslotto and come with you guys ;) I don't imagine I would be 3rd wheel at all :whistle:

You're wife is a Big Champion you can already enter her in the Hall Of Fame :thumbsup: =D>

Wow so happy for you that's will be an awesome trip !

You have now the time to prepare one of your best travel of your life :) .

That is freakin awesome dude!!

In New York you have to get a guided tour. I highly recommend a guy by the name of 'Brooklyn Jim' the guy is amazing and knows everything past and present about New York! He tour was probably one of my favorite days on my trip!

Oh my god your going to have so much fun!!

wow...awesome stuff ads...its nice when you get surprises like that...i thought i was lucky, narelle organised a night away in melbourne in a few weeks time with a spa at a ritzy place, but this beats that hands down, want to wife swap lol...

You will have an awesome time. If you intend to go up the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller centre book before you leave home and that way avoid the long queues. And do them at night as well as day time.

And another must do thing is take a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge

That's awesome, of your 4 destinations, I've been to NY, LA and San Antonio.

Some tips

LA: make sure your accommodation is close to where you want to be (for example West Hollywood is not that close to Hollywood, i learnt the hard way), getting around in LA is a pain buses are terrible, and cabs are hard to find be prepared to do a lot of walking.

NY: Although you'll pay a lot for it, I suggest try staying close to Times Square, its central to everything, NY subway is awesome to get around trains every 5 minutes. The Flagship NBA store may be open by then so defiantly check that out (apparently its going to be near Madison Square Garden), I missed the closure of the old store by about 2 weeks. Don't pay for a Statue of Liberty tour, just jump on the Staten Island ferry which is free, it goes right past the Statue of Liberty anyway. My favorite bar in NY is called "The Australian" only about 5 blocks form Time Square, great place for an Aussie burger or Sausage rolls. I watched the ANZAC day clash there. The Empire state building is always packed, best to go at night, The Rockefeller center wasn't as busy when i went, didn't really have to line up. Check out central park but be prepared to spend a lot of time there, it is huge, there is a awesome restaurant inside Central Park called the Boathouse.

SA: Buy your Spurs tickets as soon as they go on sale. Stay somewhere near the River Walk, the Marriot was good, awesome restaurants along the river-walk my favorite was called Casa Rio, very old restaurant but the food was amazing. The Riverwalk/Downtown area is only about a 20 min cab ride from the AT&T center, also try to organize a cab ride after the game with the driver that takes you in, it was a pain in the rear getting a cab after the game. Got to check out the Alamo too (which is also right near the Riverwalk)

FYI being a Spurs fan don't expect to see any Spurs Merchandise anywhere but in SA, so save your pennies to shop big in SA.

Also the tipping sucks, but if you tip you will get better service, they might as well call it a bribe, always tip BEFORE you ask for what you want. For example, I was in Vegas asked at the front counter if i could get a fridge in my room, was told "Sorry Sir we don't have Fridges" my Brother in Law asked a same thing a hour or so later, tipped the guy, "Yes Sir we'll get 1 brought up, normally its $10 a day but we can waive that" Vegas was really the worst place to tipping though, they expect a tip if they open the door for you. Most other cities were a lot better. Also leave a tip every morning on your pillow (around $5) other wise the maids will do a crappy job of cleaning your room. Always make sure you have a few $1 notes handy, they are good for tipping, kinda of awkward when you only have large notes and you need to tip someone.

Anyway i think I'm rambled on for long enough, hope its not information overload.... if you have any other question be happy to help.

Have fun!!

Back
Top Bottom