2022 TLA NRL Elite Official Thread - Checklist Added

Pretty heavy increase on the WNRL content. I guess this was always going to happen at some point with the expansion of the WNRL in both teams and fixtures played. Not really my thing but I am sure this content will bring some new collectors aboard.

Interesting move to have both the white and black LS numbered the same (/60) and moving the Captain from a box hit to a numbered hit.

I think the Priority hits will be back to being 1 x YG and 2 x Dally M.

Great choice on the MS, not sure how well received the All Star patches will be. Due to the jersey's most patches will look great, hopefully the quality of player is good.

Shame there's no pic of the milestone cards - the rainbow foil sounds like it could be the most interesting in hand.

Design wise, none of the sets wow me, but they're ok. As soon as I saw the common with the black border I thought straight away of 94 Dynamic and all the chipped cards. Bold move, ESP. I would have preferred a full bleed design with a touch of foil in line with the inserts, the base looks more basic than the Traders set this year.

At least there'll be a couple of Masters cards of Freddie as a Panther, if there's one in the chocolate soldiers kit then I'll be a happy man. Shame the sig set couldn't extend to 4 cards, as the club sig will no doubt be Easts.

As just a Panthers collector these days, the NRLW surge doesn't really bother me either way, but kinda bizarre to stack them in as inserts but not base cards. I get there's no value for sellers in commons, but to still have a tiny 144 base set when there's so many inserts seems ridiculous.

Shame there's no pic of the milestone cards - the rainbow foil sounds like it could be the most interesting in hand.

Design wise, none of the sets wow me, but they're ok. As soon as I saw the common with the black border I thought straight away of 94 Dynamic and all the chipped cards. Bold move, ESP. I would have preferred a full bleed design with a touch of foil in line with the inserts, the base looks more basic than the Traders set this year.

At least there'll be a couple of Masters cards of Freddie as a Panther, if there's one in the chocolate soldiers kit then I'll be a happy man. Shame the sig set couldn't extend to 4 cards, as the club sig will no doubt be Easts.

As just a Panthers collector these days, the NRLW surge doesn't really bother me either way, but kinda bizarre to stack them in as inserts but not base cards. I get there's no value for sellers in commons, but to still have a tiny 144 base set when there's so many inserts seems ridiculous.

The Milestones are the case cards aren't they? Like last years ones?

@Diggaz TC may know?

I suppose they had to drop the the number of white league sensations to accommodate for the Women's League sensations.

I suppose they had to drop the the number of white league sensations to accommodate for the Women's League sensations.
Overall though, LS numbers have increased from 140 to 150 per card. I am not sure what the theory behind this is but it doesn’t make a great deal of sense. At least the days of 2 hit boxes should be gone, there will be enough hits for a minimum of 3 per box.

Pretty heavy increase on the WNRL content. I guess this was always going to happen at some point with the expansion of the WNRL in both teams and fixtures played. Not really my thing but I am sure this content will bring some new collectors aboard.
Might be some extra cards for us Raiders fans next year with the club given the go ahead to join the comp today!

Given that the booklet and the masters sig are 1 per 2 cases hopefully you get 1 or the other in each case.

On first look
1} The mojos don't look too flash, very plain. I hope the gold pops. Looks a shocker on the emerald card.
2} Why oh why LS black & white both limited to the same number ?
3} As most collectors nowadays seem to be team collectors, there's a lot
of WNRL and All Stars inserts I'm guessing will be going cheap.
4} Common cards look a bit average.

But for all this, will be hanging out for for release of the checklist.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has asked already but is it going to be in newsagents again this year, I’m getting a case with priority anyway but I miss going to the newsagent to buy a few packs here and there, one time I bought 2 packs (I believe from the same box but possibly 2 open ones condensed) and both had a hit
Pretty foolish for them not to, they’re losing sales, I hardly got any elite last year

Not sure if anyone has asked already but is it going to be in newsagents again this year, I’m getting a case with priority anyway but I miss going to the newsagent to buy a few packs here and there, one time I bought 2 packs (I believe from the same box but possibly 2 open ones condensed) and both had a hit
Pretty foolish for them not to, they’re losing sales, I hardly got any elite last year
There will be very few Newsagents that will have Elite as it has been for several years now ....The only Newsagents that will have Elite will be the stores that buy from Dealers or IKON ...

I am fairly confident in saying that pritty much all of this years Elite (660 cases ) has already been allocated to resellers ....

Not overly excited by this release, a few good looking cards but most are average.

The Golden Ticket is a joke.

From a few groups I am in the feedback is very 50/50.

Seems very similar comments to what I have heard as well.

I did some sums and from a team collector point of view...... my spend this year will be a lot less than the last 2 years.

Seems very similar comments to what I have heard as well.

I did some sums and from a team collector point of view...... my spend this year will be a lot less than the last 2 years.
Yes that's what I see, The All Star inserts will only have a limited appeal. Less high end team cards.
Will be interesting to see how things/prices pan out in August ?

Back
Top Bottom