Any opportunities to meet AFL players thread

yeah they were in Warragul bout a week ago. I meet Pendlebury up this way bout 3 or 4 times and Swanny a couple of times to. I know the Pies VFL team is playing in morwell in about a month or so which is also a good way to catch up with some players.

I'm not sure about the clubs in Victoria but the Swans and GWS both have team days where you get to meet the players and get photos and autographs. There are usually open training sessions too! The NAB games at the start of the season are also a great way to meet the players.

Jared Brennan ran out today for the Cairns City Lions for the annual mother's day game. Apparently Jarrod Harbrow, Jack Martin and possibly Charlie Dixon (its sorta his old junior club - Redlynch Lions merged with Cairns City Cobras a couple years back) were in attendance. The team is coached by Jarrod's brother Marc Harbrow.

Apparently Brennan might be back for the annual indigenous game "Dreamtime by the Sea".

Essendon has been really good this year after moving into the new facilities. Open training sessions at least twice a week and a great opportunity to see players and have a chat. VFL matches are also frequented by AFL listed players etc

I'm not sure about the clubs in Victoria but the Swans and GWS both have team days where you get to meet the players and get photos and autographs. There are usually open training sessions too! The NAB games at the start of the season are also a great way to meet the players.
yeah most Vic AFl clubs have family fun days. Ive been to a few collingwood 1's. Free to get in and get to meet all the players and coaches. My son did a auskick clinic with Bucks and Gavin Brown.

On a side note, Sheedy and a couple of others r heading to Moe for the footy this weekend. Sheedys is Moe's #1 ticket holder this year.

Some of the times we have caught up with players

The daughter with Leon Davis at Collingwood family day.

The missus with Dids in Traralgon

The son and I with Hafey in traralgon

The kidlets with Swanny in Traralgon

A pre tatted up Swanny

And again my son with Goldsack and Blair

Last edited:
Jared Brennan ran out today for the Cairns City Lions for the annual mother's day game. Apparently Jarrod Harbrow, Jack Martin and possibly Charlie Dixon (its sorta his old junior club - Redlynch Lions merged with Cairns City Cobras a couple years back) were in attendance. The team is coached by Jarrod's brother Marc Harbrow.

Apparently Brennan might be back for the annual indigenous game "Dreamtime by the Sea".

Can still wow the crowd

2Y9RDhj.jpg

Did you ask bernie what type of animal it is that is growing out of his head?
lol i did actually get to have a good chat to Vince about a few things ie the jump over to Melbourne, Roos and the difference between being a player in Vic compared to SA. He was 1 of the nicest players ive meet.

Mate told me a Hawks player lives around Murrumbeena (near Oakleigh, SE of Melbourne), we've already had a guy who used to play for Hawks, and is now a sun play for Beena, as well as Matt Thomas. Told Shaun Burgoyne might be living in Beena. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom