Beckett Grading Advice

antlan81

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Anthony
eBay User
lanza_81
Hey all,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but i really need some advice on sending a couple of cards to get graded by BGS. The 2 cards I want to send are:

*03-04 Lebron James RC Exquisite collection patches autograph
*03-04 Michael Jordan Ultimate collection signatures

Im just wanting to know from those with past experience if it is safe to send them? Im worried I might not get them back like some of the stories on here. Secondly, from those who have received cards back, whats usually the turn over period? Thirdly, should I send them to BGS or PSA? Lastly, does anyone on here send cards on a regular basis and does group submissions?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers :)

Hey mate, I normally send mine via COMC. It might take a little longer but a lot safer than sending from Australia I feel.
So basically you send to COMC, upload it to your account, you click the "submit for grading" button and pay the fees. They'll then return it to your account once graded for you to ship home, registered.

*03-04 Lebron James RC Exquisite collection patches autograph
*03-04 Michael Jordan Ultimate collection signatures

If thats the true Exquisite RPA for Lebron I would probably just wait until you can travel to the US and submit it yourself, not worth risking $15-20K in the mail

But if not:
1) I've done one submission by myself and it was relatively high end ($2K+ in total) and everything went very smoothly
2) I used the 2 day service and it took about 10 days in total from when I sent them out to getting them back. I shipped them using Express post which cost about $50-60
3) BGS imo for those cards, and you would need to subscribe to use PSA anyways
4) Like nichj said, I usually go the COMC route as well, since I trust them a lot more to handle my cards and pack/send them to BGS. But with them suing each other, I don't think this path will be viable for much longer.

No, it's the #LJ not the RPA #78. I wish I had the RPA lol. But still it's a $2500 card and don't want to risk losing it.

I really want to get this cards graded for protection and future investment...

Theres never any guarantees when youre sending something overseas, but you should be pretty safe if you send the cards through Express Platinum with full insurance, which will cost close to $200

Theres never any guarantees when youre sending something overseas, but you should be pretty safe if you send the cards through Express Platinum with full insurance, which will cost close to $200
Yeah especially with Auspost :crazy: But it did calculate to about $190 with express platinum n insurance.

Thanks all for the advice :)

Here a the pics of the Lebron n Jordan

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Amazing cards and high end enough to even bother to consider grading. Nothing like a one touch case for them :thumbsup:

Plus the auto on the LBJ will hurt the overall grade..

Thanks.

Yeah the auto isn't the greatest, but the card is in great condition n if I decide to get it graded, hope for a 9...

Just still not 100% confident in sending them..

If I remember correctly, Grayson @cherrycollectables said during a break he would take cards over with him when he goes for the national convention if people would like. I may be wrong, but you might wanna ask him. Postage to Melbourne would be a lot easier to deal with than postage to the u.s.

It's been a while, but finally built up the courage to send my card to beckett to get graded. I only sent the Lebron RC as a mate wanted to buy the MJ off me, but decided to change his mind after I sent off the card.... Wasn't happy.

So after 5 weeks (card stuck at customs for 1 1/2 weeks) and about $450 later (damn u customs fees!!) I finally received my graded card!

I was hoping for a grade of 9 to 8.5, but instead got a 8 apparently the corners weren't that great, scoring a 7.5, but all other departments scored well. Also got a 10 for the auto, even though I thought it wasn't the greatest...

Overall I was happy with the service, a little disappointed with the grade, but it is what it is.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom