AFL Select Honours 1 Box Giveaway

The Essendon Football Club!! The early 90's was an era I am proud to say I grew up apart of! witnessing first hand the Baby Bombers rip apart the competition still excites me today. Hird, Long, Misiti, Mercuri, Olarenshaw I struggle to pick a favorite and that team is the reason I will always support the Bombers.

My Favourite team is Hawthorn, I have always barracked for them and I have no words for the passion i have for this team :) It makes me feel awesome when they win and bad when they lose.

Favourite players: I have a few favourite players my first is definitely Luke Hodge, ever since he gave me a little footy at the end of the game when we won a game in 2007 against Essendon. He is the 'Spiritual Leader' and he influences the game and also a Star player.

Scott Pendlebury: I love watching Scott Pendlebury he has silky skills and when he has the ball he seems to have more time than anyone on the ground. He stands up when it matters.

Jack Gunston: Just recently, Jack Gunston has become one of my favourite players. He can do anything like take a screamer like he did last night, kick a running goal and he is a dead-eye in front of goal on a set-shot.

Favourite moment: I attended the Preliminary final between Hawthorn and Geelong (2013) and it was an amazing free flowing game. I thought Hawthorn was not going to make the grand final at 3 quarter time 20 points down and knowing the history between these 2 sides but i still had hope. In the last quarter when hawthorn clawed their way back goal by goal and when Shaun Burgoyne Kicked the goal the Crowd went Nuts!!! The game had an amazing atmosphere and I was almost crying at the end, thats how happy I was.

Finally, (sorry for the long post) but I really hope I win this box as where I live (Bendigo) we don't get Select Series 2 here.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Favourite team: North Melboune.
Favourite player: Wayne Carey, the greatest center half forward of all time. So many time he willed the roos to victory with archer, stevo, mckerane, Martin.
Favourite moment: It bought a lot of joy to the people of north melbourne when the roos won the 1996 and 1999 grand finals. The 1996 final broke an almost 20 year drought. Great childhood memories.

Last edited:
1995 Grand Final, travelled to Geelong as a kid and stayed in Geelong for the Grand Final. Even though I didn't attend the game and we didn't win, the journey to get to the grand final was just as good. Two weeks later as part of the Flying Start tour run by 'Ricky Nixon' ..... I was able to see/meet Gary Ablett who came to the Myer Centre in Adelaide with James Hird. I met Gary and James that day and showed Ablett the pics of the team getting loaded into the bus which I took at Kardinia Park two weeks prior. He didn't expect anyone in Adelaide to have these pics let alone tell him a story about how someone from Adelaide who was just a kid, had gone across to support the Cats in a Grand Final. Those two weeks were amazing and even though the cats had lost their 4th grand final in 6 years - the pain only meant the joy of winning 07 09 and 11 which I attended all were awesome moments.

This is my favourite team, player and moment!

Favorite Team: Hawthorn Hawks
Favorite Player: Luke Hodge
Favorite Moment: One of the last home games at Waverly Park, Hawthorn vs Collingwood. Aged 13, Played a quick 9 holes before the game on a par 3 course near by with my brother. Shot a hole in one which was awesome, went to the game sat in the front row on the wing and it bucketed down halfway through the 2nd qtr. In the 3rd qtr, Shane Crawford took a one handed specky over Gavin Brown in the wet right in front of us! Simply Brillant!

My favorite team is the mighty Adelaide Crows
My favorite player is Daniel Talia. Such a young, great talent. Always keeps the other teams best forward out of the match (kept roughead scoreless yesterday) I think he's going to all-Australian worthy very soon.
My favorite moments are:
Crows beating port this year, such a sweet, sweet victory
Crows come-back against north Melbourne last year, and my man Sammy Kerridge kicking five goals
The 2012 season for the crows. We came second that season and had some great victories against good opposition

Favourite team: Western Bulldogs
Favourite player would have to be a tossup between Chris Grant and Brad Johnson, slightly leaning towards Granty
and my favourite moment was that famous win over the Bombers of 2000. Essendon suffered their only loss for the year at the hands of the doggies, and in particular Chris Grant's matchwinning left foot snap from the boundary.

Favourite/Most hated team: Richmond
Fave moment: Going to training in the mid 90s, and running up to Richo as he hopped into his car, asking him to sign a card for me - he agreed, but I had lost my pen... :confused: he got out of his car, went into the club rooms, came back with a text and signed the card for me :thumbsup: :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Favourite Team: Geelong
Favourite player: Gary Ablett Snr, Jnr / Jimmy Bartel / Joel Selwood / Jonathan Brown and many more!
My favourite moment: 1st quarter of the 2007 grand final, Big Brad Ottens chases down the speedy Michael Pettigrew and when this happened I knew Geelong was going to win there 1st Grand final in 44 years. It showed how determined all the players were to win that grand Final.

