Akermanis!

Its news scott, i know you dont get electricity out in sticksville , but he was just axed from the lions team this week for form and disciplinary reasons......if you wait another 4 hours the carrier pidgeon should drop the message to you.

aker would have to be the biggest wanker in afl and thats coming from a lions supporter. hang on in australia. no hang on mundine is. second biggest wanker

Mundine == Akermanis :) same big mouth, same stupid attitude

maybe we should put aka in the ring with The Green Machine :D

also a lions supporter n also think hes a tosser... he could be such a better player if he just worried bout damn-well playin footy

bargey said:
3 flags & A Brownlow, what a loser indeed.

aker is one the of the most talented players of all time, when hes on his game. his off field antics have tarnished that somewhat though which is a shame. aker never struck me as a great team player, he reminds me of steve francis: talented as hell but arrogant and egotistical to an extent.

cant say im a big fan of his but i will always remember his efforts at the gabba last year against the cats in belting rain. One of the best individual performances ive seen. Kicked this unbeleivable goal that should of got goal of the year and than he kicked it again from the same position to proove it wasnt a fluke.
he needs a game or two on the sidlines though :eek:

Akers big problem i think is that hes all about Aker obviously not wanting to be a Brisbane next year and is tryin to piss people off ( its working Aker!! ) his big problem is are other teams happy to put up with his S***

JZA said:
aker is one the of the most talented players of all time, when hes on his game. his off field antics have tarnished that somewhat though which is a shame. aker never struck me as a great team player, he reminds me of steve francis: talented as hell but arrogant and egotistical to an extent.

Right on the money there Jezza...

Unfortunatley all this will hurt his future reputation...ie. When he retires he will be remembered for being a dick rather than a great footballer!

Up until now he has also been answerable only to himself and has had no one to pull him into line. And by that I mean he is his own manager...whereas most players use a player management company.
The team has put up with his outspoken media appearances/comments whilst they (and Akermanis) have been successful on the field. Now they are re-building for the future he no longer has to be tolerated.

Aker may run his mouth of, but he backs it up. He's one of my favourite players in the comp, at least he says something different, not just "we're happy to get the four points", "we're just taking it one week at a time", "they're a good side, we knew they'd come out fired up" etc etc

I'd much rather hear Aker say "he had them on their toes like the cross-eyed javelin thrower" than that repetitive rubbish.

And as much as opposition supporters hate him, he is a phenomenal player, at his best there are very few better.

Back
Top Bottom