Ask me anything about Cricket!

Hi Matt,

Sorry about the wait!!

1. Can I pick all 3? Whilst boundaries have gotten a little shorter in recent years, for T20 in particular, I wouldn't pinpoint it as the main reason behind the imbalance. I find it extremely hard to choose between heavier bats and flatter pitches, as they have both had an impact on all forms of cricket. However I would point towards flatter pitches as an imbalance when looking at test cricket, so it has to be heavier bats! There is no doubt that the shorter forms of the game are what started the 'big bat boom', and shorter boundaries and flatter pitches aren't helping!!

2. In short, no. It would be way too complicated to organise, and would take a fair while to stage, considerably longer than a World Cup! The current points system is fine as it is, and should be left that way.

3. In my opinion, while these trials are a step in advancing the game, the toss has been a fair way since cricket began to determine who did what first. I highly doubt it will ever make it to test match level but there is definitely the possibility of seeing this in Shield cricket some point down the track.

4. Not so much of a law, rather than a rule of the DRS. If the ball is hitting the bloody stumps, it's out!! Don't give me this '50% or more of the ball has to be hitting for the decision to be overturned' crap. If the ball's hitting the stumps, the bails are coming off. Simple as that!

Cheers for the great questions Matt

G'day Nick,

The first picture you posted is of the set you named. The rest of the set can be seen here on this awesome catalogue of cards and other collectibles, compiled by @nazimcricket (cheeky plug there for ya Naz ) http://www.nazimcricket.com/cigs2.php?p_link2=scan89

The second picture you attached of the Pura Milk cards is a set of milk caps distributed between 1999 and 2001. There is 22 to the set. An expired eBay listing can be seen here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cricket-Vic...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Hope that helped!

Another request for rare cards - have you ever heard of c1934 Tasmanian Sugar Products?

I've got six of them and am aware of only 21 subjects, including the great man - Don Bradman, which would probably be the rarest Bradman card in the country with only one card known to exist (unfortunately its not mine!). I've attached a high res scan of it for the reader's enjoyment and would love to hear from anyone else with any of them...

Definitely the right thing to do, a little difficult if you get 3 bad calls tho... its like being told you were shoplifting 3 times when you didn't, so maybe stealing something that last time is ok?

Definitely the right thing to do, a little difficult if you get 3 bad calls tho... its like being told you were shoplifting 3 times when you didn't, so maybe stealing something that last time is ok?
A different way of looking at it, but even if you've been falsely punished thrice, does that make it any less wrong to legitimately commit it?

Just something to think about...