AFL Dreamteam OZCT league

Yeah. Ive pmed a few AFLs members.. that prolly wouldn't venture out of the Footy Section.. Anyone know anyone else who would be keen thats a member on here?

Well here is my starting line up guys, what do we think? Ive gone with a selection of established players, middlerange players that have looked like taking the next step in the NAB cup, and ofcourse a few of the better Rookies who are likely to play straight away.... Just a draft team so far, i am yet to go through each clubs injury list and check that any of these players arnt on it...... also need to look at the rookies i selected more carefully as some i dont think are going to play yet (and who is the blond haired stocky kid from perth who played with the Lions last week i need to add him)

STARTING LINE UP

(RIC) 1. MCMAHON, Jordan
$373,900 $+0 ($+0)

(COL) 2. SHAW, Heath
$363,300 $+0 ($+0)

(WCE) 3. NICOSKI, Mark
$263,700 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 4. MORRIS, Dale
$250,500 $+0 ($+0)

(KAN) 5. HANSEN, Lachie
$238,300 $+0 ($+0)

(STK) 6. GILBERT, Sam
$221,900 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 7. RAINES, Andrew
$188,100 $+0 ($+0)

(GEE) 8. SELWOOD, Joel
$404,000 $+0 ($+0)

(CAR) 9. GIBBS, Bryce
$387,300 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 10. COUSINS, Ben
$364,000 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 11. GRIFFEN, Ryan
$344,200 $+0 ($+0)

(KAN) 12. SWALLOW, Andrew
$227,800 $+0 ($+0)

(MEL) 13. PETTERD, Ricky
$201,900 $+0 ($+0)

(ESS) 14. HILLE, David
$381,400 $+0 ($+0)

(CAR) 15. KREUZER, Matthew
$241,200 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 16. DELEDIO, Brett
$433,000 $+0 ($+0)

(HAW) 17. FRANKLIN, Lance
$428,000 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 18. GIANSIRACUSA, Daniel
$413,300 $+0 ($+0)

(COL) 19. DAVIS, Leon
$374,700 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 20. HIGGINS, Shaun
$211,900 $+0 ($+0)

(ESS) 21. SKIPWORTH, Hayden
$196,600 $+0 ($+0)

(ADE) 22. HENTSCHEL, Trent
$122,700 $+0 ($+0)

AND SUBSITUTES

(GEE) 23. TAYLOR, Harry
$261,300 $+0 ($+0)

(BRL) 24. HENDERSON, Lachie
$139,200 $+0 ($+0)

(COL) 25. SIDEBOTTOM, Steele
$110,600 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 26. DANIELS, Jamason
$78,300 $+0 ($+0)

(BRL) 27. LEUENBERGER, Matthew
$191,700 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 28. GRAHAM, Angus
$86,600 $+0 ($+0)

(KAN) 29. ZIEBELL, Jack
$118,600 $+0 ($+0)

(ESS) 30. GUMBLETON, Scott
$86,600 $+0 ($+0)

Well here is my starting line up guys, what do we think? Ive gone with a selection of established players, middlerange players that have looked like taking the next step in the NAB cup, and ofcourse a few of the better Rookies who are likely to play straight away.... Just a draft team so far, i am yet to go through each clubs injury list and check that any of these players arnt on it...... also need to look at the rookies i selected more carefully as some i dont think are going to play yet (and who is the blond haired stocky kid from perth who played with the Lions last week i need to add him)

STARTING LINE UP

(RIC) 1. MCMAHON, Jordan
$373,900 $+0 ($+0)

(COL) 2. SHAW, Heath
$363,300 $+0 ($+0)

(WCE) 3. NICOSKI, Mark
$263,700 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 4. MORRIS, Dale
$250,500 $+0 ($+0)

(KAN) 5. HANSEN, Lachie
$238,300 $+0 ($+0)

(STK) 6. GILBERT, Sam
$221,900 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 7. RAINES, Andrew
$188,100 $+0 ($+0)

(GEE) 8. SELWOOD, Joel
$404,000 $+0 ($+0)

(CAR) 9. GIBBS, Bryce
$387,300 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 10. COUSINS, Ben
$364,000 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 11. GRIFFEN, Ryan
$344,200 $+0 ($+0)

$227,800 $+0 ($+0)

(MEL) 13. PETTERD, Ricky
$201,900 $+0 ($+0)

(ESS) 14. HILLE, David
$381,400 $+0 ($+0)

(CAR) 15. KREUZER, Matthew
$241,200 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 16. DELEDIO, Brett
$433,000 $+0 ($+0)

