All Australian Team

wolvesjr34

Morrow Super Collector
Real Name
AJ
eBay User
wolvesjr34
Maybe - wait I am - incredibly biased... but HOW THE HELL DID BRAD JOHNSON BEAT BUDDY FRANKLIN INTO THE FORWARD LINE????

Cannot complain about other selections so far.... but thats ridiculous... :mad:

Add to that that Neither Franklin nor Mitchell made the bench - OMG thats INCREDIBLY F***ED UP!!!!

Maybe - wait I am - incredibly biased... but HOW THE HELL DID BRAD JOHNSON BEAT BUDDY FRANKLIN INTO THE FORWARD LINE????

Add to that that Neither Franklin nor Mitchell made the bench - OMG thats INCREDIBLY F***ED UP!!!!

im suprised about that also.

bloody geelong though, all of their nominated players made the team!

do you think if the blues wouldve had a better season, Andrew Carrazzo wouldve made the 22? I do.....

Brad Johnson was good early in the season but towards the end of the season he was pretty average. Buddy Franklin was a dominant forward for a team that won more games. I tend to agree with you wolvesjr34....

talk about a sour loser comment.

Uhhh no.... nevermind the fact Franklin had a bigger year than Cam Mooney... I recognised that Mooney was the general of geelong forward line so I didn't question his inclusion...

my comment comes from pure loathing of Geelong... I was debating in my head who I loathed more Geelong or Collingwood...

This year I've decided Geelong...

and since we beat Geelong this year its especially not sore loserish.... cos I am happy with my team - they haven't under achieved for years in a row :)

Uhhh no.... nevermind the fact Franklin had a bigger year than Cam Mooney... I recognised that Mooney was the general of geelong forward line so I didn't question his inclusion...

my comment comes from pure loathing of Geelong... I was debating in my head who I loathed more Geelong or Collingwood...

This year I've decided Geelong...

and since we beat Geelong this year its especially not sore loserish.... cos I am happy with my team - they haven't under achieved for years in a row :)

thats true we always seem to choke on the big event thats why am not saying anything until the end. yes u did beat us but thats b4 geelong pull their head and won 16 out of 17 games.

Here is the Team

Backs: Matthew Scarlett (Geelong), Darren Glass (West Coast), Darren Milburn (Geelong)

Half-backs: Andrew McLeod (Adelaide, captain), Matthew Egan (Geelong), Campbell Brown (Hawthorn)

Centres: Kane Cornes (Port Adelaide), Jimmy Bartel (Geelong), Chad Cornes (Port Adelaide)

Half-forwards: Steve Johnson (Geelong), Jonathan Brown (Brisbane Lions, vice-captain), Brent Harvey (Kangaroos)

Forwards: Brad Johnson (West Bulldogs), Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle), Cameron Mooney (Geelong)

Rucks: Dean Cox (West Coast), Daniel Kerr (West Coast), Gary Ablett (Geelong)

Interchange: Brendon Lade (Port Adelaide), Dustin Fletcher (Essendon), Joel Corey (Geelong), Cameron Ling (Geelong)

I agree that Buddy should be there instead of Johnson and I dislike Hawthorn, Great to See the 9 Cats in the side especially Milburn who doesn't get the credit he is due. I just hope they can win the GF, as gemz said won't be getting cocky until we win it.

thats true we always seem to choke on the big event thats why am not saying anything until the end. yes u did beat us but thats b4 geelong pull their head and won 16 out of 17 games.

Fact is Geelong should win it all and if it coems down to them v Port I'll cheer them on cos I loateh Port more lol - but you have to admit 9 players in the AA Team is a bit rich - I think the benchwarmers shouldn't have been in the side... Sam Mitchell SHOULD have been in the side as with Buddy Franklin - I don't think Hodge should have made it - so that doesn't disappoint.

It's just an incredibly biased decision since Geelong plays exceptional team football.... but thats just me.... in the end all I care is how this year builds Hawks for next year.

