anyone else think profit margins for 2010 champions are huge?

So Flip Flop - you are obviously a seller.....who are you and how can we buy from you to stop you going out of business and having to find a real job?

I'm not a fan of seeing someone with 10 posts come on here and ripping in to longer-standing members. Respect the community here champ - there are ways to get your opinion across without slamming others. Once again it seems the AFL section attracts the worst of it on this site...

How hard is it to have a decent, open and honest discussion on here?

I know i would not deal with someone who comes across strong and agressive over a small comment, in what is their only first few posts to the site. Seems like you two go hand in hand.

Lol... You already have... hence the cousins comment...

---------- Post added 05-03-2010 at 11:26 PM ----------

So Flip Flop - you are obviously a seller.....who are you and how can we buy from you to stop you going out of business and having to find a real job?

I'm not a fan of seeing someone with 10 posts come on here and ripping in to longer-standing members. Respect the community here champ - there are ways to get your opinion across without slamming others. Once again it seems the AFL section attracts the worst of it on this site...

How hard is it to have a decent, open and honest discussion on here?

Though none of your business...This is a lady who ran a succesful business and is now retired... The comments are open and honest, ppl on here just cant take any criticism without taking it the wrong way!!

Though none of your business...This is a lady who ran a succesful business and is now retired... The comments are open and honest, ppl on here just cant take any criticism without taking it the wrong way!!

Nothing ladylike about her post though Sacha - she simply sounded like a very rude and bitter person to everyone reading this thread except for you and her.

I haven't collected 2010 Champions this year so I was interested in reading this thread to get some people's thoughts on the product and people's opinions on pricing. There will be people with differing opinions to yours Sacha - doesn't mean they are always wrong mate. Lighten up ;)

Never mentioned new to the hobby or collecting, was in regards to this forum.
I know i would not deal with someone who comes across strong and agressive over a small comment, in what is their only first few posts to the site. Seems like you two go hand in hand.

Not sure what Cousins has to do with this topic .. usually gets dragged in when others really have nothing to say ... but hey i guess he is one of the greats ;)

Just defending the sellers side of things for a change. There have been too many loose and uninformed comments on this site at times.
But I guess it's ok to abuse some sellers but not ok to abuse long term members who want everything for nothing? (May I add they are in the minority, but do seem to be the biggest grizzlers)
Just trying to state some facts, nothing more.

Nothing ladylike about her post though Sacha - she simply sounded like a very rude and bitter person to everyone reading this thread except for you and her.

I haven't collected 2010 Champions this year so I was interested in reading this thread to get some people's thoughts on the product and people's opinions on pricing. There will be people with differing opinions to yours Sacha - doesn't mean they are always wrong mate. Lighten up ;)

Obviously ppl opinions are diff... but its a bit weird to say that sellers shouldnt be making a profit, especially when the cards are already at LOW prices.. I mean you can go into cardzone and pay 2-3 times the price of what ebay prices are at now... So compared to cardzone, ebay sellers are making WAY less... I dont agree with Darpy at all, and his information isnt even correct, he did ask for others opinions and that is what he got. I think Darpy should have researched alot more then he did...

True that prices may come down, but this is just everyone offloading what they have to get what they can, not sure about you but thats not how we should be letting the market value our cards....

I have often wondered how sellers make money by busting new product - if they have managed it this time around then good news for them. Ebay has been the death of many sellers in this hobby unfortunately...

I have often wondered how sellers make money by busting new product - if they have managed it this time around then good news for them. Ebay has been the death of many sellers in this hobby unfortunately...

Exactly, and when someone mentions that sellers are making HUGE profits from x series then they have to be belted over the head, slapped around and given a kick up the az and told what a load of bollocks....:v:

I've noticed over the years that there has always been a big spending spree from collectors on Ebay when the new product is released, if buyers are willing to pay high prices then so be it and good luck to those that try to make a profit because they are few and far between. I prefer to buy boxes over the counter and go for the set that way as well as trading off doubles for cards I need, after all this is supposed to be a hobby which is primarily for pleasure. Some people need to be reminded of this.:v:

flip flop what is your ebay username/store just wondering if i have purchased from you before and would like to see what stock you have?

Regards chris

I reckon the prices that sellers have on ebay or quite justified!

I bought 3 boxes as part of a case share and i am nowhere near any full sets of anything, so i either pay for some individual cards to fill the void or buy more boxes!

That is why we have this site available for anyone that wants to trade!

Lol... You already have... hence the cousins comment...

---------- Post added 05-03-2010 at 11:26 PM ----------

So then selling cards is a hobby then? Sounds like she does it for fun, no need to then going attacking the OP.

I reckon the prices that sellers have on ebay or quite justified!

I bought 3 boxes as part of a case share and i am nowhere near any full sets of anything, so i either pay for some individual cards to fill the void or buy more boxes!

That is why we have this site available for anyone that wants to trade!

you bought 3 boxes and didnt get any sets? I am surprised by this (unless your not counting the basic sets?).
I normally buy 2 boxes and fall just short of 3 standard sets.

Unfortunately the last few years I have had to buy the singles I want as I have been overseas at time of release and cant get boxes sent to me.

also, i apologise for getting the best of best ratio incorrect.

Flip flop raises a good point. I sell on ebay and get stung by the monthly fees but thats the way it goes. You are right when you say people want to buy something for nothing. Doesn't work like that. Best of the Best are one in two boxes, and if you want a particular card that is hard to pull, you should expect to pay a decent price. I have bought cards for over $300, and that because I make $26 an hour.

seems that flip flop is not prepared to reveal her ebay identity... Worried that due to her aggression people may avoid her?

Back
Top Bottom