(HAW) 17. FRANKLIN, Lance
$428,000 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 18. GIANSIRACUSA, Daniel
$413,300 $+0 ($+0)

(COL) 19. DAVIS, Leon
$374,700 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 20. HIGGINS, Shaun
$211,900 $+0 ($+0)

$196,600 $+0 ($+0)

$122,700 $+0 ($+0)

AND SUBSITUTES

(GEE) 23. TAYLOR, Harry
$261,300 $+0 ($+0)

(BRL) 24. HENDERSON, Lachie
$139,200 $+0 ($+0)

(COL) 25. SIDEBOTTOM, Steele
$110,600 $+0 ($+0)

(WBD) 26. DANIELS, Jamason
$78,300 $+0 ($+0)

$191,700 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 28. GRAHAM, Angus
$86,600 $+0 ($+0)

(KAN) 29. ZIEBELL, Jack
$118,600 $+0 ($+0)

$86,600 $+0 ($+0)

Interesting Brad.......I only have 3 the same as you but there were a few names there that I was considering :)

Yeah i went for something a little bit different than last year, i tried to get a team that is going to grow in value instead of what i did last year and just bought every top player and filled the rest up with rookies. still got a few $400,000 + players but trying to steer clear of them if possible.....its a bloody hard process to select..... i.e players that kick more than handpass, take marks, and takle a lot....not to worried about players that kick goals unless its franklin who does it all

Yeah i went for something a little bit different than last year, i tried to get a team that is going to grow in value instead of what i did last year and just bought every top player and filled the rest up with rookies. still got a few $400,000 + players but trying to steer clear of them if possible.....its a bloody hard process to select..... i.e players that kick more than handpass, take marks, and takle a lot....not to worried about players that kick goals unless its franklin who does it all

hey guys not the best idea to give you team/picks away.. other teams will copy it.. I usually keep everything on the quiet until after Rd 3.

pretty sure after round one you can see everyones teams anyway cant you? it changes so much during the year anyway just thought id start a conversation point and get other peoples opinions on my team?

pretty sure after round one you can see everyones teams anyway cant you? it changes so much during the year anyway just thought id start a conversation point and get other peoples opinions on my team?

pretty sure you cant see any other team until after RD3.. from last year.. Could be wrong.. Yeah its cool. I'm just cagey with my side, my competitve nature i guess. I try to keep team under wraps so i have more uniques come RD1.. As most teams are really picking from the same pool of players value picks/rookies etc. Its usually the value/uniques picks that win you the matchup or make the difference in overall ranking. So by showing your side.. its gives another manager in the league else a heads up on a player that they may not of picked before RD1, just gives your advantage away. Good to chat about your side and players.. but i tend to do that anonymously on other sites.

Its really the biggest fault with DT and SC, everyones got the same side.. usually at the start and then at the end.. makes it pretty boring.. no diversity. because those players just cancel eachother out in a matchup. It really comes down to your 2nd-3rd tier players and who you chose as captain..

I reckon they really should reduce the salary cap by a million dollars at least.. but give you 10 more trades.. Make it much more interesting.. Teams would be forced to use the more mid priced players and only have 1-2 guns in MID/DEF/FWD/RCs. There is a much bigger pool of players in the mid-range than the elites.. So teams would be more diverse.. at least in the first half of the season.. So it would come down to more, whos done the right research on mid-priced players, upping the ante and having breakout years.. And the right selection of elites/premium players.. as you would be limited by how many you could afford.. well at the start anyway.. And also how well you have traded over the course of the season..

NBA Stock Exchange is a much better system, i reckon they should adopt.. you get unlimted trades.. but the each trade cost your money from your salary cap.. Players prices fluctuate not only based on performance but on popularity. So its more about how well you trade and play the game.. As opposed to how many Top premium players you can slot in you side from the get go... Cause at the moment.. its takes two seconds to slot in the ABCs.(ablett/bartel/corey) and youll still do pretty well.. but there wont be too much room for growth..

This is my first year but I am applying the same principle.....players to build in value! The Melbourne #1 Draft Pick (Oveall too) Watt would have to be good value for money for sure! Still not sure on Cousins though.......if he comes out firing like he did on his comeback for WCE that $364,000 willlook cheap but if he pops a hammy again then your in trouble!

hey guys not the best idea to give you team/picks away.. other teams will copy it.. I usually keep everything on the quiet until after Rd 3.