Fact is Geelong should win it all and if it coems down to them v Port I'll cheer them on cos I loateh Port more lol - but you have to admit 9 players in the AA Team is a bit rich - I think the benchwarmers shouldn't have been in the side... Sam Mitchell SHOULD have been in the side as with Buddy Franklin - I don't think Hodge should have made it - so that doesn't disappoint.

It's just an incredibly biased decision since Geelong plays exceptional team football.... but thats just me.... in the end all I care is how this year builds Hawks for next year.

u maybe right they may have more geelong players due to the season standing. i think they pick 9 geelong players due to the teamwork geelong have shown in the whole season.

Firstly, the All Australian team should be IMO done without the squad of 40 players, and they should also have a state for WA, SA, VIC and the Allies as well.

I would think that Brad Johnson is in the team as a smallish marking forward, as Franklin would be considered as a tall forward.

While the All Australian team is a award team it still needs to make a sense; you can have a front line of Franklin, Pavlich and Mooney, but you wouldnt do it in a game, unless you have a stream of midfielders following the ball in to crumb the dropped marks.

Franklin also doesnt have the years of form behind him that Johnson does; I know the team is picked purely on this year and this year only, but in all honestly, it happens, and it happens in the NBA too (the all star team benches and the all nba teams) and probably every 'all star' team in team sport.

Honestly, with the midfielders in the All Australian team you pick about 10 names and from that you could put them in bucket and pick 6 random names out and you would be right; there is always going to players who fully deserve to be picked (Mitchell and Foley come to mind as does Nigel Lappin), but while that is the case can you honestly say Ablett, Kerr, Bartel and the Cornes Bros. dont deserve their spots.?

Also IMO players who have shown the ability to move to the forward or defense from the midfield (ie Harvey, Ling, Corey, even Lade) will probably win over players such Mitchell, Nigel Lappin and Foley who are solely on ballers.

9 players from Geelong is pretty rich (and im a Geelong supporter) but who do you take out? Mooney with Franklin coming in? Ling (who i think is in the team as the no.1 tagger, although Kane Cornes could be) /Corey for Mitchell and Foley? Ablett, Bartel and Johnson all deserve their spots and nobody can honestly say they don't, and Scarlett, Milburn (an example of a player who has earned his possie in this team with a few years of great play) and Egan all deserve their respective spot as well.

In regard to Collingwood not having any players, Eddie has whinged enough for everyone on the planet who feels that they were robbed, but they only nominated 2 players; Travis Cloke and Tarkyn Lockyer from memory and who do you take to slot them in?

Carrazzo played pretty well, but honestly, and this applies to Foley as well, your always going to take a player who has played in a top 4 team (such as Ling, Kerr or Corey) over a player who has done similiar things for a team who struggled to win a game.

As for Geelong 'always' choking, to make a Grand Final, you have to win at least 2 finals and that includes Prem Finals, which are pretty big days.

The talk that Geelong always chokes doesnt really apply to these guys; sure they sucked last year, but so did Port, Hawthorn and the Kangas and the last 2 finals they lost by a total of 2 goals, and in close games that would only give them experience.

A lot of good players missed out because of Geelong, Mitchell, Franklin, Hodge, Carazzo, Adcock and more. Pretty surprised with Mcleod as captain, don't think his season warranted captaincy, shoulda been JB, Ablett or Harvey.

As a pies supporter I can honestly say other than Heathy Shaw who was crippled with a shocking corkie late in the season (and is still playing injured) we didn't deserve anyone in the All Aus team... if Heath wasn't injured late he would have been a moral and made the side comfortably.

As a pies supporter I can honestly say other than Heathy Shaw who was crippled with a shocking corkie late in the season (and is still playing injured) we didn't deserve anyone in the All Aus team... if Heath wasn't injured late he would have been a moral and made the side comfortably.

Yeah i thought he was very stiff along with Buddy.

Back
Top Bottom