best NBA duo??

the best ever..... well pip and jordan are very good indivdual players but never had the full chemistry of stockton and malone. kareem and magic i would put as no 2... ever seen kareems career stats ???

no 1 would have to be ralph sampson and hakeem... at 7'3 and 7ft they were so dominant and intimidating at both ends of the court...sure their stats might not look quite as good, but they made up for it in defence and intimidation

good views there,

but pippen/jordan never needed the malone/stockton combo..

they could both score on will, throw lobs to each other, and play as a duo.. did you ever see malone to stockton? yes but very rare.. it was usually the other way around..

not that im dissing stockton/malone (even though i and most people dont like them)

white_chocolate_55 said:
i dont really buy the drexler/olajuwon.. they wherent together too long.. yes they won rings (and yes this will bring up some points with other duos)

That was the magical thing about drexler/olajuwon they didn't need a few seasons to gel just a couple of games and they were firing. They also had two seasons of collage ball together.
I read an interview with dream and he said he every time he would play drexler he would alway drop hints on how good it would be to play together
again like collage. He was right:D

My fav. duo would be Sampson / Olajuwon. so dominant. during there short stay together.

Alltime best duo I would have to go with Cousy/Russel or Magic / kareem

heres one that i dont think anybody's mentioned: Jerry West and Wilt...now that was a deadly duo!

Did you see the 84 Series with the twin towers against the Celts????

Don't know how you can rate them so highly. Parish has his best game of the playoffs against them and the Celts dominated the series. They didn't dominate or intimidate. Teams exploited the weakness of both players.

They had that one year and made the finals only do to a lucky shot by Sampson. Although injury cut them short on games they dont' rank up there. They were mearly the first real 7ft tandem to play.

Ed Macauley and Bob Pettit hasn't got a mention too. They were the only team to interupt the Celts dynasty really getting a title for St Louis over a Russell lead Celts. Now how many tandems did that??

Easy Ed is slick and Pettit is the second best SF to Bird in all time rankings. ;-)

I've held off posting till now as most don't know ball from the other eras but when the twin towers and such are mentioned as the best ever I'll pop in :-P

chadjaja® said:
Did you see the 84 Series with the twin towers against the Celts????

Don't know how you can rate them so highly. Parish has his best game of the playoffs against them and the Celts dominated the series. They didn't dominate or intimidate. Teams exploited the weakness of both players.

They had that one year and made the finals only do to a lucky shot by Sampson. Although injury cut them short on games they dont' rank up there. They were mearly the first real 7ft tandem to play.

That's why I only put them down as my fav. duo and not who I rated as the best of alltime.:)

Back
Top Bottom