• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moses

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jeff
eBay User
vladlevinsky
I'm interested in if the below cards are considered patch cards.
Specifically the P and the S in the first card and the V in the second.

524.jpg

533.jpg

Going by the technical term of a patch being something on top of the jersey, no. I would think they are considered trim. But they are pretty sweet anyway :)

They're piping but they're patches rather than jerseys according to the companies that put them in patch cards.

I agree they are fabric from the arm and neck hems, so I do not consider them patches (personally).

they are not patches they are swatch.

Okay, strictly speaking, a swatch forms part of a patch. This example, is a Patch no matter how lame it is. The same way, this Randy Foye is a Patch, it's also from the collar, but just that much prettier.

RANDY FOYE 06-07 Exquisite Auto 2 color Jersey /225 - eBay (item 110370315412 end time Aug-25-09 23:23:46 PDT)

Patch Card – A jersey or relic card that features a swatch made from patch(es) on a team jersey. Common patches include jersey numbers, team names, player last name plates, team and league logo.

Source: New Collector Corner: A Definitive Hobby Glossary | Upper Deck Blog

I dont classify that as a patch its just a piece of the jersey. In my opinion a patch is something that is sewn into the jersey, examples below...

Obviously a patch card with the grey and blue being the sewn on parts and the white being the jersey
2006-07UltimateCollectionAutographs.jpg

This still is a patch, albeit not a great one, but is definitely off the writing "Dallas" sewn in
scan0001.jpg

And then this one which is a clear jersey
2006-07UltimateCollectionAutographs.jpg

What you have there as said before is off the neck or arm holes of the jersey which they dont class as patches. I had a card with that in it of Larry Bird's and it was just called a jersey. Good question and i thought that the poll would have been a lot different with more people saying jersey.

Hey Jeff. These would be considered patches...but they're pretty loosely defined as that. They're the "Jersey Piping" from around the arm and neck holes. Basically the last bits of patch they can get from a jersey after all the good bits are gone... :(

I can't believe it... they already have DNA cards!!!

Anyway.. I believe strictly speaking, they are not patches but they are just as nice as one.

they're technically patches, but personally i dont count them. i need stitching with my patches (unless they didnt have stitching, like the old 80s pistons patches, then i make an exception).

Back
Top Bottom