? about game used jersey cards of retired players.

1s1ah

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jesse
eBay User
1s1ah
Hey everyone! I had something that's I've wondered about when it comes to game used jersey swatch cards of retired players for awhile now and I was hoping someone here could shed some light for me. The basic question is, like for me who collects Isiah Thomas, where do the card manufacturers keep getting these swatches to put into cards? Isiah hasn't played in an NBA game in a little over 20 years now.

I'm sure someone else at sometime has posed this question before. I used to read Beckett and the various trade publications because I liked to be up on the back stories of the hobby. But, since my collection for a long time didn't cross over into current cards the information wasn't relevant to me and I stopped.

The other thing is I would rather see these game used jerseys whole and in the marketplace where hardcore fans can obtain them instead of chopped up and stuck into cards. Because, after all, there's no more that are going to come from actual NBA games.

I think you'll find that a lot of the jerseys are now event used, rather than game used. So basically they come in for a signing & make them wear it while they do it - then user it in future sets releases.

There are places like Mei Grey group that sell game worn jerseys from current and retired players too.

One of the reasons I keep pushing for game specific date info on the card. I know it's a tough ask but it would make me feel better about having game used cards. It's too ambiguous otherwise. It might also have the side effect of reducing the overall number of game used cards they are able to produce and release.

One of the reasons I keep pushing for game specific date info on the card. I know it's a tough ask but it would make me feel better about having game used cards. It's too ambiguous otherwise. It might also have the side effect of reducing the overall number of game used cards they are able to produce and release.

I agree, time for collectors to insist on greater rarity and more details about cards we collect.

Back
Top Bottom