WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Here's another of those emails going around..

"For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning,
temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

We regret to inform you that your eBay account could be suspended if you don't re-update your account information. To resolve this problems please use the link below and re-enter your account information. If your problems could not be resolved your account will be suspended for a period of 24 hours, after this period your account will be terminated.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay."

Again, NEVER click links in emails you are not confident with. As you can see, even Ebay gets spoofed, I'm sure there's people out there clicking these links, and giving away their account info!!

For your info, Spoofing emails is not yet punishable by law. It is a "hack" that people do out there that can get any email address from a website, and send emails on BEHALF of it (not FROM it), then the recipient replies, and then the confusion starts. Our work ones have been done for the last 2 years, we cant do anything about it.

Here's a hint for all y'all... NEVER reply to SPAM email... all it does is verify that your email address works... they'll continue to SPAM you if you do....

My good deed for the day.
:D

I have been getting one that looks like a question from a buyer and says "Hi, where are my items, they still haven't arrived, please reply or I will report you to Ebay"

I looks real and I got a bit worried the first time I saw it!!

Back
Top Bottom