AFL Season 2007

I look forward to getting a 2007 card just like this one...
2006SelectAFLPremiersPC1.jpg

and another dvd set at the end of the year :p

That is a VERY cool card Justin (I want one) so I thought I would quote you so we could all see it again :D

And a decent ruckman, remember we relied on Cain Ackland as our main ruckman last year, never a good move..

If Gardiner's knees hold up, and he stays out of Jail we are a show...and its not like we are old, our core group is early 20s i dont know why everyone is saying we missed our chance...

And a decent ruckman, remember we relied on Cain Ackland as our main ruckman last year, never a good move..

If Gardiner's knees hold up, and he stays out of Jail we are a show...and its not like we are old, our core group is early 20s i dont know why everyone is saying we missed our chance...

I feel you have missed your chance. Andrew Thompson and Robert Harvey are 34 and 35 respectively. Im surprised in particular that Thompson stayed on for another year. Yes Gardiner is a good ruckman when he's right, and Clarke is a good tap ruckman (will only get 1 season out of him at best). Outside of Gardiner and Clarke who do you have for your ruck stocks? Umm lets see Kosi? :rolleyes: People will target him anyway because they'll see him as a soft target. If Gardiner and Clarke have injuries you're screwed. You are screwed long term anyway in that department.

Your midfield is respectable and mostly has younger players like: Luke Ball (not overly quick though), Dal Santo (Good lace out kicker), Lenny Hayes and throw in blokes like Milne and Baker, and you've got a reasonable team.

Remember though one of your best defenders Goose Maguire is out for a portion of the season already because of that injury last year. Aaron Hamill looked overweight last season and hardly played. Everyone picks your forward line setup when it is just Gehrig and Riewoldt cos Nick leads up the ground leaves Gehrig in the goalsquare and 4 or 5 people get back mop it up and thats the end of it.

I feel you need to get more out of those X and Raph for you guys to get any better. Only a top 8 chance AT BEST... I wouldn't be putting them anywhere near a premiership though.

Hamill is gone, fat, slow, useless, i wish he would leave, most over-rated player on the team.
We also have Barry Brooks and James Blake for the ruck, neither of which are overly tall but good around the ground

not having Maguire for the first half of the year will hurt, coz we dont have much else down back cept for Hudghton

and yes Thompson and Harvey are both senior citizens, but we dont overly rely on either of them

and every1 is forgetting that Goddard had a break out last year and will only get better next year

Matty - I like to back the underdog and the fact that the Saints have not won a GF since 1966 tends to have me hoping they will win one (soon). Personally I think you have had the right team for the last few years but add Michael Gardiner to that mix and it is even better ! He was a fantastic player for the West Coast Eagles so if he can stay out of trouble & injury free then I think you will be very pleased with where your team finishes (Top four for sure) :)

I am glad he (Gardiner) got another chance and I am sure he will go out of his way to perform in the field !

Don't worry mate I won't - I only have money on Adelaide at this stage :)
Did you know I am known as the sports Jinx, who-ever I bet on loses.......long story but I have a good record on jixing teams (lol).

hey richo did you put money on the mav's?

No I didn't have a look at the thread ! I had a huge 8 leg Multi that paid out (finally).....I had the Mav v Lakers game as the final leg and I took the Lakers :D

No love for the Hawks? After the way we finished last season, I think we'll have a sniff at the top 8!

A small chance at the top 8 mate

Adelaide
Sydney
St Kilda
West Coast
Fremantle
Melbourne

Then between Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond & Collingwood for the final 2 spots !

I'd like ot see more consistency from my team before I state a top 8 chance... I think we may push for top 10... but that won't be enough for finals.

Hopefully the Cats can get it together but with Steve Johnson already suspended it doesn't look good. I'm just hopeing for Finals footy.

Looking at Top 4 (any order)
Eagles
Swans
Freo
Bulldogs
Crows

Rest of top 8 any order
Cats
Tigers
Saints
Demons

Could Suprise
Bombers
Hawks
Lions
Port

No Chance
Carlton
Collingwood
Kangaroos

Just my opinion.

Is this an indication of how Hawthorn's season will go??

Article from Ninemsn.com.au
Hawthorn's Bailey suffers knee injury
Wednesday Jan 10 19:41 AEDT
Promising Hawthorn ruckman Max Bailey has suffered a season-ending knee injury during a routine training drill.

The 18-year-old Bailey was carried off the ground after colliding with a teammate.

Scans later confirmed he had ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and would require a reconstruction.

"Max is an exciting young player and the club was looking forward to seeing him progress in 2007 in ruck support to Robert Campbell and Simon Taylor," said Hawthorn's general manager of football operations Mark Evans.

"As unfortunate as this is for Max, it will give some of the young developing ruckmen an opportunity to play senior football during the year."

Bailey made his senior debut late in 2006, playing four AFL games in his debut year.

He was selected at No.18 by the Hawks in the 2005 national draft.

Hawthorn's No.1 rucking position is up for grabs following Peter Everitt's departure to Sydney.

That is SAD NEWS for ANY PLAYER - I am sorry to read that....I hope he recovers well ! I have had a knee recon on each knee so I know what he is about to go through :(

poor Max, that won't help the hawks causes either - they're already struggling for quality big men and the kid sounds like he could been good support in that area for them in 07.
knee injuries suck ass, i retore my medial collatteral ligament in my right knee last week playin soccer(did it in '05 too). no sport for 8 weeks #-o

It could be worse Justin - It could have been a re-tear of your ACL after 2 recons (which is what I did last year) = No sports ANYMORE !!

Now I umpire cricket and ref Touch Football occasionally and that's it :(

Back
Top Bottom