anyone else think profit margins for 2010 champions are huge?

Darpy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
I know its the first week of release and prices will inevitably drop, but have others noticed how ridiculous some ebay sellers are with their profit margins?

e.g. Meng was doing his case share offering boxes for around $82 each. In that box you are gauranteed a best of the best which is on ebay for $40+, a rookie $20+, star gem $20+ and 2 x revelations $10+ each

thats $100 right there before selling off the Force 5 sigs, the set and the holo guernseys.

Now before someone jumps in, this isnt slagging people off for taking some initiative, but it does say 2 things:

1. good on select for increasing the quality of the product without increasing the price.
2. people will cotton onto this and i anticipate a flood of cards as BIN that will go unsold on ebay, and eventually a massive price drop

just opening for discussion as curious as to what others think.

Arent Best of the Best 1 in 2 boxes?

---------- Post added 04-03-2010 at 11:10 PM ----------

86 is a good price for a box. But if you got a box without the Diamond Best of the Best you would be lucky to get your money back if you got top dollar for everything.

Yeah prices will drop dramatically. I will wait for a few months to pick up most of the crows inserts I need.

Same here a month or so before i go for my Power cards... Ill wait till draft rookies half to around $10 each seeing as i have 3 to get...
Looking at your prices id expect them to half, except mayb some of the best of the bests, id expect them to stay around $30

I know its the first week of release and prices will inevitably drop, but have others noticed how ridiculous some ebay sellers are with their profit margins?

e.g. Meng was doing his case share offering boxes for around $82 each. In that box you are gauranteed a best of the best which is on ebay for $40+, a rookie $20+, star gem $20+ and 2 x revelations $10+ each

thats $100 right there before selling off the Force 5 sigs, the set and the holo guernseys.

Now before someone jumps in, this isnt slagging people off for taking some initiative, but it does say 2 things:

1. good on select for increasing the quality of the product without increasing the price.
2. people will cotton onto this and i anticipate a flood of cards as BIN that will go unsold on ebay, and eventually a massive price drop

just opening for discussion as curious as to what others think.

Have never seen such an ignorant post on here. You expect sellers to give away cards? Such a shame that some of them want to make 10-15% profit, and yes thats about as much as the majority can make. Do you have any idea what ebay fees are per month? Do you know how much cut they also want if something sells? And what about the fees from the next month and the next, because tightarses like you and many others want stuff for nothing.
Have you ever thought how long it takes to break packs, sort, scan and list? NO you have no idea.

Have never seen such an ignorant post on here. You expect sellers to give away cards? Such a shame that some of them want to make 10-15% profit, and yes thats about as much as the majority can make. Do you have any idea what ebay fees are per month? Do you know how much cut they also want if something sells? And what about the fees from the next month and the next, because tightarses like you and many others want stuff for nothing.
Have you ever thought how long it takes to break packs, sort, scan and list? NO you have no idea.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Come on mate it was just an observation.

Besides, if card sellers are not making enough money then they always have the option of going out and getting another job.

Have you thought about how long it takes to drive to work, to put in a solid 8 - 9 hours a day and front up day in day out? Well probably. We all have jobs mate. Don't have to make it sound like card selling is the pits of the universe.

Come on mate it was just an observation.

Besides, if card sellers are not making enough money then they always have the option of going out and getting another job.

Have you thought about how long it takes to drive to work, to put in a solid 8 - 9 hours a day and front up day in day out? Well probably. We all have jobs mate. Don't have to make it sound like card selling is the pits of the universe.
"

"

This is a joke right??? Those prices are dirt cheap, this is what flip slop is getting at, at least she has half an idea because it doesnt sound like many others on here do....

BESIDES, select dont want you to buy cards off ebay, they want you to buy packs... and why should sellers on ebay give you something for nothing... ridiculous thread!!( obviously written by someone who doesnt earn more then $4.95 an hour)

i think yours is infact the ignorant post. I wasnt having a go at sellers at all, as I specifically state in the post (read it again).
I was MERELY POINTING OUT the profit margins that exist at this time of the year, and the fact they get higher when select betters the product without increasing the price.

It seems a few in here missed the point, I KNOW u wait a few months, i said that.

the gist of the post was, its a better time than in the past to be a seller, and i think this will inevitably entice others into the market, was curious what others thought of this.

i think yours is infact the ignorant post. I wasnt having a go at sellers at all, as I specifically state in the post (read it again).
I was MERELY POINTING OUT the profit margins that exist at this time of the year, and the fact they get higher when select betters the product without increasing the price.

It seems a few in here missed the point, I KNOW u wait a few months, i said that.

the gist of the post was, its a better time than in the past to be a seller, and i think this will inevitably entice others into the market, was curious what others thought of this.

Your thread title implies you are having a crack at sellers for making huge profit margins.
As for the "its a better time than in the past to be a seller" it's worse than it ever has been, with all the idiots dumping things for half their value. Fortunately these tools will run out of stock much quicker than those trying to run a genuine business. I have seen many sellers come and go over the past 7 years, most of them think they will start up and make a fortune, they soon come crashing back to earth, most only last 12-18 months.

Guys just a gentle reminder to keep the thread on topic and no personal attacks. The next personal attack regardless of who it is will get a short break from the site.

yeah but mate, your initial post was wrong.
it was pointed out in the next post, the best of the best's are 1 in 2 boxes,
not 1 per box, so if you recalculate that then you probably wouldn't of started the thread in the first place as it doesn't work out much at all.

wow alot of useless abuse going on here, i think some people seriously need to chill.
Seems like abuse is just being thrown or flip flopped around!

I know if i was a new member on the site with minimal posts and 0 trades,
i would not be having a go at others as i have seen in the thread.

But just my personal opinion ...
On a side note cards look pretty nice this year, pitty i cant track any packs down yet!

wow alot of useless abuse going on here, i think some people seriously need to chill.
Seems like abuse is just being thrown or flip flopped around!

I know if i was a new member on the site with minimal posts and 0 trades,
i would not be having a go at others as i have seen in the thread.

But just my personal opinion ...
On a side note cards look pretty nice this year, pitty i cant track any packs down yet!

Pretty sure your avatar to the right was once flip floped!! ;) just because someone doesnt have many post or trades doesnt mean they havent been online reading for a long time..nor does it mean they have no exp.

Never mentioned new to the hobby or collecting, was in regards to this forum.
I know i would not deal with someone who comes across strong and agressive over a small comment, in what is their only first few posts to the site. Seems like you two go hand in hand.

Not sure what Cousins has to do with this topic .. usually gets dragged in when others really have nothing to say ... but hey i guess he is one of the greats ;)

Back
Top Bottom