James - No offence but if we want to chat about our side there is nothing wrong with that.....there is only bragging rights up for grabs so it's no biggie. If you want to keep your side under wraps for fear of being pipped at the start then that is all good and well but anyone who wants to discuss teams and ask for advice is free to do so...........but being that it is my 1st year of doing this I wouldn't take to much advice of me (lol) :lol:

STARTING LINE UP

(WCE) 3. NICOSKI, Mark
$263,700 $+0 ($+0)

(GEE) 8. SELWOOD, Joel
$404,000 $+0 ($+0)

(RIC) 10. COUSINS, Ben
$364,000 $+0 ($+0)

$227,800 $+0 ($+0)

$196,600 $+0 ($+0)

$122,700 $+0 ($+0)

$191,700 $+0 ($+0)

(KAN) 29. ZIEBELL, Jack
$118,600 $+0 ($+0)

$86,600 $+0 ($+0)

Meant to say these were the names (listed above) of the players you have that I have had in and out of my team since I picked it (still considering).

James - No offence but if we want to chat about our side there is nothing wrong with that.....there is only bragging rights up for grabs so it's no biggie. If you want to keep your side under wraps for fear of being pipped at the start then that is all good and well but anyone who wants to discuss teams and ask for advice is free to do so...........but being that it is my 1st year of doing this I wouldn't take to much advice of me (lol) :lol:

soz I wasnt saying that you couldn't.. I was just saying that it isn't the smartest thing to do.. Who am I to tell you not too.. Doesn't bother me..

You'll notice most people even on the other site.. aren't really talking about their team. Pretty hard to get a wimper out of most seasoned DTers... I'm sure once the season kicks in, things will change.. I have a hard enough time talking to my mates about it before RD1.. and then after thats all we chat about when watching the footy.. Just the competitive nature of it.. But yeah true this league is no biggie..

The Melbourne #1 Draft Pick (Oveall too) Watt would have to be good value for money for sure!

Yeah i had watts in my side two till i heard an interview about him on radio apparently wont play to alteast round 8 so ill prob give him a miss........... im not to worried who sees my side haha, ill probably change it 15 times before the season starts...........:thumbsup:

soz I wasnt saying that you couldn't.. I was just saying that it isn't the smartest thing to do.. Who am I to tell you not too.. Doesn't bother me..

You'll notice most people even on the other site.. aren't really talking about their team. Pretty hard to get a wimper out of most seasoned DTers... I'm sure once the season kicks in, things will change.. I have a hard enough time talking to my mates about it before RD1.. and then after thats all we chat about when watching the footy.. Just the competitive nature of it.. But yeah true this league is no biggie..

The funny thing is everyone I work with is discussing their teams.....some people almost have the same forward line as me lol

If there was $$$ on the line then yeah I'd be quiet like you ;)

The funny thing is everyone I work with is discussing their teams.....some people almost have the same forward line as me lol

If there was $$$ on the line then yeah I'd be quiet like you ;)

Guess its depends how competitive you are within your league. I was like that initially when i first had a go at DT.. But after your first season.. you like to keep your strategies to yourself generally. You tend to try step it up each season vowing to better than the last..

Most people I know take it pretty seriously usually and keep things very close to their chest.. Be that a value pick no one is talking about.. or a strategy that suits the current climate of footy i.e.. rolling zone..

Each to their own though.. If I was a first year DT player.. I would want as much info/tips/strategies as i could get my hands on.. There are plenty of other sites available, that would give you more sound advice ... if you do the right amount of research.. you'll generally do pretty well. You'll being making a informed decision. Rather than relying on roughie tips from your mates at work or NAB cup Results.. which should for the most part be taken with a grain of salt.. Nathan Jones is classic example from last year.. alot ppl got sucked into, including me, due to his NAB Cup form, mid-range price and being constantly talked up all over the place.. He was THE OFFICIAL 2008 DT spud in the end..

You can see everyones team after round 1. I've been changing my team everyday just trying to finalize it. Looking forward to it. It's my 3rd year entering in the AFL.com.au and Herald Sun comps so I'm hoping for a big year.

Richo, what are your thoughts on Nicoski?
If he can get a spot on WCE's half back flank, then he's probably good value.
He seems a bit injury prone though....

Richo, what are your thoughts on Nicoski?
If he can get a spot on WCE's half back flank, then he's probably good value.
He seems a bit injury prone though....

Yeah ever since that ankle operation he has not been the same!
I am hesitant on him but he is worth including because of the value for money he would be if he cracked a permanent spot.

Other West Coast players to watch include Brad Ebert & Sam Butler!

Yeah ever since that ankle operation he has not been the same!
I am hesitant on him but he is worth including because of the value for money he would be if he cracked a permanent spot.

Other West Coast players to watch include Brad Ebert & Sam Butler!

Thanks mate.
Ill probably end up taking a punt on him!

Back
Top Bottom