Another was one of my first few games I had been to, was at the MCG and Gary Ablett Snr had kicked 14 goals against Richmond.
and his last goal was right in front of me on the boundary. Awesome!

again thanks for the competition
my favourite team is collingwood......but only because of loyalty, because that's who i grew up supporting... but i love watching good football and dont care if collingwood are involved or not.....
favourite football moment is when the afL world came together as one for the great ted whitten and continually help support cancer with the e.j whitten game yearly... this has special significance to me as i lost my father recently to this silent killer and now as a male are more aware of the tests we can all get done......
thanks for the competition

Favorite team is the mighty Essendon Bombers. I was always a massive Mark Harvey fan, especially his efforts as a young pup in the 1984 & 1985 grand finals. I even still think I have my little bombers jumper with #38 on the back :thumbsup:

Awesome comp!

Favourite team: Melbourne
Player: All-time (my lifetime): David Schwartz/Brad Green. Current: Lyndon Dunn/Nathan Jones.
Moment: Been so many great moments for and against us that I have witnessed...but I have to go with our defeats of Carlton and Essendon this year. It's been a very emotional year for me as I used to go to the footy with my Dad nearly every week, but he passed away in May last year. The last game we went to together was Melbourne/Carlton in 2013...and we got dominated. So I went this year and sat in our seats and just watching the improvement in the team as we took down Carlton a year later was something I'll never forget. Likewise our come back against Essendon. I have found it hard to go to the footy as often now Dad isn't around, but I went to that game and the emotion was simply amazing, watching the kids triumph through all the adversity.

I've seen Neitz kick bags, Farmer take speckies, Woewoedin rip it up. 100 point victories. Sampi take mark of the year on us. I've been to the last 10 Grand Finals....but none of this matches the 2 things above due to the emotions and meaning behind it watching the Dees finally starting to move in the right direction, with Dad missing out on it...

Good luck to all :D

I'm not really an afl fan
But my favourite team would have to be the Sydney swans
Favourite player adam goodes or buddy franklin being an indigenous kid you really look up to people like them making a living for themselves and all so standing up to racism

Fav Team: North Melbourne
Fav Player: Brent Harvey
Fav Moment: Jason McCartney comeback game. The only time I've shed a tear over a football game. To me, his triumph over adversity epitomises the shinboner spirit and what makes the North Melbourne football club great. When he came on and kicked that goal in the last to bring us within a kick, I had the biggest lump in my throat and I knew the boys wouldn't let him down from there.

Fave Team: Geelong
Fave Player: Gary Ablett / Stevie Motlop / Matty Scarlett
Fave Moment:2009 Grand Final - The Toepoke!

Favourite team- Adelaide Crows
Favourite Player- Rory Sloane/Matt Crouch
Favourite Moment- seeing Adelaide Crows go Back to Back but also seeing Andrew McLeod winning back to back Normsmith Medals. Another favorite moment was seeing the Roo tie with Buckley and goodesy for the Brownlow Medal

Thanks for the comp and good luck to everyone who has entered so far

Awesome comp!!

Favourite Team- West Coast Eagles(I'm the only eagle supporter in my family, I live in Tasmania).

Favourite Player- Nic Naitanui & Elliot Yeo(from west coast) & fav player from another team is Gary Ablett(he is a champion!)

Favourite Afl Moment- watching the eagles play for the first time ever 2 years ago, was the best day of my life! I loved hearing that final siren go & hearing everybody belt out that theme song! :)

My favourite team is Carlton. No matter how bad we are going and even if things look useless; I stick by them. I bleed Navy Blue. Always have; Always will.
My favourite player of now is Chris Judd. He has achieved everything you can as a player through his skill and determination and although he hasn't got Carlton to a flag; we notice the difference when he isn't there.
My favourite player of all time is Anthony Koutoufides. He could single handedly win a game for Carlton in the dying moments and when it mattered and how many players could run with the ball in one hand... Also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and has time for everyone he meets.
Favourite moment would have to be 1995 Grand Final. Carltons best year, we beat a champion side like Geelong and Diesel played his heart out to win a Norm Smith; closely followed by Sticks and Brad Pearce. What a year ! Still sends a chill down my spine when I watch the replay !

Great comp guys great initiative my boys and I Support Melb fave player being Jones by my 6yr old and Howe by my 7 year old my fav memory watching Allan Jackovch any time he had the ball

Team: Port Adelaide always been in my blood.
Fav player today: Couldnt pick just 1 I love the young guys coming through. They all drink something different and is exciting to what they produce week after week. The pure brilliance of Whingard, the strength of Ollie wines in packs, the list goes on Impey, Polleck etc.
Favourite player from the past: Gavin Wanganeen. Everytime he was near the ball you could sence something was going to happen. The way he could twist his body inside out to grab marks, evade tackles is something no one else can replicate.
But I have a soft spot for Brendan Lade, played cricket with him when I was a junior. Can remember facing him for the first time, running in with is goofy run I couldnt help smiling and been a little distracted. Before I knew it the ball has hitting the back of the net, lets just say I wasnt expecting the shear pace good thing it wasnt aimed at my head. Great bloke on and off the football field.
Fav moment: thats easy 2004 GF to finally get 1 over Brisbane was a good feeling after they had taken the past 3 even though we ended up minor premiers 3 yrs in a row.
Thanks guys for comp.

Back
Top Bottom