All Star Voting 2006

Keep this post HOT!

We're gonna do what China did for Yao!!!!

Only 1 prob, only allowed 1 vote per IP address per 24 hour periods...

he he he, fwd the link to EVERYONE we know!! LMAO!

Why is Magloire on the West Centers?

Here are my votes based on favorites:

WEST

Forwards
Tim Duncan
Tracy McGrady

Guards
Steve Nash
Tony Parker

Center
Yao Ming

EAST

Forwards
LeBron James
Richard Jefferson

Guards
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter

Center
Andrew Bogut

EAST

Forwards
LeBron James
Richard Jefferson

Guards
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter

Center
Andrew Bogut

Sure that's not your New Jersey Nets dream team kidd? :wink:

Magloire would've still been with New Orleans when the ballots were printed up, before he got traded to Milwaukee. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if he was voted as West starter though.

Damn those West forwards. I could choose 7-8 from there (T-Mac, Dirk, Gasol, AK47, KG, Duncan, Amare, Matrix).

BTW - Magloire is now in East Conference.

My votes -

East
Guards - Wade, Francis
Forwards - Dwighty, LeBron
Centre - Boges (even though I really want Shaq)

West (All-International)
Guards - Nash, Parker
Forwards - Dirk, Pau
Centre - Yao

may go the Magic route in another vote. (Francis, Nelson, Dwighty, Hill, w/ Bogut)

Here are mine

West:
Forward: Shawn Marion, Tracy McGrady
Guards: Eddie Jones, Steve Nash
Center: Yao Ming

East
Forwards: Lebron James, Jermaine O'neal
Guards: Dwyane Wade, Michael Redd
Center: Shaquille'O neal

Sorry guys, had to choose shaq over bogut.

i chose Shaq as well over Bogut. I can't believe Zo wasn't put in the ballot though!! Seriously, so far he's put up 12 ppg, 8 rpg and 3.5 bpg this season as the STARTING centre of the Heat. Shaq hasn't even been in the season. Other dodgy centres got nominated for the ballot who haven't done ANYTHING yet like Jeff Foster, seriously, that's not fair!

Zo was nominated last year and he finished about 5th in voting for the centres as he's still VERY popular and this year making noise around the league, he's already had 4 double doubles, 12 ppg, 8 rpg and leading the league in blocks you'd think he'd at least get nominated.

Jeff Foster??!!

What's with Pierce being a Forward!
Hey Jimbo, you can add an extra player vote for your favourite player if he doesn't appear in the list at the bottom of the ballot. I put my vote for Zo in there.

Man some of the positions are messed up. T-Mac is a Forward for the West and I wanted Amare and Matrix!

i agree mate, it is messed up. i don't mind that Zo isn't going to be an all-star, but at least put him in the ballot, jeff foster for example hasn't even played and he's in there?? Maybe it's because Shaq is from the Heat so they can't have so many from the same team.. :S

i know KG, but all-star appearances are for those who have played the best during the season. it's not about following or popularity, if shaq is in his 20th season and is putting up 10 and 5 but is more popular than young guy putting up 23 and 12 and shaq gets voted in then i'll be angry at that too.

I'd so much prefer to see players in the game who will WOW the croud, after all, we're the important ones here!!

I mean, it's nothing like the old days how it was all East V West, and stuff, I mean yeah they still compete, but it's turning more towards entertainment if anything, and it's great to see all the crazy stuff players wouldnt do in a regular seasoned game aye!!!

Yep. Agreed. The purpose of the All Star Weekend is to entertain. But Jimbo has a point- if you've played really well throughout the season, they deserve to be there... but it's like Aus Idol.. the fans decide.

But personally, I'd rather see the big stars play than a good noobie. :p

kidd05 said:
Yep. Agreed. The purpose of the All Star Weekend is to entertain. But Jimbo has a point- if you've played really well throughout the season, they deserve to be there... but it's like Aus Idol.. the fans decide.

But personally, I'd rather see the big stars play than a good noobie. :p

i agree with you, but in this case, guys like Zo, are not noobies. Guys like Jeff Foster, ARE noobies. Zo is a 7 time all-star, a few more times to honour his career wouldn't be too bad and when it comes to rejections and inside dunks, Zo is near the top in the league.

i just feel sorry for the guys who don't get voted All-Stars often despite performing at such a high level, guys in the last few seasons like Mike Bibby, C-Webb, Steve Francis, Shawn Marion and Antawn Jamison (prior to last season), Marcus Camby etc.

Yeah, but that's just not the way it goes. Didn't Yao start instead of Shaq in last year's one? There are WAY to many good superstars to fit them all in one team.

How many times has Zo been an all-star?

Back
Top Bottom