Best intentions.

@drob50 Yeah the guy hasn't been nice about it at all, initally I apologized unreservedly and assured him it was sent to the right address as he claimed I was fraudulent. He didn't give a toss and as I mentioned, he showed strong hints of buyers remorse in his paypal statements and PMs.

$600 is a big kick in the guts and enough to turn me off the hobby for a bit.
There goes one case that I was going to get for xmas.
Hence why I offloaded a heap of cards on ebay and OCT for basically what anyone was offering.

Whats compounds the problem is, seeing that I then had -$350~ in payal after the claim had frozen the funds, I had to throw a heap of coin into paypal as on the day that the claim started, I had won 3 items in feebay totalling $580.
So I had a couple issues juggling those payments.

Surely I will get some neg feedback for the lateness of payments which wont help.

Definate lessons learned that's for sure.

sad to hear - as this is the worse thing imaginable that could happen for both you guys :( i hope he posts a pic of the other card and the envelope - cos that evidence stacking against him

one-touch with no cardboard protection is basically asking for it (as Norm mentioned). that's why it helps to be double safe and pay $20 for registered postage which includes an extra padded envelope for you to put you evelope in.

express also gives you an extra bag and like registered they will handle it properly. that costs between $35-$45. The most I have paid is $80 for express of about 10 cards worth $5k+ so next time go to different post office if they are charging you so much

i hope you guys can sort this out. but it is looking pretty hostile at the moment

I'm fine with envelopes going through a roller, bubble mailers should be hand sorted or a better process. Surely something better could be done. Not that I have any clue about the inner workings of a postal centre/volume etc, just seems like there could be.
It's basic.....but there's some interesting vision of the sorting machinery used.

@M4YH3M1 , you should ask paypal that he sends all the cards back if you are going to lose all of the money anyway.

From a previous deal I had with damaged cards from ebay, I asked for a partial refund and I was told that I had to send them back and I would be given a full refund. I had no other option

I was talking to a friend that is a sorter at Australia Post yesterday.

He warned me to avoid sending small parcels as their delivery rate on these is only around 92% at the moment (so nearly 1 of every 10 small packages goes MIA). He said it is because they are all hand sorted and its very easy for the packages to get thrown into the wrong bag by the sorters. eg - parcel being sent to QLD gets thrown into the WA bag.

Told me to make sure that the parcel is small enough to fit through a letter box so its delivered by a postie or to use a bigger box or proper parcel post bag if its going to go via the parcel service.

@drob50 Yeah the guy hasn't been nice about it at all, initally I apologized unreservedly and assured him it was sent to the right address as he claimed I was fraudulent. He didn't give a toss and as I mentioned, he showed strong hints of buyers remorse in his paypal statements and PMs.

$600 is a big kick in the guts and enough to turn me off the hobby for a bit.
There goes one case that I was going to get for xmas.
Hence why I offloaded a heap of cards on ebay and OCT for basically what anyone was offering.

Whats compounds the problem is, seeing that I then had -$350~ in payal after the claim had frozen the funds, I had to throw a heap of coin into paypal as on the day that the claim started, I had won 3 items in feebay totalling $580.
So I had a couple issues juggling those payments.

Surely I will get some neg feedback for the lateness of payments which wont help.

Definate lessons learned that's for sure.

@M4YH3M1 Sellers cannot leave neg feedback from my experience

I know you've admitted fault in this situation but reading that guys posts on BO he's being quite confrontational about the whole thing and comes off as a bit of a dick IMO, which I don't think is the best way to go about getting this resolved.

Yeh, well I can understand the initial frustration as I didn't check BO forums whilst I was away on the conference so it was a week or so that I ddin't reply. But even with my assurance that I had sent it to the correct address and apologized unreservedly he was still being an arrogant f***

you can see by my continually agressive posts towards the end, that I was sick of his sh1t and blaming me for postal damage as if I wanted that to happen all along.

I 'd be upset about a getting damaged cards, but if my money was coming back to me in paypal anyway, then hey, I'm covered so why would I need to be a complete f**kwit about it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom