AFL Select Honours 1 Box Giveaway

Favourite Team: West Coast Eagles

Favourite player: Beau Waters - True team man, selfless and puts his body on the line. Make a comeback in 2015 Beau!

Favourite moment: Besides the 2006 Grandfinal. The comeback kings game vs Geelong in 2006. 54 points down deep in the 3rd, great away win and some courageous acts!

Thanks for the comp, Good luck all. Very cool reading everyones post's.

Thanks for the gnarly comp!

My favourite team is the mighty Dockers!!

My favourite AFL moment was Justin Longmuirs goal game winning goal after the siren. The embrace with the crowd is an image that will always live on in Docker history.

good luck everyone!

To celebrate the launch of Select's newest release Honours. @Production

OzCardTrader is giving away a box of Select Honours 2014 to one very lucky member!

To win the box all you have to do is reply to this thread telling us all who your favourite team, player or footy moment is.
Your response must include a description of it (eg. can't just name the player)

Thanks also to @Mr Paparazzi for running a case share here - http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/2014-select-honours-case-break-share.168072/

We are planning doing a random draw for this box from the list of entrants at 9:00 PM on Thursday 24th July.

A huge thanks to all members for supporting this great collecting community!

Regards
The OzCardTrader Admin team!

image.jpg

Favourite team - Geelong

My favourite player is Gary Ablett Jnr. He is the best player I've seen since I began following football 20 years ago. He was my favourite at geelong, but I probably like him more now at the GC.

My favourite football moment was the 2011 afl grand final when geelong defeated Collingwood. In particular Jimmy Bartels goal from the boundary in the second quarter which got us back into the game. And after the game high-fiving Lingy, Selsy and Tom Lonergan. That day in its entirety was the favourite footy moment for me.

My fave team is: Hawthorn

Favourite player undoubtably is Sam Mitchell.

Sam to me is enjoyable to watch because of his awareness around stoppages, he'll be surrounded and sure to form sammy will rocket handball through congestion. He's the best short kick in the game off both pegs.(I'm biased) he a bit lippy and doesn't mind getting under opponents skins.

One of fave moments is when Lloyd flattened Sewell and Campbell Brown going nuts.

Favourite Team: Hawthorn Hawks
Favourite Player: Cyril Rioli - he's able to execute just about anything on the field in style and superb fashion.
Favourite Footy Moment: Being able to witness the 2008 and 2013 Grand Final victories. 2008 is unmatched, the buildup, the rivalry, the upset, all the ingredients for an all-time great moment.

Thanks to everyone behind the idea and good luck to all participants :)

Favourite Team: Hawthorn
Player: Lance Franklin, yes still, hearing the whole crowd draw breath when he goes near the ball is amazing.
Favourite moment: Being in the Melbourne section of VFL Park the day Jim Stynes ran over the mark in the 1987 Prelim final. Just will never forget it.

Thanks to all for the comp.

Favourite team: Port Adelaide Power
Favourite Player: Warren Tredrea, If he was a player in Victoria would have gone done as a modern best. Great leader, great guy to speak to and a bit of a character that people loved to hate which i think is missing in the current crop of AFL players
Favourite Moment/s: Was the 2004 grandfinal, watching chocco come down the stairs tie in hand doing the chocking symbol finally letting us off the hook for previous failures!

Awesome comp guys.

Favourite team is Collingwood.
Favourite player in Pendlebury.
Favourite moment from footy would probably have to be the Heath Shaw smoother on Rooey in the GF. Plays like that really show how much players want to win and that they should never give up.

Last edited:
Adelaide Crows, Andrew McLeod and his 1997 GF norm smith performance. Won us our first flag and it was something I will remember the rest of my life. Have never felt a feeling like that before.

Favourite team Collingwood
Favourite player Scott Pendlebury
Favourite Moment: Round 8 2002 - Colonial Stadium vs Brisbane Lions, A young magpies team announced themselves under the roof that night, it was the loudest I had ever heard the Dome. I remember walking out with the song being sung by fans over and over again down the long slopey exits. It made a West Australian Magpie Lover proud to be Black N White. Go you Pies Forever.

G'day guys, Newbie here. My son (8y/o) has just taken up footy cards and is footy card crazy, he is a lions supporter (his choice), i barrack for the saints (I'm not forcing him to barrack for mediocrity)
Anyway one of my best footy moments was in a GF when the saints drew (sob sob) with the pies. Being a day that he retires i find it fitting to mention the great man Lenny Hayes performance in this game, heres a bloke who single handedly picked us up off the canvas and put us within a vapour of a flag, although BJ did join in on the act. Hayes is in my mind on the same level as one "Banger" Harvey, and so these 2 are my favourite players of my supporting life.

Awesome comps on here guys will defiantly be a regular here now.

Good luck guys

Favourite team: Sydney Swans
Favourite player: Luke Parker or Kieren Jack
Favourite moment: Was a close one, was either going to be Jetta and Cyril running down the wing in the 2012 Grand final or Leo Barry's mark in the '05 Final.
But then I remembered Jetta's run down the ground against Collingwood in the 2012 finals series. It is my favourite moment by far, I remember screaming at the T.V in excitement, I just wish he had of taken another bounce ran in a bit further and kicked the guts out of it!

Favourite team : West Coast
Favourite player : Peter Matera
Favourite Moment: The grand final in 1992. Had a VHS tape of the game that i must have watched about 200 times as a kid!

favourite team is the north melbourne kangaroos and favourite player is brent harvey. Sensational that, at 36 years old, he's averaging the most disposals he ever has and is STILL getting tagged. I really hope he plays his 400th next year in Melbourne as it would be a monumental occasion

My Team: The might Magpies
Fav Player: Have a lace up Collingwood jumper with number 42 on the back, with a Darren Millane auto still on it.
Of the hundreds of Collingwood games I've seen over the last 30+ years, the clear favourite moment was Peter Daicos' goal in the final quarter of the drawn Qualifying Final versus West Coast at VFL Park in 1990.
The game was slipping away from the pies. The play started with a Millane bump on Worsfold, who all Pies supporters hated, the Gav Brown swoops in, gives it to Millane who handballs with his broken thumb to Daicos, who kicked the most ridiculous goal I've ever seen. The ball went through then almost bounced back into play. I was sitting almost directly behind it, and it still makes me smile every time I think about it.

Favourite Team: Western Bulldogs
Favourite Player: Marcus Bontempelli
Best Moment: When Marcus Bontempelli was under pressure and we were draw to Melbourne with 3 minutes left and he kicked a miracle goal on his opposite foot on the boundary line 25 meters out! What a champ!

Favourite Team- Adelaide Crows
Favourite Player- Patrick Dangerfield. I started collecting footy cards in 2008 when classic released his DPS. I remember picking it up for $20 initially and how things have changed lol! Danger by name and Dangerous by nature, Patty is always where the footy is and fights tooth and nail week in week out and never seeks the limelight he so richly deserves. A future Brownlow medallist and premiership captain.
Favourite Moment- The first Grand Final win in 1997, I was 11 at the time and it was the most memorable sporting result of my life. The whole town got into it and I still remember my brother playing the Crows Club Song on his trumpet down the street!

Favourite Team: North Melbourne
Favourite Player: Wayne Carey. Although his off field indiscretions shattered a champion club he on the field was one of the best.
Favourite Moment: 1976 Malcolm Blight's 80m Torpedo Punt to win the game after the siren at Princess Park against Carlton by just 5 points. Not to mention the mark he took for that kick was a one hander. One of AFL's greatest moments!

Favourite player : kane cornes = I love the way that he goes about his footy and he is 1 of the oldest players in the game to be getting 30 + disposals every week + getting the job done as a tagger

Favourite team : take a look to the left a bit

Favourite moment last showdown last year when wingard kicked that goal with like 4 seconds to go

thanks and good luck to all to entered

Back
Top Bottom