Advice on NBA Packs and Boxes: Ask your questions here!

Hey guys looking at buying a box, thing that turns me off some are 'sticker autos', so which recent boxes (obviously i dont expect to list every box ever) have majority on-card autos. From what ive seen Classics and Tottaly Certerfied have all on-cards.
Thanks for your help guys :)

Hey guys looking at buying a box, thing that turns me off some are 'sticker autos', so which recent boxes (obviously i dont expect to list every box ever) have majority on-card autos. From what ive seen Classics and Tottaly Certerfied have all on-cards.
Thanks for your help guys :)

10-11 Classics prices aren't worth it at the moment because they've been inflated from the Jeremy Lin hype. So you'd be looking at 09-10 Classics or the 10-11 Totally Certified. Totally Certified still has sticker autos for the non-rookies though.

09-10 Classics is good value for money because the Blake Griffins are not case hits so you have a higher chance of hitting them than you normally would. Hope that helps.

HOF! Help me out too bud! In all seriousness HOF is the safest bet but very limited super mojo, Contenders I expect to have gone up in price to factor in the Linsanity - SP Authentic I haven't been overly impressed with but definitely has the biggest cards to pull with the MJs and the like....

Heading up to Wanneroo to buy box/s. Should I go with 2 boxes of 09/10 Hall of Fame or 1 11/12 SP Authentic? Thoughts? Or get 10/11 Contenders to see if I can pull a Lin?

I was there yesterday and busted a box of Classics for kicks!
He had put the price up, but they were still only $120 so I imagine the others have gone up a little too

I would go HOF coz I saw your last box and it was pretty average so you must be due for a good one.

No point chasing Lin coz if it is just about the money, you are better off not busting at all!

Skip, you speak only the truth. Have just got back and Contenders has been increased, so I passed on that, I to have been unimpressed with SP Authentic and I didnt want to risk another box like the last one (urgh), so it had to be HOF, which like Contenders had also seen a price hike, so I only bought the 1 box. Results to come...

YEEHAA! Like you say Skip, no totally huge hit potential, but I would say a Patrick Ewing 3 Colour Team USA Prime Patch would be a pretty good hit. Pic to come. Also pulled Willie Worsley Famed Sig's Auto (no biggie, but dont have him in set yet), and redemption for Isiah Thomas Famed Sig's (again, not huge, but again, needed for set chase), and also pulled numbered Magic Insert, so all in all, very happy.

Above average for sure, always a good chance to pull a decent auto or inscription and then there's all the Dream Team stuff - last box I broke had a Magic Dream Team patch, have to be happy with that!

Just posted pics of Ewing and Johnson on Live Box Breaks thread. Very nice patch, red white and blue. @Skip, you would definitely be happy with a Magic USA Patch, I know I would be.

Thinking of getting a Cheap Hobby Box! Any Ideas of any good Cheap Hobby Boxes?!

Considering!

• 11/12 Panini Hoops
  • 2007/08 Upper Deck SP Rookie Edition Basketball

Back
Top Bottom