AFL Season 2007

Richo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
Richo75
Thought I might start this thread up for the AFL fans here :)

The cricket season is almost over so I am starting to look at what AFL games to go to this year. I am still buzzing from being at the West Coast Eagle's victory in the AFL Grand Final last year so I hope they go as well again but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be Adelaide & St Kilda this year ?!? What do you guys think ???

i fear my beloved crows may have past their prime and the vets are now entering the twilight of their careers. i have no doubt we will still go far in the finals but against younger fitter teams like the saints, WC, sydney and the WB we will have our work cut out.

i really hope an underdog like WB can go all the way this year, that would be cool, anything but those goddamn eagles winning back to back :mad:

the Eagles will be preety hard to beat this year, at the start of the season i would predict them going back to back.

Hoping my Demons can finish top 4 this year as we have come 5th the last two season and that has killed out finals chances. I think we can make top 4 too, our youngsters are coming along nicely and if Brock McLean, Colin Sylvia and Brent Moloney stay injury free that will help for a dominate midfield display.

I also predict the Bombers to make a move this year, perhaps make the 8.

Kangaroos will be down in the dumps and they will be competing with Carlton for the spoon. Their both have too young rosters but alot of talent, alot of talent. Carlton has got the last 2 years 1st pick and have gone for the best player available in the draft.

my top 4 would be
West Coast
Adelaide
Melbourne
St Kilda
than
Sydney
WB
Fremantle
Essendon

to round off the 8.. With the Collingwood finishing 9th.

Interesting that no-one has really mentioned Geelong...this time last year they were flag favourites.

before capitulating like a bunch of old women, what a pissweak season...with the talent they have they should be top 4. id rate their depth of talent as greater than a team like the dees.

Freo, Weagles, Cats, Doggies and Swannies will be the top 5 teams next season. Not in that particular order.

Look for Tigers, Bombers, Maybe Pies, Saints, Crows, Dees to battle it out for the remaining spots.

Freo, Weagles, Cats, Doggies and Swannies will be the top 5 teams next season. Not in that particular order.

Look for Tigers, Bombers, Maybe Pies, Saints, Crows, Dees to battle it out for the remaining spots.

Pies will struggle to kick enough goals without Tarrant I reckon. Conversely Freo should be stronger than last year....Pavlich is an early Brownlow tip. Bombers will be a lot better than 2006 with Lloyd back and healthy and Mal Michael helping in the backline.

BURNING QUESTION - Will Kent Kingsley be better for Richmond than Brad Ottens has been for the Cats?

Dont Jinx St Kilda Richo!! :p

Don't worry mate I won't - I only have money on Adelaide at this stage :)
Did you know I am known as the sports Jinx, who-ever I bet on loses.......long story but I have a good record on jixing teams (lol).

Did you know I am known as the sports Jinx, who-ever I bet on loses.......long story but I have a good record on jixing teams (lol).

Put a bet on collingwood ;)

I dont rate them either Shihad, i think there chance of being a good side is passed them. The only thing that could happen which may change things is their coach. will he bring the best out of his players or not?

Hey Richo i have the same problem, i even bring champion-undefeated teams to there knees.

I actually think the saints and cats will go ok this year (they should improve on last year). on the other hand, the crows may slide the other way, but still play a week of finals. :) the doggies and demons should also see September action.
Freo, Sydney and West Coast should make the top 4, the 4th spot is up for grabs (from one of the teams previously mentioned).

I look forward to getting a 2007 card just like this one...
2006SelectAFLPremiersPC1.jpg

and another dvd set at the end of the year :p

I dont rate them either Shihad, i think there chance of being a good side is passed them. The only thing that could happen which may change things is their coach. will he bring the best out of his players or not?

LOL this is coming from a Collingwood supporter :D

Back
Top Bottom