Automatic Feedback

Great idea Graham - this is why we trust you with our online lives :woot:.

I really like the reminder idea but i dont like fact that the bad/lazy members dont get any sort of punishment or strike against their name.

If ppl left feedback this wouldnt be a topic let alone an expense for premium members, below are some ideas:

- make all members update outstanding feedback or risk temporary deal banning until all feedback is updated
- members who refuse to leave feedback after 3 months of final reminder face account suspension

The above is a bit harsh but i think the small few are spoing it for the rest.

I thought about that. Giving warnings for non feedback. Three strikes and its a one week ban? Is that worth it for not leaving feedback?

I thought about that. Giving warnings for non feedback. Three strikes and its a one week ban? Is that worth it for not leaving feedback?

That's actually a good way of approaching it. You take your time to give it, the same courtesy isn't too much to expect.

Exactly its not like a month ban its small enough to let them know that the other party took 1 minute to leave feedback its common courtesy to do the same hopefully the first ban will get them to realise that if they do it again they'll be banned again and will do it automatically

But is a small ban too excessive for not leaving feedback?

Yes a ban is excessive. Not everyone lives on here and people do have other things going on in their lives (or some im told;)) .

I find it odd that not leaving feedback is the issue that people want to hand out bans for.

Yes a ban is excessive. Not everyone lives on here and people do have other things going on in their lives (or some im told;)) .

I find it odd that not leaving feedback is the issue that people want to hand out bans for.

Not enough time to leave feedback, how do you find the time to do deals then? Not you specifically lol

Not enough time to leave feedback, how do you find the time to do deals then? Not you specifically lol

It happens, some members in the NRL section will make some deals but then not been seen during the off season. Obviously not an issue for you and I Norm;).

My point more is that I see recent examples of members screwing around other members on deals and they are still running around here selling cards - but we are going hand out bans if you dont leave feedback.....

I need to address that as well - perhaps a penalty corner where they can't create or reply to threads in the Buy Sell Trade forum until outstanding deals are done.

Wouldn't really work unless the auto feedback didn't happen and a person can't do a new deal until all feedback had been returned.

And then we get the "i can't reply to the deal thread!!!! Let me reply now or ill sue you" emails

i think this is a fantastic idea graham.
On the banning or suspension side of this might be a bad move - its better that we have more active members on here than some on bans or suspentions over feedback, it might leave a bad taste in there mouths and they may leave the site all together.
So would this feature only be made available to the premium members? or all but funded by the premiums?
auto fb great idea and also the reminder idea

this does sound like a fantastic idea
this premium membership sadly isn't of much benifit as all are benifiting from the few that are happy to support and grow the site.
apart fromm the few give aways there is of no real benifit to being a premium member....like trade manager was going to be only for those that pay their $5 per month but was made available to all.
not having a biatch but i think there needs to be a clear difference to paying and non paying members

this does sound like a fantastic idea
this premium membership sadly isn't of much benifit as all are benifiting from the few that are happy to support and grow the site.
apart fromm the few give aways there is of no real benifit to being a premium member....like trade manager was going to be only for those that pay their $5 per month but was made available to all.
not having a biatch but i think there needs to be a clear difference to paying and non paying members

One of the big benefits is that the site continues to exist.

Running costs for the site are encroaching on $500 a month. Without the Premium memberships we probably couldn't continue nor could we do all of the little extras like the trade manager or auto feedback. I call them little but the trade manager cost a small fortune to develop and the auto feedback I imagine will be similar.

We upgraded to this new software and about the same time we upgraded the server. We own the server. In plain speak, it kicks ass. We won't need to upgrade for a long time.

We aren't allowed to accept "donations" as such as we are not a registered charity. The premium memberships are members way of contributing to the site. We save people from paying fees to ebay. Im sure a couple of items sold on ebay per month would come in at more than $5. Think of the Premium Memverships as your way of contributing to ensure we are able to continue to survive.

ok bud i understand what your saying but there is no clear benifit to being a premium member if all the elite few are the only ones proping up this site. Would some advertising help pay for the site similar to what face book and you tube do??? i understand that would depend on traffic flow but this site seem to be growing ect...maybe down the future....? your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom