Been to any Melb Comedy Festival shows?

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
I've been in Melb for work for the past few days and caught a few shows around town -

The Best of British (Exford Hotel) - 4 acts (Marcel Lacont, Mark Butler, Julie Clark and Ivan Brackenbury) and MC Dan Willis.
Great value for $20

Then saw the full show of Ivan Brackenbury "Hospital DJ" (AKA Tom Binns) at the Elephant and Wheelbarrow ($15)....awesome night...funniest show around!!!:worthy:

Followed this up with "The After Party" at the Exford which was free....let's just say you get what you pay for!!

The next night went and saw "The Best of the Edinburgh Festival" (Capitol Theatre $26)....not bad but not a patch on the previous night. Carey Marx pushes the boundaries, Jason Cook was very good and Elis James was OK as host.

I was at the Best of the Ed too at the Capitol. Thats the building I used to live in when I lived in town btw.

Poor Teddy bear LMAO We are city smart so we went to half tix on Sat morn and got tix for $15 each! No one pays full price for a show these days.......pffftt.

Tried and tried to call Doc to get him into town to see it but his phone was off.....:-(

I was at the Best of the Ed too at the Capitol. Thats the building I used to live in when I lived in town btw.

Poor Teddy bear LMAO We are city smart so we went to half tix on Sat morn and got tix for $15 each! No one pays full price for a show these days.......pffftt.

Tried and tried to call Doc to get him into town to see it but his phone was off.....:-(

That teddy was the "butt" of a poor joke!!:kick:

Me and some mates ended up being "roadies" for Ivan Brackenbury and helped him cart his gear to his next gig that he was running late for...then my mates got him to incorporate my name into the show (without me knowing!!).....hung out with him and a few comedians afterwards...shared his birthday cake and a few beers....great night!!!:D:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom